HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 6:00 AM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
True, i only say that because the roof of Tower Life is about '404, and the rendering currently puts it there. I'm totally fine with whatever height we get
Yes. Agreed. It will be a nice addition to the skyline.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 5:59 PM

For a building that height I wish it had more style. It will be right next to the prettiest skyscraper in town, if not the entire state.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 6:18 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
For a building that height I wish it had more style. It will be right next to the prettiest skyscraper in town, if not the entire state.
I could see that. Make it look more like the W in Austin. That's 36 floors and still very pretty for a glass box, to me at least.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I don't mind the style so much because I think it will look much better in the flesh than this render. It reminds me how everyone in Austin complained about the Seaholm development but it looked good finished.

The problem with this building is that gigantic blank wall facing south. I'm assuming that's where the elevator shaft will be located but if there is a north-facing wall that looks like this one then PLEASE send this packing.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 10:21 AM
Meh

I really like the height, but man, they need to go back to the drawing board for the design. If it's going to share the skyline so close to the Tower Life Building I really hope it's better than that. Love the height, though, it's easily 400 feet.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 3:45 PM

Quote:
I could see that. Make it look more like the W in Austin. That's 36 floors and still very pretty for a glass box, to me at least.
I actually like the W in Dallas more then the W in Austin.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 4:03 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
I actually like the W in Dallas more then the W in Austin.
That one is pretty too! I forgot about that one.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2017, 5:13 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanfromTexas View Post
I don't mind the style so much because I think it will look much better in the flesh than this render. It reminds me how everyone in Austin complained about the Seaholm development but it looked good finished.

The problem with this building is that gigantic blank wall facing south. I'm assuming that's where the elevator shaft will be located but if there is a north-facing wall that looks like this one then PLEASE send this packing.
Seaholm looks better with age, too, as the blank wall to the north now has a beautiful pattern on it from weathering.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 5:17 PM
BANNED

Wait...so, this building actually got approval from the hysterical (historical) Committee? That's surprising! I want this built already! We need more of these types of buildings downtown. San Antonio needs more centralization versus decentralization of community development. This project, among a few others right now, helps visualize San Antonio's full potential in achieving a downtown metropolitan, that mixing the old with the new, and with pedestrian and tourism gaining more of a visual and aesthetic presence.
-CDM

Last edited by car2004; Apr 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM. Reason: Typos

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 5:19 PM
BANNED

Wait...so, this building actually got approval from the hysterical (historical) Committee? That's surprising! I want this built already! We need more of these types of buildings downtown. San Antonio needs more centralization versus decentralization of community development. This project, among a few others right now, helps visualize San Antonio's full potential in achieving a downtown metropolitan, that mixing the old with the new, and with pedestrian and tourism gaining more of a visual and aesthetic presence.
-CDM

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 1:49 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2004 View Post
-CDM
This hasn't been approved by the HDRC.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 5:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
This hasn't been approved by the HDRC.
Oh, that just breaks my heart. I read the developers wanting to start construction this time next year. Oh, man! Well, this better happen! God! When will SA downtown learn to incorporate the new with the already old. And not just salivate over beige slum buildings.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 9:51 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2004 View Post
Oh, that just breaks my heart. I read the developers wanting to start construction this time next year. Oh, man! Well, this better happen! God! When will SA downtown learn to incorporate the new with the already old. And not just salivate over beige slum buildings.
It hasn't been approved because there has been nothing official design presented. The final design is still being worked on. Needless to say, the final design will be approved. No need to worry.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 1:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
It hasn't been approved because there has been nothing official design presented. The final design is still being worked on. Needless to say, the final design will be approved. No need to worry.
Is it the fact that they already secured funding for the building? Just curious, what makes you think it will have no issues and will definitely be built?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 8:41 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Until it is approved, there is a reason to worry. I will be very interested in seeing their proposed final design. Hope it comes out soon.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Rendering from the link!

Can we please get this one going?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Can we please get this one going?
We may soon have update in a few months time...

https://www.bisnow.com/events/san-an...Market-734#ath

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 5:25 PM

Came across this link today. The bottom of the page has a different rendering than what we've seen (although it's small) and some info on the amenities. As Fryguy said, hopefully we'll get some more solid info next week.

I admittedly don't know much about this site, but if the info on it is to be believed, it looks like they are aiming to begin construction by the end of the year.

https://rsreb-5.com/projects.html

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 5:35 PM
James

I'm glad it's gonna be pretty tall. But that thing is basic next to the Tower Life. lol

oh well, yay for construction at the end of the year!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 8:41 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
I'm glad it's gonna be pretty tall. But that thing is basic next to the Tower Life. lol

oh well, yay for construction at the end of the year!
Everything looks basic next to the Tower Life Building!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio