HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Apr 27, 2018, 6:19 PM

There's a proposal to build 2 residential buildings behind Costco, one 15 stories and one 7 stories, 282 units total.

https://www.halifax.ca/business/plan...ment-dartmouth

Building 1 Rendering

Building 2 Rendering

Old Posted Apr 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

According to Halifax Retales the first hybrid Bass Pro and Cabela's store in the world will be opening soon. They delayed the opening to reconfigure the store for their new design.

http://halifax.retales.ca/2018/04/pi...-and-yakisoba/

Old Posted May 5, 2018, 1:24 PM

DARTMOUTH, N.S.—A conflicted community council unanimously approved the rezoning of a part of Dartmouth Crossing, clearing the way for what would be the area’s first residential development....

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018...-crossing.html

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:17 PM

Update from Halifax Retales on Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops store in Dartmouth Crossing. They are expanding the store to make it much larger and will now open in October.

https://twitter.com/HalifaxReTales/s...13017322356736

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

It sounds like the Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops new hybrid store in Dartmouth Crossing will be expanded from 50,000 sq. ft. to 100,000 sq.ft. and open in October.

List of new stores/hotels opening soon:
Cabela's/Bass Pro Shops
Kent
Thai Express
Booster Juice
Marriott Courtyard Hotel
Marriott Residence Inn

The Outlets at Dartmouth Crossing opening soon:
Old Navy Outlet
Samsonite Company store
Soft Moc Shoe Rack

Rumored
Lowe's Home Improvement
The Rec Room Eats and Entertainment by Cineplex
The Keg
Five Guys
more premium outlet shopping

Last edited by q12; Jun 5, 2018 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 10:43 AM

Cabala's/Bass Pro says in a news release this week that the revamped Cabela's store in Dartmouth Crossing will now open "late this fall".

It will now be a branded as Bass Pro Outpost store with Cabela's and Tracker Boats incorporated. According to the news release this will be the first such store in the chain.

The store, which was all but completed last winter but never opened, is now undergoing renos, although there hasn't been a lot of obvious activity there until now. The original Cabela's signage has come down. The release describes the 50,000 square foot store as a "destination retail experience", employing 145 "outfitters". The interior features wood construction and stonework with hand-painted murals of Nova Scotia scenes and "museum-quality wildlife dioramas".

They say the final opening date and weekend "celebration event" will be announced "in the coming weeks".

Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 1:46 PM

https://stores.basspro.com/ca/ns/dar...bela-road.html

The first Bass Pro Shops Outpost/Cabela's/Tracker Boats store opens this Wednesday Sept 26th. This will also be the 1 year anniversary of IKEA opening (Sept. 27th).

Old Posted Sep 24, 2018, 2:38 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post

Rumored
Lowe's Home Improvement
The Rec Room Eats and Entertainment by Cineplex
The Keg
Five Guys
more premium outlet shopping
I meant to post this last week. I was at the annual CPA Breakfast and one of the "swag bag" items was a chance to win lunch at Five Guys. I have to assume this would not have been included if Five Guys was not actually coming.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
I meant to post this last week. I was at the annual CPA Breakfast and one of the "swag bag" items was a chance to win lunch at Five Guys. I have to assume this would not have been included if Five Guys was not actually coming.
The Keg has also broken ground at the corner Wright and Findlay

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxRetales View Post
The Keg has also broken ground at the corner Wright and Findlay
Thanks for the update, Arthur. Let's hope it will be a more enduring location than their previous Dartmouth foray on Portland Street. Is it clear yet where Five Guys is planning to locate?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 3:00 AM

Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Cineplex Announces First 'Playdium' Location in Atlantic Canada Coming Soon to Dartmouth

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2019...-crossing.html

New Entertainment Complex Features Interactive Games, Attractions and Fun Food Options

TORONTO, March 21, 2019 /CNW/ - (TSX: CGX) – Cineplex, one of Canada's leading entertainment and media companies, today announced plans to open Atlantic Canada's first Playdium location in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Designed for kids of all ages, the new entertainment complex will be a tech-infused, affordable place to play that offers classic and state-of-the-art games, unique interactive experiences like virtual reality, bowling and rope courses as well as a variety of fun and fresh food. Located at the Dartmouth Crossing Shopping Centre off of Wright Avenue and Countryview Drive, construction on the new Playdium location is scheduled to begin this fall and targeted to open in 2020.

"We are so excited to bring the Playdium experience to Atlantic Canada as we continue to introduce unique new experiences to Canadians and showcase our growing portfolio of entertainment options," said Ellis Jacob, President and CEO, Cineplex. "Leveraging our industry-leading expertise in entertainment, amusement gaming and food service, this newly announced Playdium location is sure to become the city's go-to destination for everyday play, casual dining and special occasions. While the complex is designed to appeal to teens, their friends and family, we know that kids of all ages are going to love it."

"Cineplex is one of Canada's largest and most innovative entertainment companies and we are thrilled to continue our relationship with them by bringing this first-of-its-kind attraction to Dartmouth Crossing," said Glenn Munro, Managing Partner, North American Development Group. "In addition to Cineplex Cinemas Dartmouth Crossing, Playdium will be another great reason for people to shop, dine and play in our community and will complement our offering of best-in-class attractions for visitors of all ages."

Spanning 30,000 square feet, approximately two-thirds of the complex will be dedicated to games and attractions for all skill levels, with the other third offering a range of fun food and beverage options, including chef-inspired burgers and sandwiches, pizzas, nachos, tacos and bowls and a selection of sweet treats. Designed to accommodate large groups, Playdium will be the perfect spot for parties, events and team building, with private rooms for birthday parties and special gatherings as well as lounges for adults and parents with views of the games floor.

Cineplex first announced the expansion of the Playdium concept in 2017, with locations opening in Whitby and Brampton, ON, later this year. Playdium complexes will leverage Cineplex's existing industry-leading entertainment, amusement gaming, food service, content creation, digital media and operational capabilities as well as its relationship with SCENE, Canada's largest entertainment rewards program. In the coming years, Cineplex plans to open 10-15 Playdium locations in communities across the country.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...815638358.html

http://ir.cineplex.com/investors/playdium

Last edited by q12; Mar 21, 2019 at 4:35 PM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 11:22 AM

I was at Dartmouth Crossing this weekend and it didn't look like much changed since last year which was disappointing. The Keg has their up and coming sign up, the hotel is still under construction (I believe it was in 2018 when I was last there) and a lot remains empty. It's probably already known but we were told that Sushi Nami will be moving into the old Woody's location.

But anyways, I'm actually posting to ask if anyone has updated news on the condo development they talked about above Costco (posts 561&563)? We're looking at moving to Halifax in a few years and this development is of interest to us but I can't find any information and am starting to doubt it will happen. It's hard to follow something when they have no website and no plan!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
I was at Dartmouth Crossing this weekend and it didn't look like much changed since last year which was disappointing. The Keg has their up and coming sign up, the hotel is still under construction (I believe it was in 2018 when I was last there) and a lot remains empty. It's probably already known but we were told that Sushi Nami will be moving into the old Woody's location.

But anyways, I'm actually posting to ask if anyone has updated news on the condo development they talked about above Costco (posts 561&563)? We're looking at moving to Halifax in a few years and this development is of interest to us but I can't find any information and am starting to doubt it will happen. It's hard to follow something when they have no website and no plan!
According to here, https://dartmouthcrossing.com/residential/ , it says construction to start sometime in 2020. You can reach out to them from here as well. If they respond please update us as well!

Last edited by hoser111; Apr 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 2:16 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post

It's slow going. The biggest changes have really only been to the Northern side of Wright Ave.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser111 View Post
According to here, https://dartmouthcrossing.com/residential/ , it says construction to start sometime in 2020. You can reach out to them from here as well. If they respond please update us as well!
Thank you, I have signed up and asked for an update. If I hear anything good I'll post it here.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 3:44 PM

It looks like Dartmouth Crossing is getting closer to having an all premium outlet area.

Under Armour and Columbia are opening in soon. Both are likely factory/outlet stores.

Last edited by q12; Oct 8, 2019 at 2:46 PM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 12:03 PM

East Side Mario's is opening next to the KEG.

Homesense is opening in the old Future Shop.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 2:11 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
East Side Mario's is opening next to the KEG.

Homesense is opening in the old Future Shop.
I'm quite happy to have an ESM back in Dartmouth. Not that going to Bayers Lake is that far but will cut down on the drive for sure.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
I'm quite happy to have an ESM back in Dartmouth. Not that going to Bayers Lake is that far but will cut down on the drive for sure.
This will make 3 East Side Marios again as they have the big one downtown which is ironically on top of the other KEG.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs