HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNYC View Post
Extremely disappointing skyscraper construction activity, especially for a city of its size.

Sad that the 314ft. Thompson Hotel is the largest current (or proposed) development.
I feel it too. There's so much boom in other major Texas cities except for SA

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 9:14 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Oh, and Frost Tower is 386' not 400' (as much as I hate saying that. But, it's the truth). One looses credibility when fudging numbers - so, please be careful.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2019, 2:50 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
I feel it too. There's so much boom in other major Texas cities except for SA
I for one am glad that SA's growth and development is a little "slower" than other Texas cities. As much as I love Austin/Houston/Dallas (I lived in the first two for a time), we've seen what explosive growth has done in terms of traffic, infighting about transportation, loss of culture etc. etc. There are lots of good things about those cities too... obviously... but its nice to see a Texas city that is able to strongly retain its cultural identity while growing at a more steady and sustainable rate. This is all my opinion of course. This isn't to say I would hate to see a big, beautiful 700' to 800' tower go up in SA either!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 6:51 PM

My two cents - as an outsider who just visited the city for the first time last weekend, I was thoroughly impressed with S.A. It definitely felt more authentic than an Austin or most other large cities, with more cultural assets and without the trade off of feeling like a dead-end city with no economic prospects. From what I could see, at least downtown, there were several projects, and while it may not be booming, it seems to be growing sustainably. I think you all should consider yourselves lucky. Seems like S.A is one of the few big cities that's found a happy medium.

Kurt Vonnegut

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations