HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 2:04 AM

Yes!!! Let's make it happen. Love this project. Also, love more high rises around Temple, and more high rises on Broad St.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 12:08 PM
BANNED

i really thought this would be moving by now. They have had permits for a few months.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 12:11 PM
Philly Pholly

Great news. I love this project.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 9:33 PM

9/19: A trailer is now on-site and the parking lot is being torn up!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 9:44 PM

Looks like things may finally be moving here!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 11:07 PM
Philly Pholly

Reminder;

Last edited by SEFTA; Oct 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 1:13 AM

9/28/2017

Fencing up. Work is starting.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 12:15 PM
BANNED

finally- I was concerned about this one.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2017, 10:00 PM

10/13: Caisson rig is on site and drilling!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2017, 12:29 PM
BANNED

its crazy how this and thew View 2 are starting within days of one another.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 8:07 PM

I believe that caissons are currently being installed!!

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 2:50 PM

Caisson installation? What, what?? That means it's officially under construction

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I believe that caissons are currently being installed!!

This might be my favorite new building (proposal) in Philadelphia.

Not just because of the building itself, but because it punches way above its weight given the location.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
This might be my favorite new building (proposal) in Philadelphia.

Not just because of the building itself, but because it punches way above its weight given the location.
I love this building as well! To me, this tower puts a huge exclamation point on the "Templetown has arrived!" statement. The fact that a developer has confidence that a building of this height and density would work north of Girard Avenue says a lot about my neighborhood, as well as Temple University. This place is experiencing a major renaissance, especially as the energy from Francisville continues to push northwards. In the next 5-10 years, I think that Templetown/Cecil B. Moore will be completely transformed, Cecil B. Moore Avenue will be a much better retail corridor, and that Susquehanna Avenue will have its own retail renaissance.

Let's hope that developers knock out some more big lots along North Broad! The huge grass lot between Oxford and Jefferson is practically begging to be developed, especially since Lower North Philly lacks a proper hotel (aside from the Conwell Inn and the new hotel in the Divine Lorraine's annex).

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I love this building as well! To me, this tower puts a huge exclamation point on the "Templetown has arrived!" statement. The fact that a developer has confidence that a building of this height and density would work north of Girard Avenue says a lot about my neighborhood, as well as Temple University. This place is experiencing a major renaissance, especially as the energy from Francisville continues to push northwards. In the next 5-10 years, I think that Templetown/Cecil B. Moore will be completely transformed, Cecil B. Moore Avenue will be a much better retail corridor, and that Susquehanna Avenue will have its own retail renaissance.

Let's hope that developers knock out some more big lots along North Broad! The huge grass lot between Oxford and Jefferson is practically begging to be developed, especially since Lower North Philly lacks a proper hotel (aside from the Conwell Inn and the new hotel in the Divine Lorraine's annex).
I believe Temple owns that land, but not 100% sure. I always thought they should demo the Rite-Aid and the stand alone building on the other side to make way for a huge mixed-use project.

Also, the white 2-story building across the street needs to go.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 2:13 PM

18-story tower on North Broad next to Blue Horizon breaks ground

Quote:
Construction has finally begun on a new 18-story tower on North Broad next to the Blue Horizon boxing venue, nearly a year after plans for the project were first announced.

Local developer Bock Development Group just broke ground on what’s being called “The Nest,” an 18-story residential tower at 1324 N. Broad Street. Designed by Cecil Baker + Partners, the high-rise will include 192 fully-furnished residential units and retail on the first floor. The second floor will be the tower’s amenity level, with study lounges, a tech center, a gym, and a terrace.

The project’s stats have changed slightly since last year, when plans called for a 17-story tower and 180 apartments. Although the tower will now include one more story, it will remain the same height.

A one-story structure was razed last year to make way for the metal and glass tower.

“This building is designed as a beacon of the future that pays deference to the structures of North Broad’s storied past,” said Chris Blakelock, a partner at Cecil Baker + Partners. Indeed, the new building will be neighbors to the historic Blue Horizon boxing venue and the New Freedom Theatre, whose Edwin Forrest house is also for sale.

In fact, brownstone piers will be installed to separate the ground-floor retail entrance from the residential lobby as a nod to the New Freedom Theatre next door.

If all goes to plan, construction, led by Ernest Bock and Sons, should finish up in August 2019.
https://philly.curbed.com/2017/10/25...groundbreaking

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 3:26 PM

Work starts on apartment tower near Temple U. and historic North Broad Street venues

Quote:
Work starts on apartment tower near Temple U. and historic North Broad Street venues

Crews have begun work on an 18-story metal-and-glass-clad apartment building near Temple University that will share a North Broad Street block with the historic Blue Horizon boxing venue and New Freedom Theatre.

The 192-unit tower near the southwest corner of Broad and Master Streets, which is being called the Nest, will also include ground-floor commercial space, developer Bock Development Group said in a release Monday.
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171025.html

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171025.html
18 storys is not bad... might get some good views from it.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 6:10 PM

18 floors for Temple - very nice!

But had to roll my eyes at this:
Quote:
“This building is designed as a beacon of the future that pays deference to the structures of North Broad’s storied past,” said Chris Blakelock, a partner at Cecil Baker + Partners.
What a crock. It looks like the rest of Cecil Baker's shlock. At least, this type of bland architecture is student housing in North Philly instead of luxury digs for millionaires in Center City.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
18 floors for Temple - very nice!

But had to roll my eyes at this:

What a crock. It looks like the rest of Cecil Baker's shlock. At least, this type of bland architecture is student housing in North Philly instead of luxury digs for millionaires in Center City.
is this student housing? I don't know if that is the case.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive