HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 9:33 PM
Pragmatism at its finest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denconyny View Post
Official plans for Denver's new would-be supertall at City and County of Denver Buildings Department by Davis Partnership:

https://media.bizj.us/view/img/10796...ept-021418.pdf

Interesting... on page 18, it shows that even with the reduction in floors from 90 to 81, it's still on track to be 1,000 feet. Loving this!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 5:57 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Raymond View Post
Interesting... on page 18, it shows that even with the reduction in floors from 90 to 81, it's still on track to be 1,000 feet. Loving this!
I totally agree. Although I believe the initial 90 floor prejection wasn't solid but rather a generalization as no exact figures were mentioned. Having seen the blueprints it all makes sense though. Not only will Denver also be joining the ranks of the 1,000 foot club, but this also shows that Denver is growing up, urbnizing quite nicely and getting a project it deserves. It's definietly a very modern tower. A high quality verson of something you would see here in East Asia both in structure and in design.

Sidenote: Appears the 81st floor (the highest occupiable floor) will stand at 933 feet.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Feb 26, 2018 at 3:13 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 7:33 PM

3D Video of Building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloqw7_wWck&t=41s

This isn't the greatest video ever, but it definitely simulates how the building would look in the skyline from many different angles. The music I don't particularly care for though.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 6:17 AM

Beautiful tower! We'd take one of those in Minneapolis if possible!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 6:52 AM

I was born in Pittsburgh and have a lot of family there. Denver had a disadvantage during the 1980's boom with height restrictions due to Stapleton Airport. Nothing against Pittsburgh, but Denver's is breaking out of the stalemate both of these cities had with skylines for the past 35 years if this goes up.

Last edited by BoredinDenver; Feb 26, 2018 at 7:11 AM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 3:10 PM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
Beautiful tower! We'd take one of those in Minneapolis if possible!
Yeah no doubt! MSP has been royally shafted for decades and is long overdue! With cities around the the world and especially the US growing up fast, MSP is stuck back in the 13th century. Within just five years alone multiple cities in the US will have attained a building of at least 1,000 feet and Minneapolis is definitely not one of them. Who knows, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'd be happy with anything over 800 feet there at this point.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 5:58 AM

The Duval proposal about 2 years ago gave us a little hope....(900'), anyway, that's life!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 3:10 PM

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 4:48 PM
Ω

Design needs a little refining but this is still really exciting.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 5:57 PM

Doesn't sound good.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Doesn't sound good.
I agree. The word "misunderstanding" about ownership of the land couldn't be good. The article never stated that the project is dead however. So the glass is half full I guess.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 9:20 PM
Never Dell

Could be a negotiation ploy.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Could be a negotiation ploy.
I don't think the New York based developer Ursini has yet to play all of his cards. From the Colorado Real Estate Journal I posted in this thread on November 4th of last year: “Making a reporter happy is not at the top of my list,” - Ursini

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 6:15 AM

1,000-foot skyscraper deal dead

Quote:
The deal for an 81-story, 1,000-foot skyscraper proposed to be developed in the heart of downtown Denver is dead, the owner of the land said Thursday afternoon.

Buzz Geller, whose Paradise Land Co. is the owner of the 25,047-square-foot parcel at 1650 17th St., said he has put the land back on the market for $17.5 million.

That is a bit more than New York-based Greenwich Realty Capital had agreed to pay for the parcel, Geller said. A non-disclosure agreement prohibits him from publicly discussing the sales price of the previous deal.

“I’m already looking at three offers,” Geller said. “I’m meeting with another guy in seven minutes who wants to put a hotel on the site.”

One of the prospective buyers is from Chicago, one of them “isn’t from Chicago,” and he isn’t sure where the other is from.He described the plans for a 1,000-foot tower, which would be by far the largest building in the city, as a “pipe dream.” He said he is sure that the ultimate buyer will develop something much smaller on the property. The zoning, however, would allow a 1,000-foot tower on the site.

Michael Ursini, a managing principal of Greenwich Realty Capital, said he doesn’t think the deal for the skyscraper is dead and he expects to still move forward on it. Greenwich’s website calls it Sixfifty17. Last month, Denver-based Davis Partnership Architects and Crown Architecture and Consulting submitted a preliminary site plan development for the proposed 1.1 million-sf building to Denver Community Planning and Development.

He described the plans for a mixed-use development with a hotel, retail and condos as a $540 million building.

“That’s new information to me,” when I told him that Geller said, as far as he was concerned, the deal was dead.

I asked Ursini if the deal does collapse and Geller sells the land to someone else whether he would plan to develop another skyscraper someplace else in downtown? “Of course,” Ursini said. “I love Denver.”

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 12:40 PM
The Believer

That sucks

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 4:27 PM
DENNAB

I thought we knew this already...

Oh well, seems like Denver has the potential to boom in the future. Hopefully something new arises soon enough

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive