HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 2:51 AM

Hmm - so they're still out of Pfizer?

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
No they restarted shipments. If anything they seem more likely to be short on Moderna since they had two weeks of only 49,000 doses. 4 million Moderna is showing up for this weeks allocation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ollout.html#a4

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
They do their best to match people up to what they had for their first dose, AZ excluded obviously.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered Friend View Post
Frankly it's surreal to see Canada Place used for this purpose, and hopefully it's never needed again.
The Canada Place operation is indeed like an assembly line once you are in. With shot number three, four, etc in the horizon, I don't see them ceasing their operations anytime soon.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
The Canada Place operation is indeed like an assembly line once you are in. With shot number three, four, etc in the horizon, I don't see them ceasing their operations anytime soon.

No plans for this according to health officials.

Immune reactions from the earliest vaccinated are remaining strong ~1 year in.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 5:17 PM
victory in near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered Friend View Post
They do their best to match people up to what they had for their first dose, AZ excluded obviously.
I had AZ first time around. Second time around, they put me in a sperate line up where I could only get Moderna

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post

No plans for this according to health officials.
Many European countries are talking about annual booster shots. Also Quebec is now providing the chance for a third shot if you happened to get Astra-Zeneca in the beginning. It's quite a mess this whole thing and will continue to be for years to come.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8058856/q...accine-travel/

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 11:30 PM

We got our Moderna hat-trick this week, and out of all of them, I think this one has knocked the stuffing out me the most, though it's only grogginess, general body aches, and a sore arm. Either way, it makes me glad we have avoided the actual active virus so far, though a couple of our friends, and most of our immediate family, haven't been so lucky.

For those curious, they're now pushing Moderna because it's a larger dose, and provides more protection as a result. On the day we went to Canada Place, they had anticipated 1,000 kids showing up for their second dose, but only a 100 came out. That said, apparently there were a lot bigger babies when the mandates were first announced, and I feel for these workers, considering the abuse that was directed at them.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 6:38 PM

Looks like Vancouver has to endure yet another Bridge & Tunnel Krazy Kanadian Konvoy today. Looking forward to all the tiny peen pickup drivers honking throughout the city.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 7:31 PM

Nice.

'Refrain from wearing scrubs': Vancouver healthcare workers warned ahead of convoy protest
By Sonia Aslam and Lisa Steacy
Posted Feb 4, 2022, 7:19PM PST.Last Updated Feb 4, 2022, 11:05PM PST.

Vancouver healthcare workers are being told to change out of their scrubs and hide their ID if they need to go outside Saturday, when a planned protest against COVID-19 vaccine mandates and restrictions is set to pass three hospitals.

Saturday’s protest will begin in Langley and end in downtown Vancouver. The route passes Mount Saint Joseph on Kingsway, Vancouver General on Broadway, and St. Paul’s on Burrard Street.

CityNews has obtained memos to staff from Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Healthcare (PHC) advising them that both private security and the Vancouver Police Department will be monitoring the situation....

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...est-hospitals/

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 9:14 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/8593962/n...linic-protest/

Protesters target New Westminster COVID-19 vaccine clinic

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Looks like Vancouver has to endure yet another Bridge & Tunnel Krazy Kanadian Konvoy today. Looking forward to all the tiny peen pickup drivers honking throughout the city.
they are backed into a corner and grasping at whatever they think they can do now, the unvaxxed are a very small minority considering over 80% vaccination rate. the scared act out rather than deal with reality.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Ouch. I don't agree with how any protest mushrooms into a catch-all gripe (hello Occupy Wall Street? Their statement of demands read like an SCTV script), but that's one heck of a broad brush set of stereotypes you're using there. Let's not devolve this into further reactive prejudices.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Ouch. I don't agree with how any protest mushrooms into a catch-all gripe (hello Occupy Wall Street? Their statement of demands read like an SCTV script), but that's one heck of a broad brush set of stereotypes you're using there. Let's not devolve this into further reactive prejudices.
Nope. We all know around 90% of these people were from outside Vancouver. They can go protest in their own communities.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Nope. We all know around 90% of these people were from outside Vancouver. They can go protest in their own communities.
Yeah right-wing Larry can honk at his neighbours in Chilliwack and leave us the fuck alone.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
JFC. People have freedom of expression in Canada but what kind of person would purposely bring a loud protest to patients and health care workers in hospitals?

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-heal...nvoy-1.5769041

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
JFC. People have freedom of expression in Canada but what kind of person would purposely bring a loud protest to patients and health care workers in hospitals?

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-heal...nvoy-1.5769041
It’s such a tone-deaf level of narcissism and stupidity.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
JFC. People have freedom of expression in Canada but what kind of person would purposely bring a loud protest to patients and health care workers in hospitals?[/url]
The husband of someone who works for a realty company.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion