HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 31, 2006, 3:36 AM

i just noticed something, the buildings in the back of the rendering look like the GSU Village and the Palmer House. If that's the case then the front of the building is actually facing the peachtree summit building and the back is facing 45 Allen Plaza?????? Can anyone help me here?

Old Posted May 31, 2006, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
i just noticed something, the buildings in the back of the rendering look like the GSU Village and the Palmer House. If that's the case then the front of the building is actually facing the peachtree summit building and the back is facing 45 Allen Plaza?????? Can anyone help me here?
Yeah, the front faces W Peachtree. Retail will wrap around to Ivan Allen Blvd. The parking entrances will be facing Spring. I believe there is also some public art planned for the intersection of Spring and Ivan Allen on the NE corner.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 4:57 PM
Back on the road again

Based on the webcam view, it looks like they are finally beyond the full footprint phase of the project and about to move to the smaller footprint of the higher floors of the condo. Maybe it will start to rise a little faster as a result. It seems to have been creeping along, although I know that's not the case.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 10:00 PM

Their add in the Sunday real-estate section says they're already over 50% sold. That's a great sign for other residential in Allen Plaza. I read that the first Post project is supposed to start later this year.

Edit: which also makes me wonder how soon might it be before we see a start on the second Twelve residential tower.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jun 13, 2006 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD
Based on the webcam view, it looks like they are finally beyond the full footprint phase of the project and about to move to the smaller footprint of the higher floors of the condo. Maybe it will start to rise a little faster as a result. It seems to have been creeping along, although I know that's not the case.

You're right its looks like their well underway on the first residential floor.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 6:40 PM

After seeing the finished project of Realm and the rendering of 12CP on page 2, 12 CP looks like the Barry Bonds version of Realm (Though I'm sure Mr. Borders would deny all allegations.)

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone
Their add in the Sunday real-estate section says they're already over 50% sold. That's a great sign for other residential in Allen Plaza. I read that the first Post project is supposed to start later this year.

Edit: which also makes me wonder how soon might it be before we see a start on the second Twelve residential tower.
The novare newsletter said that they would start the second tower when the first was 80% sold.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 6:02 PM
Back on the road again

The latest Novare newsletter, quoted below, indicates the south tower will indeed begin to rise quickly, at the rate of about a floor per week. Here's a cut and paste from the latest newletter...

"Construction at the site is proceeding well, with the seventh floor of the residential tower currently being formed. Once the eighth floor is poured later this month, the tower will begin growing a floor each week until the roof is completed above the 39th floor homes. The fifth floor of the hotel building is currently being formed as well, as is the first elevated floor of the parking deck on the west side of the site."

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 6:14 PM
JoeCooper

That's great to hear!!! The phases of construction in the previous months of March, April, and even May, construction dragged. Then again they were still working on the base and parking ramps too.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 6:22 PM

So it sounds like it might get topped out in February of next year.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 8:06 PM

The south tower is due to open in June/July of 07.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2006, 11:20 PM

I know this is for 12CP, but you can see AP also, so....... I wonder if 55AP will start to rise quicker too now they are clearly above the huge hole. I can't tell, but is 45AP starting to rise up or no? i can wait to see it all. Also, I went to the W Hotel site, and under the "new Building," there is no mention of the W in Downtown or Midtown (as those are for sure right?) none the less the one in Buckhead. They have the Dallas one posted though. How long before the Dallas W was announced before the Atlanta W was announced?? either was there will be a shit load of W Hotels once everything is said and done.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2006, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBlaxican
I know this is for 12CP, but you can see AP also, so....... I wonder if 55AP will start to rise quicker too now they are clearly above the huge hole. I can't tell, but is 45AP starting to rise up or no? i can wait to see it all. Also, I went to the W Hotel site, and under the "new Building," there is no mention of the W in Downtown or Midtown (as those are for sure right?) none the less the one in Buckhead. They have the Dallas one posted though. How long before the Dallas W was announced before the Atlanta W was announced?? either was there will be a shit load of W Hotels once everything is said and done.
well the dallas one is almost finished, so I would imagine it was announced way before ours.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2006, 4:05 PM
Back on the road again

I keep wondering about the W Hotel and Residences too. I check out the TWELVE CP webcam pretty much daily, and that W Hotel and Residences giant hole in the ground (right across the street on the webcam) has had no apparent progress in months and months. I wonder what gives?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2006, 6:47 PM

Based on the webcam, they are now doing about 1 floor per week on the South Tower.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2006, 10:40 AM

I drive by there daily going to work and noticed the same thing about the W. Seems like no progress at all.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2006, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cane
I drive by there daily going to work and noticed the same thing about the W. Seems like no progress at all.
I could be wrong but it seems like they're starting to do some work on the W side.

Twelve on the other hand seems to be flying up. They look to already be on the 5th residential floor.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2006, 6:13 AM
Dutton Brown Design

Pics from July 26...

Old Posted Jul 28, 2006, 6:26 AM
JoeCooper

Thanks for the great update! The only images of progress I see are from the webcam and it's great to actually see what it looks like close up and from ground level, this way one can actually see how tall it is getting...

Old Posted Jul 30, 2006, 5:16 AM

The Coke Museum is coming along rather fast. It seems that they should be finished well before next summer, even with putting in all the exhibits. I'm pretty sure they have already started doing that (w/ the Brazilian delivery truck). So is there a chance they might open early?? Also, has anyone figured out why no one ever parks on the top deck of AP 30?? They currently have some great views!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive