HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 9:46 PM

Town Center at La Cantera

La Cantera Development Co. has been rezoning properties to begin construction on the town center.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/dsddocume...April%2021.pdf

See page 22. Are they going to build this development in small phases to avoid bickering from Camp Bullis?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
La Cantera Development Co. has been rezoning properties to begin construction on the town center.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/dsddocume...April%2021.pdf

See page 22. Are they going to build this development in small phases to avoid bickering from Camp Bullis?
I think they would be more opposed to anything in the same quadrant as them, like anything new at the Rim or Fair Oaks Ranch. These docs are from April.
I think in May the City got credits for donating land to warbler habitat at Government Canyon, so now the only problem at Camp Bullis is lighting (for night missions) and % of coverage as "green" area for aquifer recharge purposes.

I would hope that they use compact infrastructure and less land-use for a more dense development there anyways (seeing as how they have to abide to the recharge zone standards.) It could actually be a halfway decent-looking project.... for being more sprawl. But I'd better not get my hopes up too high.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio