HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2009, 1:52 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropolis View Post
Has anyone been in the new locks and dam? I'll go when I get home but was just wondering if anyone has. From the pics it looks like it could feel sorta like an oven in the heat of summer...w/ no shade and surrounded by concrete. I can easilly see the sun baking away and making tourist cakes in there while people wait for the water to fill...
i think you nailed it. sitting in that sun-drenched oven for 5 minutes while the lock does its thing to raise or lower the boat...

i think we will see a temporary shade structure there before too long. that would be a miserable, wind-less 5 minutes.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2009, 5:29 PM
again

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio