HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 2:01 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
There is an article in the Rivard Report today that this project was given the go ahead to begin construction.
That's for the HDRC meeting. I believe the city council still has to approve it. Isn't that right?

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That's for the HDRC meeting. I believe the city council still has to approve it. Isn't that right?
I don't believe so. Once you get your Certificate of Appropriateness from the HDRC, you can apply for your building permit. Now, you can always APPEAL the HDRC decision, but (and fortunately I have never had to) I can't remember if it is to the Board of Adjustments, City Manager, or Council.

That said, the application was for CONCEPTUAL approval, not the final, so the team will still need to return to HDRC for another review.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 7:41 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
I don't believe so. Once you get your Certificate of Appropriateness from the HDRC, you can apply for your building permit. Now, you can always APPEAL the HDRC decision, but (and fortunately I have never had to) I can't remember if it is to the Board of Adjustments, City Manager, or Council.

That said, the application was for CONCEPTUAL approval, not the final, so the team will still need to return to HDRC for another review.
City manager has final say, not council.

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 1:16 PM
Meh

So it's likely that we'll still see some building elevations then. That's good news. That first document seemed a little preliminary by only showing some renderings and giving a general overview of it, but fewer details on the technical side of it.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
So it's likely that we'll still see some building elevations then. That's good news. That first document seemed a little preliminary by only showing some renderings and giving a general overview of it, but fewer details on the technical side of it.
Yes, on a project like this they will typically request conceptual design approval before spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on more detailed structural and MEP plans.

Final HDRC approval will require full plans sufficient for a building permit.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 9:20 PM

SA Express News- 11/27/19

Jefferson Bank’s new headquarters

Jefferson Bank is planning to build a 12-story tower downtown to house its headquarters. Executives bought 1.7 acres at Broadway and East Grayson last year, kitty-corner to the Credit Human complex.

The land has already been cleared and the bank plans to break ground in the first half of 2020, spokeswoman Lindsay Armstrong said.

Jefferson Bank will continue using its current headquarters on the North Side as a banking center, but executives and lenders will start moving downtown in April 2022, she said.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 1:39 AM

There is an article on the SA Heron website: www.saheron.com about the Jefferson Headquarters building. Article states building maybe as tall as 15 stories.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 3:27 AM
James

That means it could become over 200ft. Woot!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 6:52 PM

I don’t think it’s getting taller, but we should see new renderings this week showing full block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
That means it could become over 200ft. Woot!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 8:50 PM
James

The PDF from the meeting this coming Wednesday states it will be 175ft. It says 275... but this document starts at 100ft as well. Not sure why.

Also, looks like "Still Golden" will have to move. Again.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 9:24 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

That's really too bad, the neighborhood is more interesting with it there. Oh well I guess.

Love that they've apparently turned the Valero into a vibrant and beautiful pedestrian plaza... these dishonest architectural renderings are really out of control sometimes, it's become pet peeve of mine.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 10:03 PM
Meh

Quote:
The PDF from the meeting this coming Wednesday states it will be 175ft. It says 275... but this document starts at 100ft as well. Not sure why.

The actual height is a little taller than that. If you look on page 53 of the PDF for the Grayson Street elevation, the building drops down another 3 feet 1 inch below the 100 foot baseline number. So, you have to subtract the 3 feet 1 inch from 100 feet, which gives you 96 feet 11 inches. That is the number you subtract from the 275 feet 3 inches, giving you a height of 178 feet 4 inches. It also looks like it'll have 13 floors including the terrace level.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 4:28 AM

Quote:

100 ft is a common baseline for elevations if you aren't using the actual sea-level elevation (664'-9").

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 5:43 AM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
100 ft is a common baseline for elevations if you aren't using the actual sea-level elevation (664'-9").
Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Glad someone updated this headline for us.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 7:00 PM

The roof is my favorite part, not really a fan of the lower level much but I guess it will be okay

By the way, regarding Still Golden, I've seen some social media posts by Jaret Pena indicating that he wasn't a big fan of the building his bar was in and also made some hints that he expects to reopen in a space in the new building when it's built.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 11:34 PM

I see new meets old in this. The stone grand entrance & arches along with the glass tower. Really cool. Something The SATX should strive for.... new meets old.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 12:54 AM

I would say that new meets old has been a defining aesthetic of San Antonio for over a hundred years. Another defining aesthetic, since the mid-80s at least, has been "Hill Country Tuscan", which is fine because the rough limestone complements the rustic style. But this is something closer to "Hill Country Romanesque" which I think looks inauthentic and cheesy, at least in the renderings. But I bet the finished product will look better and function well, so no big deal.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 6:20 PM

I would say that SA has been beige meets old, which some of that isnt bad, but I'm talking glass, modern, Frost like meets old! That's what I'd like to see, & I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 1:16 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
The roof is my favorite part...
Designed to match Human Credit, the name which conjures up all sorts of 1960s/70s dystopian sci-fis.

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Designed to match Human Credit, the name which conjures up all sorts of 1960s/70s dystopian sci-fis.
Not to harsh your dystopia, but the name of the place is Credit Human. That may be worse though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio