HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #61  
Old Posted May 7, 2018, 2:35 AM
Spoiler's Avatar
Spoiler Spoiler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 536
A better idea would be to develop the southern parking lots of the AT&T center into high density mixed use, increasing the tax base and also creating a more vibrant post-game experience. This would be possible with effective mass transit. Maybe that will have happened by 2032.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #62  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:38 AM
Restless 1 Restless 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Maybe y'all's interpretation of that is "laughable." Mine is different: the Domain actually is on the edge of Austin's urban core and, over time, will be further integrated with that core as a distinct node of urbanity.

In rebuttal to your point about Stone Oak:

Stone Oak is ~17 miles from downtown driving down 281, with a substantial number of non-grid extremely low-density neighborhoods between the two locations.

The Domain is ~11 miles from downtown driving down MoPac, with a grid or semi-grid the entire way and multiple intensely/densely developed or developing neighborhoods and corridors between the two locations: Capitol Complex, West Campus, Midtown/Triangle, Highland, Burnet Rd. and N. Lamar Blvd.

A better comparison would be to say that the Domain is akin to the Medical Center, on the edge of the pre-1970s era street grid before suburban street patterns began to take hold, which allows it to integrate into a redeveloped urban fabric if/when the development pressure exists. San Antonio's development pressure isn't exerting itself in that direction from downtown, and is instead currently focused more singularly on downtown and midtown revitalization and redevelopment with a focus toward its favored quarter (Alamo Heights).

I don't understand why some San Antonians are so adamant about getting a soccer team just to stick it to Austin. We already have a major league sports team here, let Austin have theirs. And don't tell me that Austin is getting it in a backhanded way by stealing it from Columbus and so they don't deserve it when the Spurs were stolen from Dallas. Besides, this whole "city v. city" stuff is beyond grating. I tend to think of the region as a single unit of ~5 million people anchored by two major cities, just like Dallas and Fort Worth. Dallas doesn't have all of the sports teams for their region, and neither should San Antonio. Don't be bitter. Be happy that Austin is getting an MLS team for San Antonians to enjoy. Austinites were never bitter that San Antonio got an NBA team, as evidenced by the fact that the Austin market is dominated by the Spurs and Spurs fans. The development league team is even in Austin. Ergo, Austin getting an MLS team will be nothing but good for San Antonio in the long-run.


Ah jeez, we are about to get a reprimand from SKW, but I must say, if you think 11 miles from DT is urban core in Austin, you are not correct. The 281 corridor North of DT San Antonio is the most congested here for a reason, there is a continuous grid of residential/commercial development along that corridor. 35 North of DT is getting close, and don't even get me started on the traffic between Huebner and points South on I10. Your comment about "grids" might work if you're talking about South of DT, but not North. By your logic, I could claim that Schertz/Cibolo is part of San Antonio's "urban core" because of the density between DT and 3009.

Fact is, the Domain is North of Research Blvd, which is not close to Austin's "urban core". If Austin is smart, they'll keep it that way.

And I'm not a soccer fan, so I don't care if SA gets MLS or Austin does. I won't be attending anyway. And would you say the LA Dodgers are not LA's team because they started in Brooklyn? I wouldn't say the Ohio team isn't Austin's for the same reason. Teams move. If the community accepts them, then it is what it is. Good luck to the Austin MLS team.

Last edited by Restless 1; Jun 1, 2018 at 2:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #63  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:39 AM
Restless 1 Restless 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437
deleted
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #64  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:44 AM
wwmiv wwmiv is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago
Posts: 3,827
It isn't exactly appropriate to take a disagreement from one thread into another thread. Isn't that actually against forum rules?
__________________
Metropolitan Central Texas 2018: 5,672,404 (+19.98% over 2010):
San Antonio: 1,532,233 (+15.43%) + Metro Suburbs: 985,803 (+20.94%)
Austin: 964,254 (+22.00%) + Metro Suburbs: 1,204,062 (+30.04%)
Killeen/Temple Metro: 451,679 (+11.44%) + Waco Metro: 271,942 (+15.77%) + Bryan/College Station Metro: 262,431 (+14.77%)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #65  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:47 AM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
A better idea would be to develop the southern parking lots of the AT&T center into high density mixed use, increasing the tax base and also creating a more vibrant post-game experience. This would be possible with effective mass transit. Maybe that will have happened by 2032.
Take all the parking lots and make the ground level full of retail, levels 2-5 as parking, and levels above that as mixed use office/residential and/or the Spurs arena. In short, when you run out of room to build out, you build up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #66  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 2:50 AM
Restless 1 Restless 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437

Last edited by Restless 1; Jun 16, 2018 at 9:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #67  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 10:46 PM
Restless 1 Restless 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437

Last edited by Restless 1; Jun 16, 2018 at 9:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #68  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 11:43 PM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is online now
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
Interesting take on infill, or lack of, in San Antonio. I think most of us believe more New Urban mixed use development is needed in both the Urban Core proper, and inside Loop 410 in general.

Question is: Is there demand, and if so, is that demand being recognized?

https://therivardreport.com/without-...e-of-downtown/
You can put this in the urban development thread since it pertains to urban development discussion. Off topic thread is geared towards topics not dealing with development of any kind or something not alreading being discussed in a official thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #69  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 3:14 PM
JACKinBeantown's Avatar
JACKinBeantown JACKinBeantown is offline
JACKinBeantown
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 7,427
I appreciate the efforts of everyone who has contributed to the San Antonio diagrams page, but some of the heights listed are way off.

• The Marriott Rivercenter is clearly not taller than Weston.
• Frost Tower is 386 feet, not 366.
• Marriott Riverwalk is nowhere near 350 feet.
• Nix can't possibly be 323 feet (unless you count the flagpole, which clearly isn't structural).
• Old Frost Bank probably isn't 300 feet. (I think Kevin said it's more like 281.)
• Wurzbach Towers is listed as 300 feet on Emporis.

I'm not a moderator, so I can't so anything about it.

Rant over. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #70  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 3:55 PM
krondog krondog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Berlin / San Antonio
Posts: 28
The Scooter Problem.

Anyone else work downtown?

These scooters are great. They're fast as hell and look fun. But, let's be real - they're dangerous af. I nearly got clipped by this kid because he couldn't brake in time - hell, leaving lunch I saw a small kid almost got clipped and the guy driving the scooter almost hit a car to avoid her.. has anyone else seen the possible dangers with these things?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #71  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 8:36 PM
Runner Runner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by krondog View Post
The Scooter Problem.

Anyone else work downtown?

These scooters are great. They're fast as hell and look fun. But, let's be real - they're dangerous af. I nearly got clipped by this kid because he couldn't brake in time - hell, leaving lunch I saw a small kid almost got clipped and the guy driving the scooter almost hit a car to avoid her.. has anyone else seen the possible dangers with these things?
Quit being a Debbie downer! No matter what goes on in San Antonio somebody has to complain about it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #72  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2018, 9:28 PM
Spoiler's Avatar
Spoiler Spoiler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Quit being a Debbie downer! No matter what goes on in San Antonio somebody has to complain about it.
The irony of you complaining about complaining isn't lost on me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #73  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 5:42 PM
micahinsa micahinsa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 185
I've seen another "San Antonio is world class" claim on another thread, so I thought I'd offer up an alternative, more fact-based view than just someone's anecdotal feelings.

San Antonio is not a "world class city." It's not even close. And it's embarrassing that people living here would think that. Hell, we don't even stack up when compared to the other major cities in Texas, let alone the country. And I actually think it's really dangerous for people living here to perpetuate the idea that we're world class; there are some HUGE problems that we need to address that COULD make San Antonio a world-class city someday. But if you ignore them and say it already is, then what incentive is there to do so?

There is no objective measurement that you can come up with that would make San Antonio a world class city. Infrastructure, transportation, crime, air quality, education, walkability, economic segregation, inequality, environmental issues, etc etc. These are the metrics that matter when objectively determining whether a city is truly world-class or not. And we consistently do poorly on all of them.

1) Let's start with infrastructure. There are potholes everywhere. We have huge issues with runoff and a city policy that lets developers pay a fee (FILO) instead of capturing said runoff on site. We've got almost 2000 miles of streets that don't have sidewalks in this city. Let's not even talk about the traffic.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...et-6431734.php

https://therivardreport.com/report-s...nfrastructure/

https://therivardreport.com/council-...r-san-antonio/

2) And then there's public transportation. What world-class city doesn't have some kind of rail?! We have none. No subway, no metro, no light rail, nothing. And no PLANS for rail, either. We're in the bottom third IN THE COUNTRY for our public transport system. We're ranked in the 50s in the USA alone for people who use public transport (in fact, 80% of people in San Antonio drive to work ALONE), we can't even beat out Rochester and Syracuse, those well known world-class cities. And we're ranked the 28th most dangerous city for pedestrians, out of 104. In the world? Nope. Again, just in the USA. Oh and we've got one of the worst airports in the country, yay:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...sit-stacks-up/

https://therivardreport.com/census-d...to-work-alone/

https://therivardreport.com/tierraby...alities-occur/

http://sanantonio.culturemap.com/new...t-first-class/

https://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...r-12218809.php

3) What about crime? San Antonio is a safe place, right? I mean, world-class cities should at the very least be safe, right? HA! As recently as 2016, San Antonio was the WORST CITY IN THE COUNTRY FOR VIOLENT CRIME. And wow, we've made a slight improvement and crime has dropped a tiny bit, now we're only number 3! Whoo-hoo!

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s-12231174.php

https://woai.iheart.com/content/2018...arply-in-2018/

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/san-antonio/crime

4) How about air quality? Okay, public transportation sucks, we've got high crime, can we at least breathe the air?! Nah. San Antonio has some of the worst air in the country, and in fact we recently OFFICIALLY were told by the EPA that we don't even meet the minimum smog standard:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...-new-standard/

https://www.ksat.com/health/bexar-co...imits-epa-says


5) What about education? Come on, give me something, San Antonio? Nope. Out of the top 150 major cities in the US, we're ranked 107. We are in fact one of the least educated major cities in the country---forget the world. And we've got one of the highest high school dropout rates in the state:

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-and-l...d-cities/6656/

https://www.expressnews.com/news/edu...h-10596952.php

6) Oh and don't forget poverty! Yup, we're unique alright---somehow poverty is going UP in San Antonio even though it's going DOWN across the country! Yes, we're different! And our median income and distribution are both far worse than the national average, with

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/san-antonio-tx/

https://therivardreport.com/as-natio...ios-increases/

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...o-12221803.php

7) "Micah, give me something. The mayor keeps saying we're a world class city, it must be true. At least we've got a lot of equality in the city, right?" Yeah, no. San Antonio in fact is one of the least equal cities and most segregated cities in the country:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...ty-6922291.php

https://www.folomedia.org/economic-segregation-matter/

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/income_disparity

As for the environment, I already posted links for our *officially* awful air quality, our stormwater and impervious cover record, and we all know about the constant stress the aquifer is under with the current population alone, forget about when we add another million or so people.

***

Safety, transportation, education, crime, etc; THESE are the factors that determine whether a city is world-class or not. Have you ever seen us anywhere even near the official quality of life indices? Do you think that's just some... clerical error? No one who looks at cities objectively would think San Antonio is world class. No one. We're not even close to being one of the best cities in Texas. Let alone the country. And you want to tell me we're world class?!

Now, you can look at all the above and say "well, there are reasons why San Antonio is poor, has high crime, has bad education" etc etc. Well of course there are reasons. Nothing exists in a vacuum. There are a lot of socioeconomic and political factors that have let down the city and its residents. But now we've changed the conversation from "San Antonio is world class" to "we're not world class but it's not our fault" etc etc.

All of that being said, it's not like San Antonio is alone in failing in a lot of these categories. There are worse offenders, and in the areas we suck, there are lots of other cities that suck, too.

Every time I see San Antonio being mentioned as world class on this forum, the rationale given is usually something about the Riverwalk, a couple of hotels, the Missions, etc etc. I mean, first of all, pretty much every major city has landmarks that are interesting. And there are great hotels everywhere. But this entire argument is sending a different message: San Antonio is a great place to VISIT. And I'd agree on that. It's definitely an interesting place to get away to for a weekend. But that's not the same as it being a world-class city FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE.

The worst part about all of this is that it's exactly what the people who run this city want. They want you to think that we're living in a great city already, so that they have no pressure to fix these massive, crippling problems that we have with transport, education, inequality, and poverty.

So why do people insist that San Antonio is world class when they know it isn't? Well, no one wants to live in a dump. Everyone wants to have pride in where they live. But wouldn't you rather face up to why we are failing as a city, and fix it, so that maybe in 10 or 20 years we can say we're world class and actually back it up? Wouldn't that be better than pretending otherwise in perpetuity?

/end rant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #74  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 6:48 PM
sirkingwilliam's Avatar
sirkingwilliam sirkingwilliam is online now
Loving SA 365 days a year
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,709
Micah, you took a lot of time and effort to compile. I respect that. However, there are some things I personally take issue with. I should say I have no horse in the race of is SA world class. That’s subjective and will be a yes or no for so many people. My opinion is unimportant in this. However, the criteria you’ve come up with is sketchy. My two main problems with your criteria are crime and air quality.

Crime.

If crime were a component for how you achieve world class status, then Chicago would never be able to call itself world class. Neither would Los Angeked or Mexico City or many other places. Crime and world class stayed are not mutually exclusive.

Also, as stated in your links, the title of number one in the nation for violent crime is VERY misleading simply because it was only for the top 15 cities, not all cities. The second issue is more semantic than anything, but it was regarding serious crime, not violent crime. There’s a distinction, but it’s not that big an issue.


Air quality.

I’m not at all sure what air quality has to do with being a world class city. Los Angels, Mexico City, Singapore, Beijing, Mumbai, etc suffer from some of the worst air quality on the planet. Dallas and Houston have worst air and so much so if your vehicle is registered in those cities, you have to have get a vehicle emissions inspection yearly. Actually, San Antonio is the only large city in Texas that does not require a vehicle emissions inspection.


In my personal opinion, most of the things you wrote about, don’t matter when it comes to being precieved as world class. Not even remotely.

World class is more about your importance to the world on both an economic and cultural level. Those are the two measurements which determine how you’re precieved on the world stage.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #75  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 9:41 PM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
I've seen another "San Antonio is world class" claim on another thread, so I thought I'd offer up an alternative, more fact-based view than just someone's anecdotal feelings.

San Antonio is not a "world class city." It's not even close. And it's embarrassing that people living here would think that. Hell, we don't even stack up when compared to the other major cities in Texas, let alone the country. And I actually think it's really dangerous for people living here to perpetuate the idea that we're world class; there are some HUGE problems that we need to address that COULD make San Antonio a world-class city someday. But if you ignore them and say it already is, then what incentive is there to do so?

There is no objective measurement that you can come up with that would make San Antonio a world class city. Infrastructure, transportation, crime, air quality, education, walkability, economic segregation, inequality, environmental issues, etc etc. These are the metrics that matter when objectively determining whether a city is truly world-class or not. And we consistently do poorly on all of them.

1) Let's start with infrastructure. There are potholes everywhere. We have huge issues with runoff and a city policy that lets developers pay a fee (FILO) instead of capturing said runoff on site. We've got almost 2000 miles of streets that don't have sidewalks in this city. Let's not even talk about the traffic.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...et-6431734.php

https://therivardreport.com/report-s...nfrastructure/

https://therivardreport.com/council-...r-san-antonio/

2) And then there's public transportation. What world-class city doesn't have some kind of rail?! We have none. No subway, no metro, no light rail, nothing. And no PLANS for rail, either. We're in the bottom third IN THE COUNTRY for our public transport system. We're ranked in the 50s in the USA alone for people who use public transport (in fact, 80% of people in San Antonio drive to work ALONE), we can't even beat out Rochester and Syracuse, those well known world-class cities. And we're ranked the 28th most dangerous city for pedestrians, out of 104. In the world? Nope. Again, just in the USA. Oh and we've got one of the worst airports in the country, yay:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...sit-stacks-up/

https://therivardreport.com/census-d...to-work-alone/

https://therivardreport.com/tierraby...alities-occur/

http://sanantonio.culturemap.com/new...t-first-class/

https://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...r-12218809.php

3) What about crime? San Antonio is a safe place, right? I mean, world-class cities should at the very least be safe, right? HA! As recently as 2016, San Antonio was the WORST CITY IN THE COUNTRY FOR VIOLENT CRIME. And wow, we've made a slight improvement and crime has dropped a tiny bit, now we're only number 3! Whoo-hoo!

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s-12231174.php

https://woai.iheart.com/content/2018...arply-in-2018/

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/san-antonio/crime

4) How about air quality? Okay, public transportation sucks, we've got high crime, can we at least breathe the air?! Nah. San Antonio has some of the worst air in the country, and in fact we recently OFFICIALLY were told by the EPA that we don't even meet the minimum smog standard:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...-new-standard/

https://www.ksat.com/health/bexar-co...imits-epa-says


5) What about education? Come on, give me something, San Antonio? Nope. Out of the top 150 major cities in the US, we're ranked 107. We are in fact one of the least educated major cities in the country---forget the world. And we've got one of the highest high school dropout rates in the state:

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-and-l...d-cities/6656/

https://www.expressnews.com/news/edu...h-10596952.php

6) Oh and don't forget poverty! Yup, we're unique alright---somehow poverty is going UP in San Antonio even though it's going DOWN across the country! Yes, we're different! And our median income and distribution are both far worse than the national average, with

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/san-antonio-tx/

https://therivardreport.com/as-natio...ios-increases/

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...o-12221803.php

7) "Micah, give me something. The mayor keeps saying we're a world class city, it must be true. At least we've got a lot of equality in the city, right?" Yeah, no. San Antonio in fact is one of the least equal cities and most segregated cities in the country:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion...ty-6922291.php

https://www.folomedia.org/economic-segregation-matter/

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/income_disparity

As for the environment, I already posted links for our *officially* awful air quality, our stormwater and impervious cover record, and we all know about the constant stress the aquifer is under with the current population alone, forget about when we add another million or so people.

***

Safety, transportation, education, crime, etc; THESE are the factors that determine whether a city is world-class or not. Have you ever seen us anywhere even near the official quality of life indices? Do you think that's just some... clerical error? No one who looks at cities objectively would think San Antonio is world class. No one. We're not even close to being one of the best cities in Texas. Let alone the country. And you want to tell me we're world class?!

Now, you can look at all the above and say "well, there are reasons why San Antonio is poor, has high crime, has bad education" etc etc. Well of course there are reasons. Nothing exists in a vacuum. There are a lot of socioeconomic and political factors that have let down the city and its residents. But now we've changed the conversation from "San Antonio is world class" to "we're not world class but it's not our fault" etc etc.

All of that being said, it's not like San Antonio is alone in failing in a lot of these categories. There are worse offenders, and in the areas we suck, there are lots of other cities that suck, too.

Every time I see San Antonio being mentioned as world class on this forum, the rationale given is usually something about the Riverwalk, a couple of hotels, the Missions, etc etc. I mean, first of all, pretty much every major city has landmarks that are interesting. And there are great hotels everywhere. But this entire argument is sending a different message: San Antonio is a great place to VISIT. And I'd agree on that. It's definitely an interesting place to get away to for a weekend. But that's not the same as it being a world-class city FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE.

The worst part about all of this is that it's exactly what the people who run this city want. They want you to think that we're living in a great city already, so that they have no pressure to fix these massive, crippling problems that we have with transport, education, inequality, and poverty.

So why do people insist that San Antonio is world class when they know it isn't? Well, no one wants to live in a dump. Everyone wants to have pride in where they live. But wouldn't you rather face up to why we are failing as a city, and fix it, so that maybe in 10 or 20 years we can say we're world class and actually back it up? Wouldn't that be better than pretending otherwise in perpetuity?

/end rant.

Too funny!!
LOL
You are trying too hard.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION SAN ANTONIO IS A WORLD CLASS CITY
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #76  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2018, 10:32 PM
Runner Runner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
Why so much hate towards San Antonio ??? Could it be petty jealousy?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #77  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 12:21 AM
maxus's Avatar
maxus maxus is offline
SA 24th largest city
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san antonio
Posts: 174
MICAHINSA. Hitting the nail on the head. Fine points made. This is subjective topic, yes, but the facts are hard to ignore. The rest of you calling it "downer" or "jealous" are having a hard time being realistic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #78  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 1:48 AM
PDD's Avatar
PDD PDD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 53
If SA could improve infrastructure, education, and public transportation, I’d consider San Antonio to be “classier.” Micha here is right in several points that he made. There’s plenty of room to improve. San Antonio is not even in the top 3 best cities in its own state. Also, cost cutting projects like Grand Hyatt and Joske is pretty sad while Austin continues to be ambitious. And no, “just because Austinites have more money” is not a good enough excuse.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #79  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 2:50 AM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxus View Post
MICAHINSA. Hitting the nail on the head. Fine points made. This is subjective topic, yes, but the facts are hard to ignore. The rest of you calling it "downer" or "jealous" are having a hard time being realistic.
LOL
San Antonio is a unique, historical, world class city that doesn't even compare to Austin! Two different cities, SORRY!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #80  
Old Posted Aug 6, 2018, 2:53 AM
AwesomeSAView AwesomeSAView is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If SA could improve infrastructure, education, and public transportation, I’d consider San Antonio to be “classier.” Micha here is right in several points that he made. There’s plenty of room to improve. San Antonio is not even in the top 3 best cities in its own state. Also, cost cutting projects like Grand Hyatt and Joske is pretty sad while Austin continues to be ambitious. And no, “just because Austinites have more money” is not a good enough excuse.
Sorry, don't even bring Austin into this. San Antonio is the top city in TEXAS that tourists visit yearly.

Austin and San Antonio are two different cities. So do not even compare the two. SORRY!

San Antonio: A Unique, Historical, World Class City
IMO


And money has nothing to do with it. SORRY

Oh, and I hit a pot hole in Austin. Every city has them. LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.