HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 5, 2007, 2:33 PM
Back on the road again

Agreed. The slenderness ratio of Mansion is giving it an awesome appearance. I'm lovin' it.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2007, 4:56 PM
Urban Explorer

Aspect ratio?
(I feel like the former applies to steel sections...)

Old Posted Sep 5, 2007, 5:56 PM
Back on the road again

True, it's term better suited for structural engineering, but it can be applied to any columnar shape, and Mansion seemed to fit the bill (at least in my mind!).

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 3:13 AM

there putting on the top! will try to get a picture

Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 11:17 AM
Atlanta Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLian12 View Post
there putting on the top! will try to get a picture
I know isn't it great! I noticed it this weekend and my friend and I got so excited discussing it and Buckhead and Atlanta that I nearly drifted into the next lane. Thank god no one was there.

On another note I think that the Hilton tower will be a fantastic complament to this tower.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 10:23 AM

Future residents get sneak peek at rising Mansion

By JULIE B. HAIRSTON
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 09/15/07

To City Centre developers John Williams and Clark Butler, the "topping" Friday of the 580-foot Mansion on Peachtree marked the $165 million project's halfway mark to completion.

But Shirley Glass — standing on the 38th floor where her two-bedroom, dual-level home will enjoy a panoramic view of the Atlanta skyline — was feeling halfway to heaven.

"I'm really excited about it," Glass said as the developers, managers and a herd of media and guests milled about the unfinished space. Barely beating the afternoon storms, they took in the views from what will ultimately become one of the city's tallest buildings and one of its most exclusive enclaves.

One of several ultra-luxury condo-hotel projects now under construction in the city, the Mansion appears to be on track to welcome its first occupants next spring. Selling its condos for an average of $1,000 per square foot and planning to command rates starting at $400 per night in the adjoining hotel, the Mansion will ultimately be joined by the St. Regis, the W and Sovereign in efforts to attract multimillionaires to a pampered urban lifestyle only a privileged few ever experience.

"What we were looking for was to be in the premier building in Atlanta that had all the best services," said Glass, who will be moving from another Atlanta highrise.

Williams said the Robert A.M. Stern design, which broke ground in May 2006, is about 50 percent sold.

"What has astonished me is the number of people who are buying whole floors," Williams said.

The largest unit sold so far is about 8,900 square feet and another under contract also will encompass more than 8,000 square feet, according to City Centre president Butler. Of an available 45 units, Butler said the company now expects the residences, which include three 5,000 square foot "villas" in the back flanking the English garden, to house about 35 owners at full occupancy.

In addition to homes featuring 12 1/2-foot ceilings, "huge" windows and a private entrance separate from the hotel, the Mansion's residents will have access to two signature restaurants, a 4,500-square-foot fitness center and 29 Spa, the latest creation of international spa consultant Lydia Mondavi.

"Most people are pretty well convinced that they will not only have a beautiful place but they also will be making a great investment," Williams said.

Buyers so far include both current Atlanta residents and newcomers from the United States and abroad. Many of the buyers own a number of homes in choice locations, Williams said.

"Atlanta has become a much more sophisticated market than it was even ten or 15 years ago, more accommodating of an urban lifestyle," Williams said.

The 127-room hotel will cater to executive travelers on business or pleasure with personalized butler service, twice-a-day housekeeping and luxury accommodations. Rosewood, which includes New York City's famed Carlyle Hotel and Dallas' Mansion at Turtle Creek among its properties, plans to bring a worldly standard to its services and amenities.

Craft, a 225-seat restaurant by award-winning chef Tom Colicchio, will face Peachtree Street in front of the Mansion.

And inside, the hotel will feature NEO, a contemporary Italian restaurant featuring seasonal cuisine.

Liugi Romaniello, managing director of the hotel, brought his pastry team from Rosewood Crescent Court in Dallas to provide a three-foot replica of the Mansion in cake for the occasion. Even among the construction dust and debris of the ongoing project, globes brimming with exotic calla lilies adorned the tabletops and displays.

"I want to bring in the right mix of city hotel and resort," Romaniello said.

Before Butler whacked the champagne bottle on the "topping-out" cement bucket to be hauled to the roof for pouring, Williams said he isn't concerned about the competition emerging in Atlanta for a rarified collection of buyers in an uncertain economy.

The Mansion, he said, will attract the right buyers for the right reasons.

"This is truly an iconic building. It will look as good in 50 years as it does the day we finish it," he said.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 10:25 AM

dp

Last edited by ThrashATL; Sep 15, 2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: dp

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 5:23 PM

Photos taken 9-15-07 from the 47th floor of 3344/Sovereign and street level;

Last edited by jfsatlbldr; Sep 16, 2007 at 6:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 5:25 PM
Back on the road again

WOW!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 7:37 PM
Born and raised

Woah.These are without question the best pics we've seen of MOP, it really puts the building in perspective.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2007, 7:41 PM

[QUOTE=jfsatlbldr;3057510]Photos taken 9-15-07 from the 47th floor of 3344/Sovereign and street level;

QUOTE]

i LOVE this building! this birds eye perspective shows off the entire project really well from the pending crown down to the ground level features.

thanks joe!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2007, 1:20 AM

[QUOTE=atl2phx;3057648][QUOTE=jfsatlbldr;3057510]Photos taken 9-15-07 from the 47th floor of 3344/Sovereign and street level;

QUOTE]

This shot is so cool. You can see the 2 Alliance site on the left and 3630 in the background on the right. Once the new Buckhead Hilton gets built, Buckhead will look totally different from 5 years ago.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2007, 5:16 AM

Thanks Joe!

Old Posted Sep 17, 2007, 5:22 AM
Urban Explorer

Buckhead already looks extraordinarily different than it did just 3 years ago when I moved to the city! This part of town is growing up incredibly quickly.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2007, 5:51 PM
Tribune in all her glory.

I can't wait to see the crown! This building looks great in the skyline with 3344 Peachtree. Buckhead is lucky too finally have some (in my opinion) signature towers.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 2:36 AM
Amen...

[QUOTE=ATLmangum;3058099][QUOTE=atl2phx;3057648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsatlbldr View Post
Photos taken 9-15-07 from the 47th floor of 3344/Sovereign and street level;

QUOTE]

This shot is so cool. You can see the 2 Alliance site on the left and 3630 in the background on the right. Once the new Buckhead Hilton gets built, Buckhead will look totally different from 5 years ago.
Speaking of the Hilton, where will it be in relation to the Mansion. Will it be across that side street, or can you see the site in this picture?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 3:08 AM
Urban Explorer

It will be on the site right in front of the Mansion in that picture, where that huge parking lot is now.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 2:11 PM
215 FT. AGL

Correct....it should sit about like this, possibly further back right across from the Mansion but keep in mind that phase 3 is for a 20-something floor condo tower behind the Hilton. I'm totally guestimating on the size and height but I figured it would be about as tall as the Paramount if they go with 40 floors so it could be close to this height.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 7:23 PM

Hilton Location

That red box is pretty close. It's a little further back against the tree line. The two should look very strong right next to eachother.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 7:40 PM
Ascension

Atlanta has some of the classiest, modern, and beautiful skyscrapers going up anywhere and The Mansion is no exception.

But what's the name of the building on the right with the pointed roof?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive