HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 3:34 PM

Google Maps just updated street view. You can see the building completely gone (can't tell the period of time this because of the significant delays this project has undergone since the start of construction in Feb of 2017.

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:33 PM

Time-lapse construction cam like Frost. Does that look like the base of a crane going in at bottom left?

https://app.oxblue.com/open/sundt/hiltoncanopy

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 8:41 PM
JACKinBeantown

I LOVE that there's a webcam. But the people at OxBlue really need to learn to set up the camera to encompass the space of the entire building in the first place. That way you'd end up with one smooth, uninterrupted timelapse.

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeger View Post
Time-lapse construction cam like Frost. Does that look like the base of a crane going in at bottom left?
No, that's the apparatus used for load testing the auger cast piles. Tower crane goes up in July

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
No, that's the apparatus used for load testing the auger cast piles. Tower crane goes up in July
Thank you

Old Posted Jun 15, 2018, 12:44 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeger View Post

https://app.oxblue.com/open/sundt/hiltoncanopy
I'd like to propose that when somebody finds a webcam for a project, it be added to the first post. It will be helpful, especially as more pages are added to this thread (and the same with other buildings' threads).

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
I LOVE that there's a webcam. But the people at OxBlue really need to learn to set up the camera to encompass the space of the entire building in the first place. That way you'd end up with one smooth, uninterrupted timelapse.
If it was far enough away to see the top, you wouldn’t be able to see the bottom several floors because of other buildings.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 1:06 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txdev View Post
If it was far enough away to see the top, you wouldn’t be able to see the bottom several floors because of other buildings.
In this case that's probably absolutely right. But they didn't the camera right the first time with Frost, then they did when they reset the cameras wider. They do it often on construction sites all over the place. I wish they'd learn from all the practice they've had and start getting it right the first time. It would make for nicer, uninterrupted timelapse videos.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
In this case that's probably absolutely right. But they didn't the camera right the first time with Frost, then they did when they reset the cameras wider. They do it often on construction sites all over the place. I wish they'd learn from all the practice they've had and start getting it right the first time. It would make for nicer, uninterrupted timelapse videos.
yea these places need to ask me for advise
Best view of this construction will be from the Nix Hospital or the Original Frost Bank.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 6:00 PM

This project is so confusing. I feel as if they are slowly giving up as each day passes

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 11:57 AM

Drill rig removal

The drill rig for foundation piers is coming out this weekend. Then pouring the slab and then installing tower crane over the next 6 weeks.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
The drill rig for foundation piers is coming out this weekend. Then pouring the slab and then installing tower crane over the next 6 weeks.
How might you know this information?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
How might you know this information?
Drill rig info is in the paper.

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loca...photo-15513917

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Um. Yeah. That happened already. We all saw it. The rest is conjecture. Please post what is known and use sources.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Um. Yeah. That happened already. We all saw it. The rest is conjecture. Please post what is known and use sources.
Putting it in the hole already happened. Taking it out is this weekend .

Sourced from project team.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2018, 7:55 PM

A very good source tells me that the entire construction schedule revolves around confusing Fryguy

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 12:25 AM
JACKinBeantown

^^ I'd like to discuss that rationale with the project manager.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 7:29 AM
Meh

Quote:
That makes sense. The link to the article you posted said a street closure would be going on for North St. Mary's Street, Crockett and Dolorosa streets from 4:30 a.m. until 6 p.m., and all of those streets are near this building. It sounds to me like they're planning a mat foundation pour. That makes sense with the river being so close to the site. A mat foundation makes it possible to not need to dig or drill as deep, and that would help avoid water issues. That means a whole lotta concrete trucks supplying concrete to the pumper trucks. It's not uncommon to have a thousand or more concrete trucks bringing concrete to the site one after the other.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That makes sense. The link to the article you posted said a street closure would be going on for North St. Mary's Street, Crockett and Dolorosa streets from 4:30 a.m. until 6 p.m., and all of those streets are near this building. It sounds to me like they're planning a mat foundation pour. That makes sense with the river being so close to the site. A mat foundation makes it possible to not need to dig or drill as deep, and that would help avoid water issues. That means a whole lotta concrete trucks supplying concrete to the pumper trucks. It's not uncommon to have a thousand or more concrete trucks bringing concrete to the site one after the other.

Again, this part of the work was already done. They used a hydraulic hammer pile driver. The article is old and states nothing about a "6 week period". There is wood at the site, which often means (note I am not using definitive dialogue to indicate absolute knowledge) they are getting ready to set up a crane. Who knows. I see less and less workers each day. This might be a project that takes three years. Reminds me of this site in Austin where the building is only now finishing and it started 5 years ago. They left a hole in the ground for years. It was also a few projects before it become what it is today.

Edit: I was referring to Hotel Zaza & Apartments in downtown Austin, Texas.

Last edited by Fryguy; Jul 1, 2018 at 8:34 AM.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2018, 8:55 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Fry, I’m not sure why you’re being so hostile. He (Txdev) already said his info was sourced from the project team. Also, how is an article from June 29th, Friday, an old article?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio