HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Where is that taken from, Raul?
Parking garage at Nueva and Flores.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 10:35 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Nice! I love it!

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; Feb 18, 2016 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Quoted post was deleted.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 4:43 AM
JACKinBeantown

I've lived in San Antonio, Austin, LA, NYC, Boston and a couple other places... and still the Tower Life building is one of my all time favorites. Raul's photo (with the antenna... pre-flag) reminded me of that.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2016, 3:57 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I assume some of this is a typo. $50 million for the land and construction? Only $1,500/mo for a studio and $3,000/mo for a penthouse (not including affordable units)? All of that including the Miami-like, extremely expensive, automated carpark?

He must be expecting HUGE incentives.

Even if the building is actually going to cost $500 million (about twice as much as Austin's Austonian), the roughly 200 for rent (apartment) units, ranging in price from $1,500 to $3,000, is not going to meet margins (without massive incentives from the City). Add to that...the fact that they would could only receive massive incentives if they added a lot of affordable units within the project. Something is very amiss here.

Also, I am not very familiar with JMJ's development history...how may high-rises have they completed?

Additionally, 6,200 SF of commercial/retail space is smaller than your typical Chili's restaurant. So they are not making too much off of that.

Don't get me wrong. I really, really want this type of development to become the norm in SA. But, I am cautious with this proposal as currently presented publicly. Why have all the bells and whistles when there is no competition and a perceived pent-up demand??? Hey, I know...it's cool and all. But, it does not make common business sense.

I have little doubt that something will get built on this site. However, I do not, at the moment, believe it is what is currently being sold by the developer.
Couldn't agree more. This proposal really doesn't add up and frankly seems more than a little fishy, I would be absolutely shocked if this actually got built.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
So the Dallas-based developer has hired Colliers International (NYSE: CIGI) — a commercial real estate company that doesn't yet have a physical presence in San Antonio — to help it source $47 million in debt and equity for what it will call the Villita Tower, which would include 201 market-rate units.
JMJ isn't expecting to find that kind of money between the couch cushions.
It has a name.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...r-enlists.html

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
From the link: "JMJ Development's plans for a 30-story luxury apartment tower in downtown San Antonio already shot through the city's average four-story ceiling, but without financing, those plans wouldn't even rise above the ground."

Pretty much sums it up. Hopefully with the proposals in the pipeline, this perception will change.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
From the link: "JMJ Development's plans for a 30-story luxury apartment tower in downtown San Antonio already shot through the city's average four-story ceiling, but without financing, those plans wouldn't even rise above the ground."

Pretty much sums it up. Hopefully with the proposals in the pipeline, this perception will change.
AGREED.

But reading the article, $47 million...? That's it? I'm still cautiously optimistic about this one. While I would love a high rise apartment, their comments that our rental market supports this kind of development doesn't add up to me yet. We are still a few years out, I think. But I would happily move there!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtown View Post
AGREED.

But reading the article, $47 million...? That's it?
Well... it will be a very skinny building....

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtown View Post
AGREED.

But reading the article, $47 million...? That's it? I'm still cautiously optimistic about this one. While I would love a high rise apartment, their comments that our rental market supports this kind of development doesn't add up to me yet. We are still a few years out, I think. But I would happily move there!
Emaphasis on "cautiously".

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 8:26 PM

│ JMJ Towers Riverwalk │ 30 FLOORS │ Proposed

I'm hearing (from a friend who works in the industry) that this development is going to encompass a bit more land and ground level development. The investment may be in the $100 million range. The proposed tower could ultimately be 44 stories tall when all is said and done.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 8:38 PM

Talking Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysal View Post
I'm hearing (from a friend who works in the industry) that this development is going to encompass a bit more land and ground level development. The investment may be in the $100 million range. The proposed tower could ultimately be 44 stories tall when all is said and done.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 8:58 PM
Paradise

Wow. Would be amazing if it goes even taller, and $100 mil seems more plausible.

Well I hope for the best and that the design will be awesome.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 10:01 PM
James

44 stories?!? That would put it in line with the Marriott height, would it not? I'm not sure of the heights with hotel/residential floors.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 11:19 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
44 stories?!? That would put it in line with the Marriott height, would it not? I'm not sure of the heights with hotel/residential floors.
Between 10-11' is a safe bet for floor-to-floor height for residential.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2016, 9:18 PM
San Antonio

Does anyone know when JMJ renderings are going to be available?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 3:09 AM
Paradise

Sounds like it will be a little while for renderings, but they are working on it. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

‘THE JETSONS COME TO THE RIVER WALK!’: HOW JMJ IS TRANSFORMING SAN ANTONIO’S SKYLINE
Quote:
JMJ Development is bringing a high-rise luxury apartment tower to San Antonio’s River Walk. One of the largest builders of luxury real estate in the US, JMJ is promising all the latest in upscale amenities, technology and convenience to future residents of JMJ Towers River Walk. We asked CEO Tim Barton, who will be speaking at our Future of Downtown San Antonio summit next Wednesday, about the company’s inspiration for what will be one of the tallest buildings in San Antonio.

The City of San Antonio is over the moon for JMJ Towers River Walk. “We look forward to a great collaborative opportunity with JMJ Development to further add to the unique skyline of San Antonio,” Councilman Roberto C. Trevino said in a statement. “We welcome the thoughtful approach that JMJ Development is taking to jobs, architecture and community input.”

Rick Brendler of B & A Architects will lead the project. It will be at 112-120 Villita St, and is currently in preliminary construction phases.

Hear more from Tim and the rest of our panelists at our Future of Downtown San Antonio summit next Wednesday at the St. Anthony Hotel.
https://www.bisnow.com/austin-san-an...-skyline-63016

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTrance View Post
Sounds like it will be a little while for renderings, but they are working on it. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.

‘THE JETSONS COME TO THE RIVER WALK!’: HOW JMJ IS TRANSFORMING SAN ANTONIO’S SKYLINE

https://www.bisnow.com/austin-san-an...-skyline-63016
I would love a peak at their research that shows this feasible.

Seems other high profile builds could use a dose of their optimism.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 3:43 PM
James

I hope they do whatever on top. But keep with the brick theme of the Tower of Life and the Granada apts. It's beige... lol but maybe have the glass elements up top. More retail please! That area is dead at night. Plus it's also not far from Main Plaza.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 7:16 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
I hope they do whatever on top. But keep with the brick theme of the Tower of Life and the Granada apts. It's beige... lol but maybe have the glass elements up top. More retail please! That area is dead at night. Plus it's also not far from Main Plaza.
Believe it or not, glass and beige go well together. New York and Chicago have tons of beige towers with glass crowns, and they look great.

383 Madison Avenue - New York
https://www.google.com/search?q=383+...28AlwQ_AUICCgD

311 South Wacker Drive - Chicago
https://www.google.com/search?q=311+...EsDswQ_AUIBygC

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 8:10 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Believe it or not, glass and beige go well together. New York and Chicago have tons of beige towers with glass crowns, and they look great.

383 Madison Avenue - New York
https://www.google.com/search?q=383+...28AlwQ_AUICCgD

311 South Wacker Drive - Chicago
https://www.google.com/search?q=311+...EsDswQ_AUIBygC
Those are exactly what should go there! I really hope this project gets off the ground and it's not another dead proposal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio