HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 17, 2014, 9:28 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
12/17/2014

ERECT PLATFORM FOR CONCRETE PUMPER AS PER PLANS FIELD IN CONJUCNTION WITH NB 121328205

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2014, 3:21 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 12:25 AM

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 12:39 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hopefully with the extra height, they can bump the spire past 1,775 ft.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2014, 12:57 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredo267 View Post

What that last filing is for...

Quote:
PROVIDE STANDPIPE SYSTEM FOR PROPOSED NEW BUILDING 121328205

The 233 units seem to reflect the original filing, so I don't know that we are back to that height yet. If we went back to the original design, that would be a great Christmas present. I woudn't count on it though.

Comparison of the various figures since the original filing...

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 4:43 PM

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 5:31 PM

This building is really humming along. Appears to be a lot of activity and equipment down there.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
This building is really humming along. Appears to be a lot of activity and equipment down there.
That was my thought ... wow, they're really moving on this.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 9:25 PM

It is kind of perfect that just as 432 is winding down, this is ramping up.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2014, 9:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Should be a couple of months before this is up to the street. Making progress though which is great. This will take a very long time to become noticeable, but once it does, its going to be a stunner.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Should be a couple of months before this is up to the street. Making progress though which is great. This will take a very long time to become noticeable, but once it does, its going to be a stunner.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Hopefully with the extra height, they can bump the spire past 1,775 ft.
I doubt they would do this just because it would be taller then One World Trade Center, which while "understandable" is still annoying. They should make the height 2001 feet total.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 4:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracmus View Post
I doubt they would do this just because it would be taller then One World Trade Center, which while "understandable" is still annoying. They should make the height 2001 feet total.

It won't be too long now before the full tower is revealed, but since this keeps coming up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post

I toured AS+GG's Chicago office on Saturday and they were much more elusive with this project than they were last year. No models or drawings anywhere to be found.

I did speak to an architect who told us to look for an official rendering release early first quarter, 2015. When remarking on the expected height, he told me not to anticipate any change; that there is an unwritten gentleman's agreement, of all firms, not to exceed Freedom Tower's mark at 1776' [+5']

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It won't be too long now before the full tower is revealed, but since this keeps coming up...
Right! When they will start to be built? How, when or what?

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:08 PM

1,775 is the total height. That is on file.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Right! When they will start to be built? How, when or what?
It's under construction now. Enjoy the photos above, as the tower makes its way to street level. I'm sure the excitement will multiply when there is a crane on site, but I for one am waiting on the renders. We're way overdue on that for a building of this significance.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:43 PM

I fully understand that the tip of this building will be 1775 feet tall so that it does not pass up one wtc as the tallest in the US, but I am confused why they would build it to be shorter. I would think that they would build this tower to be a bit taller than the wtc so that they could say "come and live in the tallest building in the US!!". I would think that the bragging rights of having the tallest building would outweigh "respecting" the height of the wtc.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppalopp View Post
I fully understand that the tip of this building will be 1775 feet tall so that it does not pass up one wtc as the tallest in the US, but I am confused why they would build it to be shorter. I would think that they would build this tower to be a bit taller than the wtc so that they could say "come and live in the tallest building in the US!!". I would think that the bragging rights of having the tallest building would outweigh "respecting" the height of the wtc.
Then why don't you call them up and ask them to build to your specifications...

Generally speaking, people don't buy condos because of a specific building height. Most of the fanciest buildings in Manhattan aren't even particularly tall.

And only on SSP would people complain about the height of a 1775 ft. tower.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 5:53 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppalopp View Post

Keep in mind that the developer all along insisted there would be no spire or "gimmick" to further increase the height. It's probably a persuasion by a combination of: nearby competition/Nordstrom/Smith that convinced Barnett to go along with a spire at all. It was reportedly the architect who cut the height off just at 1,775 ft out of respect for the Freedom Tower. He could have gone higher had he wanted to.

It will have a higher roof height regardless, and it will be taller than any other residential building in the US. As far as the spire goes, we'll have to wait and see exactly how the design plays with the rest of the tower.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2014, 6:09 PM

Oh, I didn't realize that the developer said that there would be no "gimmick" to boost the height of the building. Do you think cutting buildings off a bit shorter than 1 wtc will be a thing that goes on for years kinda like what happened in philadelphia or not? Anyways, thanks to all who post construction pictures...its great to see them making so much progress on this beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Keep in mind that the developer all along insisted there would be no spire or "gimmick" to further increase the height. It's probably a persuasion by a combination of: nearby competition/Nordstrom/Smith that convinced Barnett to go along with a spire at all. It was reportedly the architect who cut the height off just at 1,775 ft out of respect for the Freedom Tower. He could have gone higher had he wanted to.

It will have a higher roof height regardless, and it will be taller than any other residential building in the US. As far as the spire goes, we'll have to wait and see exactly how the design plays with the rest of the tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive