HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 5:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

[Moncton] Riverview Developments

This is another of the community (neighbourhood) specific threads for the Greater Moncton Area.

It was announced in the paper today that the proposed zoning changes for the Clayton Developments subdivision as part of the Moncton Golf and Country Club redevelopment has passed first and second readings at Riverview Town Council.

The development will include 149 single unit dwellings, 23 townhouse condominium clusters, 17 freehold townhouse bungalows and 234 units in multi-unit buildings. There will be five multi-unit buildings, each 4-5 stories tall.

There was only one objection to the development at the public hearing part of the rezoning process and this had to do with the multistorey apartment buildings. This single objection was not felt sufficient enough to prevent the rezoning process proceding as planned.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 1:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the land in question where rezoning is planned to allow for the Clayton Developments project.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 2:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the entire Clayton Developements project:

Quote:
Below is the updated plan for the residential community at the Moncton G&CC that is going to be built by Clayton Developments:

This plan has changed substantially from the initial proposal and no longer incorporates any courseside lots. I don't find this particularly inspiring but Clayton Developments does good work and this will be the first of a number of developments which will soon line Gunningsville Blvd and help to densify the eastern section of Riverview.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 2:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This shows the Municipal Development Plan as it pertains to East Riverview:

Quote:

The image above is from the 2012 Riverview municipal development plan. You can clearly see that the extension of Pinewood Road is to be realligned and will intersect the top end of Gunningsville Blvd. It will cross Gunningsville Blvd and then head north, crossing the (future) Bridgedale Blvd and finally joining with Wendell St.

This map is also kinda neat in that it clearly shows the future allignment of Bridgedale Blvd, where it will connect with Gunningsville Blvd and how it will lie behind the (future) Gunningsville School.

The municipal plan also explicitly states that there will be a commercial/retail node at the Gunningsville/Bridgedale Blvd intersection.

Red = commercial
Yellow = residential
Green = parkland/institutional

Old Posted May 14, 2012, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This shows the Municipal Development Plan as it pertains to East Riverview:
I'm very happy to see they actually plan to use the right of way that was acquired in the 70's to connect to Dieppe when they originally build the Wheeler Traffic Circle. In all of the Future Use Land Maps up until 2011, they never had a road planned for that right of way. I always kind of thought it was a waste it they didn't ever end up using it.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 8:03 PM

Has anyone heard further info in the Clayton Developments project in Riverview? Seems to have gone totally quiet. Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2012, 11:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

I have heard nothing new on Clayton Developments in Riverview. The zoning changes have been approved, so I presume that Clayton is just waiting until market conditions are right to proceed.

I doubt that we will see anything this year. Perhaps they will start next spring. It will be interesting to see if they begin with the subdivision or with the condo/apartment development on the other side of Gunningsville Blvd.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 7:39 PM

Clayton Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross@YVR View Post
Has anyone heard further info in the Clayton Developments project in Riverview? Seems to have gone totally quiet. Thanks!
I read an article recently that indicated Clayton Developments has had trouble aquiring a parcel of land that they need in order to access. The Town is looking at expropriating the land (because a town road will be constructed on siad land) so the development can proceed.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2012, 4:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current status of the new k-8 Gunningsville School in east Riverview.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 4:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Updated photo for one of the condo buildings under construction in The Villas at Brydon Brook, off of Gunningsville Blvd near Findlay Park.

The image is from their website.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 AM
Random Contributor

MLS has renders of the new Condos in Riverview just off Gunningsville Blvd., between Findlay Blvd., and Pine Glen Road.

The Villas at Brydon Brook are an exciting new project located off Gunningsville Blvd between Findlay Blvd and Pine Glen Road. Each Villa features 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with private garage.

Renders

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...Key=1868407571

Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 11:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Time for a Riverview update:

The new Kent in the old Sobeys location on Coverdale Road is almost ready. Opening day is about two weeks off.

Bella Casa II (and I) located at the main entrance to the Moncton G&CC off of Coverdale Road.

This is what Dr John McManaman has planned for Gunningsville Blvd, not too far from the Sobeys in Findlay Park. The professional centre will include yet another of his orthodontics clinics. I didn't know there were that many people in greater Moncton with bad teeth!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
MLS has renders of the new Condos in Riverview just off Gunningsville Blvd., between Findlay Blvd., and Pine Glen Road.

The Villas at Brydon Brook are an exciting new project located off Gunningsville Blvd between Findlay Blvd and Pine Glen Road. Each Villa features 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms with private garage.

Renders

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...Key=1868407571
Construction has started...

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 11:24 PM

Exterior work has been completed on the new strip mall next to Canadian Tire.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2012, 3:11 PM

Official groundbreaking for new Gunningsville school

Cathy LeBreton - Staff Aug 28, 2012 12:35:24 PM
More Sharing Services

RIVERVIEW, N.B. - The shovels are officially in the ground for the new K-8 school in east Riverview.

A number of dignitaries were on hand today for the official sod-turning ceremony on the new Gunningsville school, which is being built on an 11.6 hectare lot off the Old Coach Road.

Education Minister Jody Carr is pleased with the location of the new school, which was selected with a view to future municipal growth.

"That's how we've determined a lot of our school project locations in the Moncton area, based on criteria and environment, and working with partners."

Local MLA Wayne Steeves says the school will be a catalyst for development in the area.

"I think this will open up this area of Riverview, and people will want to live here because there's schools close by. I think it's really going to develop it."

The new $21.6-million facility is slated to open next fall.

It will replace both the Gunningsville and Lower Coverdale elementary schools, both of which were built in the 1950's.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 3:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Building permits YTD in the town of Riverview total $37.4M

This is a significant increase over last year at this point ($21.5M). The town is indeed growing quickly, especially the east end (Gunningsville area) and I;m sure a lot of this has to do with the long needed replacement of the Gunningsville Bridge.

A good chunk of the increase in building permit value this year may be related to the new Gunningsville School.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:29 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

It's nice to see some higher density development happening along the waterfront in Riverview.

With the new school, the Cordova stuff, and all of the residential going up in the area, I think we're poised to see Gunningsvill take off as the next big growth area in the city.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 12:47 PM

Wow the people on the end units of Bella Casa I must be pissed off by the construction of "II"...their view to the left out their windows has all but been obstructed by the new building (look at the shadow on the units on the far right of I). If it were me and I'd spent all that money on one of those units I'd be very upset.

JL

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 7:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Kent store in Riverview is now open for business.

Old Posted May 4, 2012, 12:10 AM

Pomerleau was low bidder at $17.75M for new Riverview School today. Another school that probably won't open in September 2013

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces