HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigdeal View Post
Time to let it loose at Haymaker. What a journey.
There will be quite a crowd there tonight.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 11:08 PM
Voice of the Modern World

It will either be named Austin FC or Austin Athletics. The MLS trademarked those two names 2 years ago. I think Austinites will get to pick colors and logos but the name seems predetermined already. The Crews move to ATX has been in the works for many years now, probably many years before news of it went public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mys...wBXZL/amp.html

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 11:16 PM

Precourt goes up to Pool to shake her hand, Pool coldly says I hope you are a good and faithful partner to the City of Austin in ways that you were not in Columbus. You are on the record now for promises you must fulfill. Precourt says I will, then Pool says I hope everyone catches that...Precourt promises to fulfill his promises. Then she points to him and gives him a contentious stare. If you watch it, you will despise her more. She treated him like he was some sort of a dirt bag. She showed him no respect at all. I'm embarrassed by her actions. She is a bitch and a sore loser and tipped her hand again as to her real reason for not wanting Precourt here, she doesn't like him. Well she lost, she gave a hard NO, and this part is over, but she still has a seat and say on the ACC. Hopefully not for much longer. Btw, I hearby name all feces from all living creatures after her. When ever anything has a bowel movement, it shall be called a Leslie Pool.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 11:58 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Precourt goes up to Pool to shake her hand, Pool coldly says I hope you are a good and faithful partner to the City of Austin in ways that you were not in Columbus. You are on the record now for promises you must fulfill. Precourt says I will, then Pool says I hope everyone catches that...Precourt promises to fulfill his promises. Then she points to him and gives him a contentious stare. If you watch it, you will despise her more. She treated him like he was some sort of a dirt bag. She showed him no respect at all. I'm embarrassed by her actions. She is a bitch and a sore loser and tipped her hand again as to her real reason for not wanting Precourt here, she doesn't like him. Well she lost, she gave a hard NO, and this part is over, but she still has a seat and say on the ACC. Hopefully not for much longer. Btw, I hearby name all feces from all living creatures after her. When ever anything has a bowel movement, it shall be called a Leslie Pool.

My question again...can she be removed from office? Are there enough people in that district to remove her from office?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 12:15 AM

I don't think she did or does anything that would warrant removing her. She certainly has alienated herself from a bunch of voters in her district. I think she will have to be non re-elected to get rid of her. She probably would not get a popularity vote from most of the ACC, and I hope her classless act with Precourt will forever leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth. She had the audacity to call him by his first name when dressing him down. I know I have been ranting about this a lot, but I cannot stand this woman.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 1:31 AM
Member since 2001

Quote:
I don't think she did or does anything that would warrant removing her. She certainly has alienated herself from a bunch of voters in her district. I think she will have to be non re-elected to get rid of her. She probably would not get a popularity vote from most of the ACC, and I hope her classless act with Precourt will forever leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth. She had the audacity to call him by his first name when dressing him down. I know I have been ranting about this a lot, but I cannot stand this woman.

Actually, if there are enough people in her District who want her removed, I believe it can happen. I would hope there us an attempt to do so. In the very least, it might scare her.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 2:06 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

One reason for her removal is by secretly flying to Columbus to console the Save The Crew group rather than listening to her own constituents...who the majority have said they want MLS (by her own admission).

I bet nobody is going to research who actually paid for her flight there - now that the vote is in. Sad. She should the investigated.

I also love Troxclair's comment regarding how she thought it was basically deplorable that the city pushed through this "billion dollar deal." Billion dollars? Really? Oh, where were you when I heard the city pushed through the small business cancer deal of forced paid sick leave/vacation for small businesses?

The MLS deal doesn't hurt anyone (even in it's original form). The paid sick/vacation leave requirement will kill several mom & pop local businesses! Which rushed deal hurts more?

Man, as much as I am a dan of Austin...Geez, your government is really messed up. I pray y'all can fix it. Make it more sane. Austin deserves better!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 2:23 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
There are not recall elections anywhere in Texas.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 2:51 AM

N90, regardless of what MLS trademarked (for safekeeping), I'm pretty sure Austin will get input. Austin FC is just awful and generic. This city has personality and I'd hope our team name does, too. Also, it's "Austin Athletic" not "Austin Athletics". I kinda wish it had an S on the end, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
I think they're contractually obligated to use "Austin" in the name?

We could go with something like
-Austin Weird
-Sporting Austin
I like Sporting Austin but my guess is they wouldn't duplicate the "sporting" brand that Kansas City has.

My choices:

Austin Cannons FC
Austin Bats FC
Austin Chaps FC

I like the idea of a cannon shooting out a soccer ball. Maybe as a secondary logo, not primary.

Austin Athletic FC would also be fine with me. There may be some excellent name ideas I haven't heard. Something to do with music maybe?

Austin Trippers
Austin Benders
Austin Rhapsody

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:08 AM

CM Flannigan, the mayor and CM Renteria showed up at the party and were treated like heroes. Great day for Austin.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
N90, regardless of what MLS trademarked (for safekeeping), I'm pretty sure Austin will get input. Austin FC is just awful and generic. This city has personality and I'd hope our team name does, too. Also, it's "Austin Athletic" not "Austin Athletics". I kinda wish it had an S on the end, though.

I like Sporting Austin but my guess is they wouldn't duplicate the "sporting" brand that Kansas City has.

My choices:

Austin Cannons FC
Austin Bats FC
Austin Chaps FC

I like the idea of a cannon shooting out a soccer ball. Maybe as a secondary logo, not primary.

Austin Athletic FC would also be fine with me. There may be some excellent name ideas I haven't heard. Something to do with music maybe?

Austin Trippers
Austin Benders
Austin Rhapsody
Or Animals;
Austin Grackles, Austin Fireants, Austin Coyotes, Austin Hawks, Austin Scorpions, Austin Rattlers, Austin Dillos

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Austin Dillos

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:27 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

No Bats
No Chaps
No FC

Athletic is...okay.

I would like a name related to Austin's history. I'm not sure what yet.

Incorporated in 1839...39ers? lol

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:34 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Austin Crown with a soccer ball logo as the sun setting over a violet horizon
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:36 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Waterloo FC or something Waterloo related.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:38 AM
7th Gen Central Texan

Austin Warblers
Austin Salamanders
Austin Mopacs
Austin Bums

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:39 AM

Go with the formal name “Austin FC” but known as Lone Star or Lone Stars. Similar to form of:

Manchester United - known as the Red Devils
Liverpool FC - the Reds (or the Scum)
Arsenal FC - the Gunners
Mancherster City FC - used to be the Sky Blues but now I see them referred to as the Cityzens
West Ham United - the Hammers

Buy the name out if Lone Stars is already taken. But, can go with the Armadillos. Another choice is to go with Austin FC “1839” or 39ers.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:42 AM
Voice of the Modern World

Steve Adler really is right. We really are getting a sweet deal with this team. We're getting a better deal than any expansion city is getting.

I've been watching the MLS all my life and the Crew have a lot of talent. They've been one of the most competitive and best teams in the MLS for 3 seasons and have the talent to win some championships. This beats getting an expansion team with rookies and minimum players and sucking for years even in a watered down league like MLS.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

PSV financing the stadium is big too.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 3:59 AM

Could go with something politics/capitol-related:

Austin Senators FC
Austin Politicos FC

Or cultural:

Austin Cattle FC
Austin Racheros FC
Austin Mustangs FC
Austin Colts FC
Austin Ponies FC

Or just something cool-sounding and my personal favorite so far:

Austin Omega FC

The logos kinda draw themselves.

Or if you prefer something alliterative:

Austin Alpha FC

Last edited by Syndic; Aug 16, 2018 at 4:09 AM.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 4:04 AM

Austin Queso Fountain

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin