HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The One in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 8:52 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

JERSEY CITY | 110 First St | 375 FT | 35 FLOORS

This one has been U/C for some time-- thought it would be nice to watch it go up with the rest of JC! Also at SSP Database...

Jersey City groundbreaking for 110 First Street tower that will have 350 rental units
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
March 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM, updated March 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

© Copyright 2008 DeWitt Tishman Architects LLP.

Quote:
Jersey City officials cheered the groundbreaking of a long-awaited, 35-story residential tower to go up at the site of an historic warehouse.
Construction on the tower, at 110 First St., began weeks ago, but city officials appeared on First Street yesterday to don construction hats and toss dirt with shovels emblazoned with the proposed tower's street address.

"This is going to be a great place to live," said Richard Mack, CEO of Area Property Partners' North American business, a leading investor in the $180 million tower.

110 First St., set for completion by March 2015, will have more than 350 rental units and reach 375 feet, according to Lloyd Goldman, developer of the project. The building, which will also have 15,000 square feet of ground-floor retail space, was approved for over 450 units in early 2008.

The residential tower will sit on the site of an historic warehouse that Goldman demolished in 2004. The warehouse was one of two -- the other was across the street at 111 First St. -- at the center of a lawsuit between Goldman's New Gold Equities and the city that was settled in 2006.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Mar 31, 2014 at 10:03 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive