HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownRiderFan View Post
The two Regina locations are not big restaurants. They seem to like the smaller size for whatever reason. Might make it easier to get that many locations. They are also planning 10 locations across Sask (including some smaller centres) in the next few years so they are being very aggressive across western Canada.

http://www.leaderpost.com/life/food/...723/story.html

Will be interesting to see if they can actually open this many locations.
I understand ur passion for regina,..but why Am I clicking a link to Regina Restaurants in the winnipeg restaurant thread...and reading about regina Just wonderin?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
I understand ur passion for regina,..but why Am I clicking a link to Regina Restaurants in the winnipeg restaurant thread...and reading about regina Just wonderin?
Well there was discussion about how the number of planned restaurants for Winnipeg might be 'ambitious' so I shared some information based on their plans for and what they have done in Saskatchewan that I felt was relevant to how they may approach Winnipeg.

Someone else mentioned Brandon..... the horror!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Well there was discussion about how the number of planned restaurants for Winnipeg might be 'ambitious' so I shared some information based on their plans for and what they have done in Saskatchewan that I felt was relevant to how they may approach Winnipeg.

Hmmm I guess thx is in order than, Brandon!! Great for Manitoba..9 for Winnipeg..well locations are openin up everyday so it's possible?

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 9:11 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Historic hotel reopens The Royal Albert Café
Posted by Robin Summerfield, SCENE Writer | Thursday April 18, 2013

The Royal Albert has survived flooding, closures and Green Day.

But Mat Lavielle isn't focusing on the famous hotel's resume, he's interested in its menu. The Royal Albert Café--under the guidance of general manager Lavielle--opened April 18 for breakfast and lunch. The menu is a mixed bag of classic diner food with a focus on regional ingredients like pickerel, Manitoba ribeye and local produce.

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/hom...l-albert-cafe/

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 9:50 PM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
should say 13 locations? the one at dominion centre on marion just closed... should be a starbucks!
The closest Sals to downtown (other than the one that closes at 5pm at the medical arts building) is the one on Main Street by the Bus terminal?

To think that there used to be like 4 or 5 including the bridge. crazy.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 9:52 PM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
We consider Brandon an especially distant suburb of Winnipeg. Regina, to us is considered North Korea.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2013, 10:21 PM

Last edited by Cyro; Apr 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 6:06 AM

Went to Wild Wing. Went with low expectations because of some of the reviews.
But I must say we had a great meal there.
Some of the best wings I've had in a long time.
Seems expensive, but 10 is a decent size, or if you split 3lbs with someone, it is pretty affordable.

One thing I didn't like is it's really small. It's not really somewhere where I'd hang out.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2013, 5:58 PM

Bring Stella's Cafe/Bakery to the Exchange

If there is enough support, I would then approach management and pass along the information. Downtown Winnipeg have over 70,000 workers daily with the Red River Princess campus situated in the heart of the Exchange. There are plenty of attractions in the Cultural District as well of people who call the Exchange District home.

If you have Facebook, please "Like" this page to show your support. ---->http://www.facebook.com/BringStellas...yToTheExchange

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange View Post
If there is enough support, I would then approach management and pass along the information. Downtown Winnipeg have over 70,000 workers daily with the Red River Princess campus situated in the heart of the Exchange. There are plenty of attractions in the Cultural District as well of people who call the Exchange District home.

If you have Facebook, please "Like" this page to show your support. ---->http://www.facebook.com/BringStellas...yToTheExchange
Love Stellas, would be a great add to the exchange district!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2013, 5:47 PM

all of the stella's have a great vibe (props to grant for huge patio). an exchange district location would be even more ideal!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mininari View Post
Curiosity question: does anyone know what is taking so long with the renovation of the Applebees on Pembina Hwy near the University? Not that I ever go there for lunch, but the orange tarps have been up for months it seems.
They got a sign up today, and would be re-opening this June.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 12:36 AM

I'm thinking of checking out La Bamba on Portage Avenue. Has anyone ever been there?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 4:15 AM

La Bamba is great. Just wandered in there last week and was very impressed. Do it up! On that note, I asked the server about a portage avenue patio and they said that they will be snaking one out along the blank wall of dollarama. Sounds good to me!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
Love Stellas, would be a great add to the exchange district!
that would be sweet! my gf loves that place..and it would be awesome to be in walkin distance

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giselle2020 View Post
I'm thinking of checking out La Bamba on Portage Avenue. Has anyone ever been there?
Pretty decent. There was a groupon not too long ago.
I'd go again.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 2:36 AM

Went to The Met today for the Jets game. Despite the negative reviews, I found that the service was good. The atmosphere and volume level was second only to the MTS (if you are looking for game day atmosphere). And the food was relatively cheap and good. I had the pulled pork nachos, which I found to be delicious.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 3:07 AM

The good atmosphere at the Met must be a relatively new phenomenon, because in the last 6 weeks, I had gone twice - granted once was a Sunday evening - and on a scale of 0 to 10 it was flirting with a 0 both times. I am certainly happy to hear the different review.

The pulled pork nachos are ~$20 are they not? Reasonable if you are splitting, but a ridiculous price if you are going at the plate solo.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Went to The Met today for the Jets game. Despite the negative reviews, I found that the service was good. The atmosphere and volume level was second only to the MTS (if you are looking for game day atmosphere). And the food was relatively cheap and good. I had the pulled pork nachos, which I found to be delicious.
I was there tonight too...it was surprisingly busy...but heard there was a "young professionals" meeting/conference goin on. But yeah...the atmosphere was good. Food is pretty good...loving the pulled pork...but the fries are very salty tho...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2013, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctochico View Post
I was there tonight too...it was surprisingly busy...but heard there was a "young professionals" meeting/conference goin on. But yeah...the atmosphere was good. Food is pretty good...loving the pulled pork...but the fries are very salty tho...
I was the ridiculous young adult sitting on the front left balcony (facing the stage) nearly throwing himself over every time the Jets scored. I really get into the game. I too noticed the un proportional number of younger individuals in business suites.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan