HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 8:21 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
It seems most of the people who like this building are not from Calgary.
Jamieson is a big step up from what currently exists in Calgary. There is one twin I like, but I'm not keen on the rest architecturally. The Bow will be fabulous of course. Eighth Avenue looks like it will be a good looking building as well.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 8:41 PM

This building jsut totally misses the mark because its facing the wrong way, now I understand that the designers were probably trying to make a statement towards the entrance, but the other side would have had the same effect as well. why did'nt the city look into this issue more seriously????

I for one was severely disappointed that it turned out this way.

It makes me sad to say that the should rebuild it in the other direction ( if it was ever possible) or just cover it up with city center, which seems waaay more likely.... sigh......

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govertical View Post
This building jsut totally misses the mark because its facing the wrong way, now I understand that the designers were probably trying to make a statement towards the entrance, but the other side would have had the same effect as well. why did'nt the city look into this issue more seriously????

I for one was severely disappointed that it turned out this way.

It makes me sad to say that the should rebuild it in the other direction ( if it was ever possible) or just cover it up with city center, which seems waaay more likely.... sigh......
It's tiered toward the centre of the the CBD like TransCanda.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 9:24 PM

Quote:
It's tiered toward the centre of the the CBD like TransCanda.
^ yes but still it creates a bi slab from the north, whereas this would be unnoticeable if reversed.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 7:35 PM

Last night I was on the corner of 4 ave and seventh and I could see blinking lights (LED's???) going up the side corner of the building, wish I could have gotten closer, but bus showed up. did anyone else see them???

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 8:24 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

A shot of the top of Jamieson I took yesterday:

Link

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 8:26 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Jamieson is a big step up from what currently exists in Calgary. There is one twin I like, but I'm not keen on the rest architecturally. The Bow will be fabulous of course. Eighth Avenue looks like it will be a good looking building as well.
I have to disagree, Jamieson is by far one of the weakest of the buildings that have gone up in this last cycle. I put all of the following miles ahead of it:

-The Bow
-EAP
-Centennial I & II
-Bankers Court
-Centrium
-Penn West I & II

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govertical View Post
Last night I was on the corner of 4 ave and seventh and I could see blinking lights (LED's???) going up the side corner of the building, wish I could have gotten closer, but bus showed up. did anyone else see them???
Nope, but I may have an excuse to go for a walk after dark tonight and take a look. I don't recall seeing anything over the last few days but I can't see Jamieson too well from my place if at all.

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 11:11 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I have to disagree, Jamieson is by far one of the weakest of the buildings that have gone up in this last cycle. I put all of the following miles ahead of it:

-The Bow
-EAP
-Centennial I & II
-Bankers Court
-Centrium
-Penn West I & II
To be fair, I said it was a big step up to what currently exists in Calgary. Check my post. Those buildings you listed are under construction. Neither are they representative of typical building stock in your city. Even out of that list, I only prefer Jamieson to all of them except the Bow and EAP.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2010, 7:42 PM

I would agree with that except for Pennwest plaza. I like Jamieson better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post

-The Bow
-EAP
-Centennial I & II
-Bankers Court
-Centrium
-Penn West I & II

Old Posted Jan 19, 2010, 8:40 PM

the top two sections on the very tip of the spires were on last night, saw it after the torch ceremony, the blue looks really neat from the river with the red of Roger's sign, and shell's yellow logo at night!

Blue again!!!!!! centrium is already blue!!!!!, does anyone know if the LED's can change color??? would be sooo cool if they did!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2010, 9:14 PM

Heres a shot I took last night of it:

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here

Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 8:06 PM
Editor

Jamieson Place tower in Calgary. They turned the lighting up on Friday. click on image for larger views.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive