HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
Saw this little project on St Mary's when I was browsing RedFin earlier, hadn't seen it posted here before so I thought I'd share:

https://www.redfin.com/TX/San-Antoni.../home/48721729

Pretty minor, looks like they're remodeling it into condos and adding a floor to the current little two story building, but it'll jazz up that stretch of that corner of the river a little.
From the website it looks like one whole condo....listed for 3.1 mil. It's nice to look at but I don't see how it adds to that area of the river walk. But that's just me.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venshard View Post
From the website it looks like one whole condo....listed for 3.1 mil. It's nice to look at but I don't see how it adds to that area of the river walk. But that's just me.
It has multiple condos this listing is for the penthouse only.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 1:31 PM

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 1:45 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
That'll end up being a one story venture with just retail OR a pretty tall building (10-15). I can't imagine them building anything in the middle here; the lot is so small, so it wouldn't be cost effective. I think the latter is much more likely. So, yep, it is exciting!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 2:44 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

more info from Mr. Webner

Weston Urban buys 21-story historic Milam building
By Richard Webner, Staff Writer
San Antonio Express News
March 17, 2016 Updated: March 17, 2016 9:59pm
http://www.expressnews.com/real-esta...ng-6909347.php

Quote:
High-profile local developer Weston Urban has bought the historic 21-story Milam Building with plans to renovate it with some new apartments, adding to a surge of recent developments downtown.

The purchase builds on Weston’s already-strong presence on the northwest side of downtown, where it renovated the 100-year-old Rand Building in 2013 into a tech hub that hosts Geekdom’s headquarters and Rackspace’s Open Cloud Academy.
Things are certainly happening fast, makes you wonder what else is around the corner.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireoutofclay View Post
Nice! I'd like to see them move some of their tenants over to the new Frost Tower.
There is no way the Milam tenants would be able to pay the Frost rates...

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
I can't read the article due to paywall. Is it mentioned in the article if Silver Ventures already owns the property across the vestigial stump of Ave A from the motel? I think they do.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless 1 View Post
Finally getting lit up on March 31. Looks like it will be really cool.

http://therivardreport.com/kinetic-s...america-plaza/
I saw the plaza lit up last night with blue and green and it was actually beautiful! I take back the negative things I said about SA resorting to light installations instead of new projects.
I'll try to take a picture tonight.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 12:44 AM

Another win for southern downtown - 338 units at 300 South Flores. That block has a few smaller buildings, but is mostly parking lot. That HEB is going to get busier!

Quote:
Commissioners Court showed high interest Tuesday in a Dallas developer’s plans for a $60 million, mixed-use development just two blocks south of the downtown courthouse complex.

Read more: http://www.expressnews.com/real-esta...st-6968768.php

Last edited by WorldTexas; Mar 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venshard View Post
I saw the plaza lit up last night with blue and green and it was actually beautiful! I take back the negative things I said about SA resorting to light installations instead of new projects.
I'll try to take a picture tonight.

Oh yes!! I just saw the light installation on the BOA building from the rooftop terrace of my residential building. It looks awesome, and makes a dramatic "night" improvement on our skyline! Hope other buildings follow suit with some lighting of their own!!!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 6:17 AM

I noticed they fenced the old convention center off already. I believe demo has begun. I had to get this shot to show how big the convention center is when the old meets the new.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 1:50 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTexas View Post
Another win for southern downtown - 338 units at 300 South Flores. That block has a few smaller buildings, but is mostly parking lot. That HEB is going to get busier!

Righteous. Another parking lot bites the dust!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 5:55 AM

Alamodome construction has begun. The Fountain is gone.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post

Alamodome construction has begun. The Fountain is gone.
That was a fountain???

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTexas View Post

Also, the owner of the block just east of this where there is currently an office building is planning to redevelop the site for multifamily. Who knows if it happens, but that's what the owner has been telling people he's doing.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 3:00 AM

http://tpr.org/post/dramatic-san-ant...rsday#stream/0

Very cool pics of the BOA building's new kinetic light art

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 11:56 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Owners of the Double-A San Antonio Missions baseball club are expected to announce at a City Council meeting next week that they’re working toward bringing a Triple-A club to the Alamo City.

The proposal would include a new stadium downtown, which would likely be largely publicly financed. Officials from the Elmore Sports Group, which owns the Missions, are scheduled to meet with Mayor Ivy Taylor next week prior to the announcement.

“I can confirm that I have been in detailed discussions for months with the San Antonio Missions. The Missions are committed to being a partner in a downtown baseball project and are exploring every option available to bring a Triple-A baseball club to San Antonio,” Taylor said. “However, Minor League Baseball will have to approve any teams moving into or out of our city.”

Centro San Antonio has conducted a site study to help determine potential locations for a stadium. President and CEO Pat DiGiovanni could not be reached for comment, but multiple sources with knowledge of the matter said locations include the northwest corner of Hemisfair, at South Alamo and Market streets; the Institute of Texan Cultures; Fox Tech High School; an area south of the Alamodome; and sites near Lone Star and the Pearl.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 1:47 PM

This is amazing news! I think baseball in downtown is a great idea. Let's just hope it doesn't end up next to the Alamodome. I think they have a few other sites in downtown that would be far more suitable for this. Eager to see how this one develops!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 2:05 PM

A lot of people would rather hold out for MLB, but I think that this is a good move....if it comes to fruition.

I like this location:

***it should be known that Auto Zone park is home of the Memphis Cardinal AAA Ballclub.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 2:34 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
***it should be known that Auto Zone park is home of the Memphis Cardinal AAA Ballclub.
I loved Autozone while in Memphis, at least before the most recent modifications. That park offered a great atmosphere right downtown.

They're the Redbirds, btw, not that it really matters though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio