HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 7:34 PM
crocket crocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Winnipeg | 139 Tuxedo Ave | 23M | 5F | Proposed

Here is some marketing material for a proposed condo dev on 139 Tuxedo Ave. Karma development corp. The owners have done other developments, really low end builds, bad track record. Centennial Park 1815 Corydon / 720 Kingsway as examples.

The renderings in the brochure look horrible. Not very promising.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 7:46 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 24,570
Looks like it's meant to complement the former barracks buildings that make up the Asper Centre.

I'm sure many older folks would appreciate the chance to live so close to that facility... it makes sense in that regard.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 9:06 PM
pmuhar pmuhar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 56
This must be why theyre trying to unload their shovel ready land on St. Marys for $1.2M
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 9:27 PM
crocket crocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Looks like it's meant to complement the former barracks buildings that make up the Asper Centre.

I'm sure many older folks would appreciate the chance to live so close to that facility... it makes sense in that regard.
Interesting perspective. I was told they were going to try and market it as "high-end" but you're right, it might actually be aimed more at seniors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 9:35 PM
Andy6's Avatar
Andy6 Andy6 is offline
Starring as himself
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto Yorkville
Posts: 8,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocket View Post
Interesting perspective. I was told they were going to try and market it as "high-end" but you're right, it might actually be aimed more at seniors.
My mother and her friends would like that, for sure. To be able to walk to Asper Centre would be pretty ideal.
__________________
crispy crunchy light and snappy
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 9:47 PM
biguc's Avatar
biguc biguc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: pinkoland
Posts: 10,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocket View Post
Here is some marketing material for a proposed condo dev on 139 Tuxedo Ave. Karma development corp. The owners have done other developments, really low end builds, bad track record. Centennial Park 1815 Corydon / 720 Kingsway as examples.

The renderings in the brochure look horrible. Not very promising.
I, for one, admire your pessimism.
__________________
no
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 10:16 PM
crocket crocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
My mother and her friends would like that, for sure. To be able to walk to Asper Centre would be pretty ideal.
Ya, the location is great. I was knocking the design of the building. Looks terrible.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 11:53 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 24,570
^ Yeah, maybe not quite the prettiest. I can live with it though, I don't expect every building to be a showstopper.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 1:52 AM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 11,202
should put winnipeg in the thread title
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 26, 2016, 4:22 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Looks like most developments of this type being built all over Winnipeg. For it's location and eventual target group of buyers, it doesn't appear to be some terrible looking structure? It's not pretty but for a suburban location but how many actually are?

* Edited thread title for scope/location of proposal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 2:21 AM
crocket crocket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Looks like most developments of this type being built all over Winnipeg. For it's location and eventual target group of buyers, it doesn't appear to be some terrible looking structure? It's not pretty but for a suburban location but how many actually are?

* Edited thread title for scope/location of proposal.
Ya, it is par for the course. There was a rumor the developer was looking to do a really nice project, higher end. Being in Tuxedo was part of that but it looks very basic. The developer has a bad track record.

I just got back from a trips to several US cities including Atlanta, Minneapolis and Seattle. Some really nice developments in those cities of the suburban variety.

I guess I had high hopes when I heard that parcel was going to be developed. 1800 Wellington is down the street and pretty nice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 3:01 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I think this was mentioned previously, but Karma Developments is behind this project near the Asper Jewish Community Campus. This pixelated rendering was on the WFP website:

I'm not exactly sure where it will go on the campus grounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
NE corner of Tuxedo and Edgeland. If you look on Google Earth the site is all mud and actually has an excavator on it.
We had a poster start this thread on this one a little while back..
__________________
♥ ♥
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 3:02 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Would you classify this one as U/C or prep..Biff?
__________________
♥ ♥

Last edited by Cyro; Jul 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.