HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 9:55 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
I actually lived out in that area at the time the missing link in the Perimeter was built. It was around the same time the Oak Bank corridor discussions first came up. Way back then HWY 15 was near capacity and a rather dangerous route to drive on. Since that time the traffic counts have only increased.

Sure there was plans to change the HWY 15 bridge over the floodway to add an extra east lane to take traffic from the Perimeter. The thing is they quickly determined that and extra lane for traffic from 101 to roughly 207 wasn't going to be sufficient and something more was needed.

As biff pointed out the location of the rail line and existing development along the current HWY 15 route make it cost prohibitive to twin in place. The road is necessary due to city planning decisions that go back over 50 years. Saying Winnipeg should put the sprawl genie back in the bottle is something that won't happen unless you invent time travel and go back and fix the issues before they start.

I'm not really concerned with your commute down a new 4 lane Hwy from OakBank tbh.

I'm concerned that another set of traffic lights will result from this pie In the Sky venture.

I wasn't also talking about the bridge over the floodway. I was talking about the perimeter itself. Again I don't care about anyone's commute. I care about the perimeter being free flowing.

Moving 15 north does what???? Well it's adds another set of lights. That's a win win for us .

Then we still have a cluster f*ck at the old 15 intersection. We have a railway blockage as well.

It would be prudent to just put some passing lanes on 15.
It would be prudent to finish the overpass for 15 and the rail line that was started and never finished.

Doing that will get make your commute a little safer and faster. And it will make the east perimeter free flowing.

As for GUNN. Screw it. Just have the west lane be able to have traffic enter or exit. This way no more crossing traffic and it will save lives.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan