HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Halo isn't a traditional coffee and donuts place. They are into boxed sales.

Maybe this is an opportunity they could explore...........
That's part of the reason why I think both can survive taking into consideration the CMA's sustained growth of course. There are some niche to the donut sales if Halo wants to keep the boxed sales format more so than a Tim Horton's style. Or Halo can also expand if KK keeps mostly to the core. And Halo can establish themselves a bit on the northwestern end.

Last edited by new kid in town; Feb 29, 2024 at 4:05 PM. Reason: Added info

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 5:30 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
They can stay out of Moncton... we already have Halo donuts that will blow away anything KK can produce. I don't even like donuts, but Halo has me.
I get that people like Halo and all but you can't compare $4 donuts to KK. The two can coexist. I'll grab my dozen from KK while you get maybe a 1/3 of that at Halo. By the way halo is pretty mid they're just so much better than Tim's that most folks don't notice

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
More and more sources coming forward over on Retail Talk & Share NB about Rogers and Fido stores in NB.

Today all the NB stores were randomly closed for the day. However, some employees are coming forward saying they had group meetings this afternoon and staff were then sent home for the rest of the day. They were also sent either letters or emails as well. Apparently all store employees will be laid off because a 3rd party owner is buying the stores. A Rogers store manager had confirmed that employees will be laid off by April and will have to reapply for whatever positions the new, 3rd party, ownership makes available. The job positions will also be posted publicly. There is also currently no guarantees of the new ownership keeping all the current Rogers locations open.

For the time being, the stores will be reopening tomorrow Feb.28th.
It's confirmed that Beyond Wireless, (a 3rd party authorized Rogers/Fido dealer from Ontario), has bought the corporate stores here in New Brunswick. Multiple new job listings have been posted today on Indeed. So far only listings for the locations in Moncton (Northwest Centre), Saint John (McAllister Place), and Fredericton (Regent Mall).

Link to job listings: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=beyond%...lwVkWI1NTUOYLw

Link to Beyond Wireless Website: https://beyondwireless.ca/

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 11:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. It's a bit of a surprise that Rogers would give up a presence in CF Champlain.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:

Interesting. It's a bit of a surprise that Rogers would give up a presence in CF Champlain.
I'm wondering if maybe Rogers is leaving CF Champlain anyway? It could make sense if their spot will be used for the rumored Aritzia in addition to the soon to be former Shoppers space and the now former Lululemon space. Giving them an even bigger space.

Or Aritzia could be just taking the Shoppers space and Rogers. Then the former Lululemon becomes the also rumored Browns Shoes. Then there is 2 new bigger name brand retailers coming to that area of the mall. Would make sense with the other bigger names like Fossil, Lush, Pandora, Lululemon, Skechers and Sephora all in that area of the mall as well.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Feb 29, 2024 at 11:32 PM.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2024, 11:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is actually a very good thought.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 6:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Body Shop in Canada is filing for bankruptcy protection.

This includes CF Champlain and McAllister Place.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/body...ring-1.6791144

33 out of 105 stores in Canada are closing. They plan on restructuring.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 7:03 PM

So what does that leave in Atlantic Canada? Stores in Halifax (2?), Charlottetown and Fredericton by the looks of it. Keeping Freddy over Moncton is a bit surprising. I suspect it's a combination of competition (less in Freddy) and store-costs (Champlain Place is pricy).

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
So what does that leave in Atlantic Canada? Stores in Halifax (2?), Charlottetown and Fredericton by the looks of it. Keeping Freddy over Moncton is a bit surprising. I suspect it's a combination of competition (less in Freddy) and store-costs (Champlain Place is pricy).
3 stores in Halifax (HSC, MMM, and Sunnyside Mall in Bedford). 1 in St. John's I believe (Avalon mall).

Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 7:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
I think competition did in the Body Shop at CF Champlain, particularly the new large Lush store.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Halo isn't a traditional coffee and donuts place. They are into boxed sales.

Maybe this is an opportunity they could explore...........
A Halo coffee shop would seem like a no brainer, and the owners seem like they're ambitious. Maybe they'd take a look at a ground floor spot in one of the future downtown buildings!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
A Halo coffee shop would seem like a no brainer, and the owners seem like they're ambitious. Maybe they'd take a look at a ground floor spot in one of the future downtown buildings!
True and if they didn't want to invest in coffee, they can partner with another local coffee place like Epoch or Brix.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2024, 8:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The construction hoarding has come down from in front of the new Boathouse location at CF Champlain:

The shelving looks fully stocked. Opening must be imminent.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 3:27 PM

Quote:
I think competition did in the Body Shop at CF Champlain, particularly the new large Lush store.
and Bath and Body works

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:36 AM

They have started to replace the roof at the CF Champlain Sobeys. This is news because apparently there was a dispute between Sobeys and Cadillac Fairview as to who should pay for it. I don’t know who ended up footing the bill, but the structure should be sound for the foreseeable future, which is good for Sobeys AND any potential future retailer that may occupy the space should Sobeys ever leave.

One thing I have thought about is Champlain Sobeys could potentially relocate and become the grocery store on the ground level of the Infinity tower. This would have to be one of the Sobeys urban format stores. Just speculation though obviously.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 12:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Shoppers Drug Mart at CF Champlain is now closed.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 9:08 PM

Quote:
It's confirmed that Beyond Wireless, (a 3rd party authorized Rogers/Fido dealer from Ontario), has bought the corporate stores here in New Brunswick. Multiple new job listings have been posted today on Indeed. So far only listings for the locations in Moncton (Northwest Centre), Saint John (McAllister Place), and Fredericton (Regent Mall).

Link to job listings: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=beyond%...lwVkWI1NTUOYLw

Link to Beyond Wireless Website: https://beyondwireless.ca/
Quote:

They posted a job listing today for the Rogers in CF Champlain. Must be slowly rolling them out. https://beyondwireless.hr4.ca/careers/view/290

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 12:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
They posted a job listing today for the Rogers in CF Champlain. Must be slowly rolling them out. https://beyondwireless.hr4.ca/careers/view/290
Thanks. I couldn't imagine giving up a space in CF Champlain for a Rogers affiliated retailer.

This will have some impact on your diagram further up the page as to the potential location of Aritzia.

I imagine Aritzia will occupy the combined former lululemon and former Shoppers space.

I think this more appropriate, as the edge of the former lululemon is visible from the centre court area, and I'm sure that Aritzia would appreciate this. The signage from the old lululemon was visible from the centre court. I imagine Aritizia would do the same, and have their main entrance immediately adjacent to the Roots store.

This leaves the destiny of the rumoured Brown's Shoes up in the air, but the possibility of Brown's coming to CF Champlain was mostly an educated guess based on circumstantial evidence. The arrival of Aritzia is much more certain (based on a gaffe by CF itself a few months ago).

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 2:09 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Thanks. I couldn't imagine giving up a space in CF Champlain for a Rogers affiliated retailer.
GBS Technologies is a Telus Authorized Dealer with locations in some malls, albeit smaller cities. I think this may be the way forward for the big 3 considering its cheaper to hire a third party or do similar to bell and sell in your Source locations as well.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 1:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of Mapleton Plaza notes:

- the last vacant CRU in the plaza (between Giant Tiger and Christmas Discounters) is now actively under renovation. This is a sizeable 6,800 sq ft unit. No indication yet as to a new tenant. Does anyone have any intel???

- Also, the location of the resurrected Zio's Pizzeria has been revealed. It will be located in the old Needs location on the NW corner of the Mapleton/Mountain Road intersection. It is not yet clear when it will be opened.

I remain very impressed how this plaza has been reborn. After K-mart left, things looked very bleak for a few years, but, under new ownership, it has become the home to multiple well patronized and stable retailers and service providers. Well done!!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces