HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 20, 2005, 10:22 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

^ is that true? I mean, was it really tagged?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 1:40 AM
"The World is my Oyster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowinUp
I added Epic and The Parthenon Tower

Wow, Sacramento is really creating a nice little skyline! It's going to look awesome when it's all done.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 4:13 AM
Kodachrome

Yeah Marvel 33... once the ground is actually broken on
all these towers we will be doing back flips in the streets with joy.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 4:25 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflint
^Well, they wouldn't have to get tagged if you could just control yourself for once, urban encounter!

If tagging is the worst of my bad habits (public that is) in need of control, then I've made alot of progress.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 4:29 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel 33

Wow, Sacramento is really creating a nice little skyline! It's going to look awesome when it's all done.

A skyline 20 years overdue....

But if there is anything good to come of Sacramento's late bloom, it's the fact that there are alot of exciting and well designed towers on the way, (with the exception of Parthenon). Although admittedly the redesign has even grown on me as of late.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 5:20 AM
Kodachrome

Anybody notice how the rendering above has AURA and 621
on the wrong block... there is actually two block separating
that block from the Towers. I wonder why the AURA guys who
worked this up did that?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 3:45 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

Oh my God, you're right. Good eye, nerd!

My guess is either 1) They wanted to have it show up (as in 'not hidden') in this particular photo, or 2) They didn't get the memo that it's 2 blocks down. Somebody should let them know so they dont accidentally demolish 555.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 3:48 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

^ Of course, by "nerd", I mean "skyscraper nerd", which is what you are and is what all of us are, so therefore I say that with much affection!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2005, 8:09 PM
Kodachrome

^ Ha yeah, I've been one for a long time

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 5:25 AM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

I think this is funny -- I went into the Aura office today and the nice lady working in there asked me, "Hey, dont you make wine or something like that?" So then I'm thinking to myself, "Weird, man, she must be clairvoyant!" Turns out she frequents our little SSP.com boards but is not a registered user. I think she sits idly by and laughs at our posts as we wince and writhe in pain over the fact we have no clue what's going on with these projects. Of course I say all this with tongue-in-cheek as I expect her to be reading this.

My new friend told me this -- Both project WILL break ground by the end of the year. 621 will be pile-driving, but Aura is using a new method that employs a large auger of some sort that I guess kinda screws the pilons deep into the ground. This should be interesting, I thought -- I bet it's much quieter than pile-driving. Perhaps Construction Guy could shed a little light on this subject, hmmmm?

Here's some pics from today!

Last edited by GrowinUp; Nov 22, 2005 at 5:37 AM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 5:34 AM

At least something is going on, you have a guy with a jackhammer.
Travelled to 19 Countries on Six Continents

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 5:37 AM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

Whew, thanks Tuy!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 5:45 AM

You're welcome.

I thought maybe what you wrote first may have been true, but I didn't think you would want to tell everyone.
Travelled to 19 Countries on Six Continents

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 9:25 AM
Highrise

^
makes you wonder if some other prominent developers or people in the know cruise the forum and read the "skyscaper gossip" lol, and who knows maybe one of the forumers is actually in the know and gives us what we need to know, interesting thought to ponder, hmmmmmmm?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 2:19 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
I think this is funny -- I went into the Aura office today and the nice lady working in there asked me, "Hey, dont you make wine or something like that?" So then I'm thinking to myself, "Weird, man, she must be clairvoyant!" Turns out she frequents our little SSP.com boards but is not a registered user. I think she sits idly by and laughs at our posts as we wince and writhe in pain over the fact we have no clue what's going on with these projects. Of course I say all this with tongue-in-cheek as I expect her to be reading this.

LOL, that's great to hear GrowinUp. Talk about a lady well connected with the community.

BTW your probably right about the fact that she most likely gets a kick out of our less that expert commentary, about the various projects.

Quote:
My new friend told me this -- Both project WILL break ground by the end of the year. 621 will be pile-driving, but Aura is using a new method that employs a large auger of some sort that I guess kinda screws the pilons deep into the ground. This should be interesting, I thought -- I bet it's much quieter than pile-driving.

Well I figured Aura would start construction even before taking any hard cash for their units. Nassi has already secured his financing, which (though I'm guessing here) might have had something to do with the overwhelming response to the Towers sales event. Proven or unproven, Banks are savy enough to know when something new is worth the risk Apparently they feel he's a proven developer and that the community is ready for these kinds of projects.

As far as 621, (Call me Majin), but I'll believe it's ready for construction when I see it. I know they've been doing a lot of site prep (or utilities work on site). But we've heard plenty of false start dates enough to make even the most optimistic person a tad cynical.

Interesting bit of information regarding the use of the auguer for drilling the piles. Is anyone awre of any other highrise in Sacramento that has used that method before?

Thanks for all the updates and pics.

Last edited by urban_encounter; Nov 23, 2005 at 2:17 AM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 4:29 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

Well, my info on this mystery auger thingy is real sketchy. I'm thinking my new lady friend will read this, feel real sorry for me for botching all my information up, do a real quick and easy registration, then come on the boards and staighten us all out!

She confirmed that all the digging in the streets we've seen lately are for the utilities and as far as not starting by years end... well, I kinda made a fuss over all the "by years end" talk and all the naysaying, but she seemed pretty adamant that they will start by then. What's more, they will start approximately the same time too!

Also, the model home will be ready witin a couple of weeks. Perhaps we can go in and get some more pictures.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2005, 11:49 PM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennywah
^
makes you wonder if some other prominent developers or people in the know cruise the forum and read the "skyscaper gossip" lol
You bet.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2005, 3:47 AM

I can't wait till Jan 1st and you guys still see cars still parked in Lot A....then you will all turn to the Majin side. I wonder what these PR people will say then... either "construction will start in two weeks" or "by the start of summer". Whatever, I'll know its bull before it even comes out their mouth.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2005, 9:46 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin
I can't wait till Jan 1st and you guys still see cars still parked in Lot A....then you will all turn to the Majin side. I wonder what these PR people will say then... either "construction will start in two weeks" or "by the start of summer". Whatever, I'll know its bull before it even comes out their mouth.

Well it can be argued that construction has already started since they have been out there now laying utility services for both buildings.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2005, 11:25 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

^ that's true

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive