HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
I think the idea is reduce traffic congestion in the morning and evening by removing cars from the road. They are trying to shift people from a car dependency to public transit. If more people took the bus then we would need less parking downtown. If more land was available for development then we could have more businesses downtown. If we have more businesses downtown we attract more people to the city and we need more public transit and so on. It is a good idea, I'm not sure people are ready for the shift yet, but it is coming, whether people are ready or not. Is this the right way to do it, time will tell, but without more advertising and incentives it will be hard to convince people to give up their car.
Excellent point! I forget which city in Europe the person was from, but their mayor had a philosophy that people have a right to drive, but they do not have a right to park. It would be great to see surface parking drastically reduced in downtown Moncton. I think that to make that happen, creating these sorts of transit options are a good first step. Trouble will be that people will not use park and ride options until they lack the place to park, or it becomes prohibitively expensive. Once they start cutting parking spots in the downtown and at various businesses, then people will start to use the bus or cycle more. Sadly, most of us take the course of least resistance, though, and for now- here- that means the car.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 4:15 AM

Question Dieppe Boulevard Extension to Dover Road?

Hi Folks,

When I moved to my home just off the Dover Road 11 years ago I was partly drawn by the promise that Dieppe Boulevard would soon cross Leblanc Road and continue south to Dover Road, creating a straight shot up to retail and the highway along the Dieppe Boulevard Corridor. The city maps even had this route dotted as a future road. Some small advancements have been completed, with the Boulevard now reaching to Belle-Foret. That being said, I now notice that the dotted line has disappeared from the Dieppe maps. It was stated in a Facebook chat with the city Facebook account in about 2013 that they expected Dieppe Boulevard to reach Dover by about 2016. That has clearly not happened. It is also noteworthy how the hierarchy of the road has altered south of the new roundabout at Melanson and Dieppe, dropping from what is clearly a major boulevard to what gives me a sense of being a through street. North of the Melanson Roundabout, the street has practically no frontages directly on it, but south of the roundabout there are more driveways for things like the new fire station. Has Dieppe fundamentally changed its vision for this transportation corridor? Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:52 PM

The installation of both a new school and a new fire station at the (current) end of this road leads me to believe that eventually the road will be completed to Dover.
But you are correct, the completion date seems to be forever pushed back, time and again.
I don't have an answer for you. I'd call the mayor or city public works guy or your councillor. These people have a good reputation for answering info requests from citizens. Please let us know what you find out. I used to live on Dover Road years ago.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
The installation of both a new school and a new fire station at the (current) end of this road leads me to believe that eventually the road will be completed to Dover.
But you are correct, the completion date seems to be forever pushed back, time and again.
I don't have an answer for you. I'd call the mayor or city public works guy or your councillor. These people have a good reputation for answering info requests from citizens. Please let us know what you find out. I used to live on Dover Road years ago.
Very good point! I have sent an email to the contact email for Dieppe, but depending on how and if they answer my questions, I will reach out further- these folks you've mentioned are going to be great resources! Thanks!

I should simulate Dieppe in Cities Skylines...

Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
If you intend to post pictures, you're first going to have to establish an account with an online photo hosting service. Many people use services like Flickr or TinyPic.
TinyPic is now toast. Imgur is good, free and you don't have to sign up for anything.

Click New Post
Then click Choose Photo/Video
Find the graphic on your PC
Click Open
Click Copy or click ... then Get Share links
Click Copy Link by BBCode (Forums)

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
TinyPic is now toast. Imgur is good, free and you don't have to sign up for anything.

Click New Post
Then click Choose Photo/Video
Find the graphic on your PC
Click Open
Click Copy or click ... then Get Share links
Click Copy Link by BBCode (Forums)
I have Amazon Prime for photos. Does that work?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 11:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Promenade Neuf - current status:

Photo from Retail Talk & Share

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 2:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Promenade Neuf - Current status:

Just starting on the 4th floor. Final floor count will be seven.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 6:23 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Does anyone know what the story is with the extension of Alain-Gillette to Gauvin?

The road has been finished for at least three weeks now, including line painting. Seems a little silly to spend all summer building the road only to leave it blocked off at both ends with concrete barriers.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 10:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Does anyone know what the story is with the extension of Alain-Gillette to Gauvin?

The road has been finished for at least three weeks now, including line painting. Seems a little silly to spend all summer building the road only to leave it blocked off at both ends with concrete barriers.
Probably the same thing as what's going on with the extension of Twin Oaks to the Ryan Street roundabout.

The road is curbed and paved, the sidewalks and trails are finished, and the road is useable now, but the barricades are still up.

Most be something with the contract stating that the road cannot be opened early, even if complete..........

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 8:57 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Probably the same thing as what's going on with the extension of Twin Oaks to the Ryan Street roundabout.

The road is curbed and paved, the sidewalks and trails are finished, and the road is useable now, but the barricades are still up.

Most be something with the contract stating that the road cannot be opened early, even if complete..........
like if it failed inspection? just because its done doesn't mean it was done right.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 11:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

UNI Centre in Dieppe - current status:

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 2:12 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
like if it failed inspection? just because its done doesn't mean it was done right.
I love the optimism
Given the state of roads in this province, the bar for 'good enough' must be pretty low.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 8:00 PM

Not sure if it was posted before but website is up for the Promenade Neuf building
http://promenadeneuf.ca/

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 4:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks. Looks nice. Good to see the floor layouts for all the different types of apartments.

This thumbnail rendering shows new signage at the crown of the building for Promenade Neuf. Sorry for the small size. I wonder if this signage will be lighted. I hope so. It would look quite snazzy heading towards downtown from across the marsh.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 3:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks. Looks nice. Good to see the floor layouts for all the different types of apartments.

That top floor corner apartment would be nice. Great view to watch planes go in/out of Moncton airport from two balconies. No prices posted, that's scary. From what they are offering at Horizon Place for corner two bedrooms ($3000+ mth), I can only assume $3000+ mth here as well.

It's no wonder why Junction Village apartments sold out so quickly.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
That top floor corner apartment would be nice. Great view to watch planes go in/out of Moncton airport from two balconies. No prices posted, that's scary. From what they are offering at Horizon Place for corner two bedrooms ($3000+ mth), I can only assume $3000+ mth here as well.

True. Someone commented before that the Tannery Place buildings could have easily been 8 floors instead of 6. Too bad Vaughn MacLellan couldn't make it happen. With a waiting list, no doubt 2 more floors would sell out.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 8:51 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post

2 bedroom start at $1,500/mo & 3 bedroom start at $2,000/mo. They have a few one bedroom's so maybe you can get those for under 1500 but I am paying $665 for a 2 bedroom with a balcony next to the mall I am good paying affordable rent

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:01 PM

Story in today's T&T about Plaza Retail Reit is considering a 10,000-square-foot expansion at the Champlain Street Plaza next to a newly-built Ren's Pets store.
Company plans $120M for strip malls, including Dieppe plaza
Quote:
Plaza Retail REIT, a Fredericton-based company with shopping centres across Canada, has more than $100 million in redevelopment and expansion projects planned over the next three years, according to the company's quarterly report released Nov. 5.

That includes a potential 10,000-square-foot expansion at the Champlain Street Plaza in Dieppe, where the company recently finished an 8,000-square-foot expansion for Ren's Pets Depot.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Story in today's T&T about Plaza Retail Reit is considering a 10,000-square-foot expansion at the Champlain Street Plaza next to a newly-built Ren's Pets store.
Company plans $120M for strip malls, including Dieppe plaza
This is interesting since they are having a hard time keeping something at the other end of that strip.
I don't think the trampoline is a good fit for the strip mall, it isn't complimentary to the other businesses in the strip mall and therefor doesn't drive traffic to them. This isn't to say they aren't doing good for themselves it just makes it a little harder for the other businesses around it.

I may be wrong but it is strange that the CRU on the end can't keep anything in it. It is a relatively new building and there have been 2-3 businesses that have failed there already?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces