Developers : CIM Group / Harry Macklowe

Dion Hinchcliffe

_Y2A9766 by Josh Churba, on Flickr

_Y2A9802 by Josh Churba, on Flickr

techpro12

javansg

Gregory

liqing xu

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 4:25 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 4:47 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 28, 2016, 12:11 PM
don't *meddle*...

The thread title is still wrong. 1,396ft ~ 426m.

Other than that, it has been a great ride watching this behemoth rise!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 2:25 AM
New Yorker for life

http://therealdeal.com/issues_articl...park-avenue-2/

Raphael Viñoly: The pragmatist of Park Avenue
The world-renowned architect talks to TRD about designing for the 1 percent and the industry’s ‘artist’ complex

June 01, 2016
By James Gardner

Quote:
...When I asked Viñoly whether he had a favorite among his buildings, he cited a few from the above list, but the conversation quickly turned to 432 Park.

“Yes, it’s tall, and yes, it’s controversial. But wait until some of the others come on line [on 57th Street], and then you tell me. This is a discreet, restrained, simple, totally intelligent building,” he said.

“It has a quality of timelessness. Sometimes you just hit it right. And people notice it: not because it’s very tall, but because it’s good,” he added with a laugh.

He also noted that the building has a “logical structure that architects of late have forgotten or abandoned.”

That, he said, gives it a clear floor plan that allows owners to design their units however they wish. “Some of the new towers, some of them taller than this, are just forests of columns in their interior spaces,” Viñoly said.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 1:02 PM
The Vomit Bag.

cool shots. Crazy hanging off the side of the building.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 2:51 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-high-altitude

Quote:
.....Howard Lorber is a 67-year-old New Yorker, balding, gregarious, instantly likable. He stood at his 52nd-floor office window, which looks out over — or, I suppose, under — his future home. His apartment will be on the 67th floor, he told me, 850 feet above the ground.

“I point it out to everyone who comes in here,” he said.

I mentioned my calculation that only a few dozen people currently live above 800 feet in the city. Lorber, who works in real estate, did his own calculation and said, “Once 432 Park is filled, there’ll be 40 more.”

.....From time to time during our conversation, he lapsed into a kind of marketing autopilot: “432 Park is an unbelievably striking building, it’s like a masterpiece, it has to be the most talked-about and revered building in New York City. ... ” But I didn’t mind the spiel because — given his expertise — he provided insightful answers to my lingering questions about the supertall boom.

“How come Trump World Tower is so much less expensive than 432 Park?” I asked.

“By New York standards it’s already an older building,” he said. “First Avenue in the 40s doesn’t command the same price as Park Avenue in the 50s. It just doesn’t. Everyone wants to live in the middle, as opposed to the ends. I guess Central Park is the equivalent of living on the water in the Hamptons. Then there are the ceiling heights, the amenities. ... ” (432 Park will have a restaurant, a fitness center and several floors of studios that the owners of the larger apartments can purchase as offices or for staff accommodation. When I walked into Lorber’s office, he was complaining to one of his associates about the price of these studios. “Seven hundred feet for $3 million, to house your staff?” he was saying. “I don’t think it’s such a good idea.” Still, he has reserved one for himself.)

.....I asked him about all the emptiness up there. Will those apartments purchased as investments by foreign billionaires really remain forever vacant?

“It depends on the people,” he replied. “Some foreigners just want to get their money out of the countries they’re in. They may or may not rent them, but it’s not about making money. It’s more a matter of wanting stability, to be in a safe haven, which they believe New York City is. Look around the world. Look at all the turmoil. Argentina’s bankrupt, Brazil’s in trouble. In China the prices probably went down 20 to 30 percent last year.” But this, he added, was more an issue for One57 than for 432 Park. “One57 is geared more to foreigners; 432 Park is mostly domestic.”

“How come?” I asked.

“It ended up that way,” he said. “One57 has a hotel in it. 432 Park doesn’t. I think the foreigners like the idea of having a hotel. The locals like the privacy and the security of not having a hotel. And also, in fairness, One57 was on the market first. So they had the first shot at those people.”

Larger view...
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016...superJumbo.jpg

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 2:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 4:55 PM

I guessing that dude sneaked up there. Can't imagine them risking some dude getting killed.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 6:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
I guessing that dude sneaked up there. Can't imagine them risking some dude getting killed.

He did. He got arrested last month for trying to climb the Seagram Building.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/13/man-tak...ic-skyscraper/

Old Posted Jul 14, 2016, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
cool shots. Crazy hanging off the side of the building.
Yeah, he did. He was too crazy. I can't stand with him! Get him off the building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Yeah, he did. How did he get on the top? Yes, he could get killed. That's a problem.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2016, 3:35 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 7:45 PM

^^^

Haha, "stupidity" is right. All it takes is a sudden change in the gust of wind and your existence is finito!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 9:53 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Those guys live for that kind of danger, but you couldn't pay me to do it.

http://vk.com/pavel_gogulan?z=albums73235636

Clay Hensley

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 7, 2016 at 10:07 PM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 2:31 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 12:44 AM

From deep in the Lower East Side

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 3:14 AM

But it's still not completed no? Isn't there still orange netting present?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 3:26 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
But it's still not completed no? Isn't there still orange netting present?
Still work going on at the ground level.

The doom of Central Park was predicted in the NIMBY scrolls...

China Chas

javansg

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 12, 2016 at 3:41 AM.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2016, 5:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jun 18, 2016, 3:06 AM
New Yorker for life

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture