HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I now don't think it will be an issue at all as I assume all lights will be red when the bus lane light is green. Right now they have a cover over the new signal. I assume there will be a bus detector or remote control like they have at Coleman and Arcola. Edit: Dixon and Arcola.
Hopefully it will be a remote. I don't trust the detectors and the remote will discourage non buses from using the lane.....which hopefully will never happen, but anything is possible with Regina drivers.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 7:44 PM

Any speculation what's going on here right now? Back in 2016 when this Google Maps picture was taken they had dug up the whole front side of the lot. Then they pushed all the dirt back into the hole. Now the last couple of weeks a backhoe has been there digging the hole out again.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Any speculation what's going on here right now? Back in 2016 when this Google Maps picture was taken they had dug up the whole front side of the lot. Then they pushed all the dirt back into the hole. Now the last couple of weeks a backhoe has been there digging the hole out again.
Good update there's digging equipment on site

Old Posted Oct 7, 2017, 11:34 PM
arf

I had lunch at the WP there last week and they were taking soil samples. Could be more remediation of the site or concerns that the contamination is further than anticipated.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I had lunch at the WP there last week and they were taking soil samples. Could be more remediation of the site or concerns that the contamination is further than anticipated.
You can see that they are now remediating on the neighbouring property. The contamination migrated.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 5:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff Bucket View Post
This morning I passed by the overpass and spotted a new sign "Bus priority traffic signal" (or something like that) on the traffic light standard.

Here is the City's webpage describing how it will work.

When will this go into effect (or has it already ...)?
The City’s page says ”buses will be given a green light first”... but the signage at the intersection, and the placement of the new signal lead me to believe it’ll be an actual Transit Priority Signal (a white vertical bar on a dark background), not a green light.

The Transit Priority Signal isn’t even in the SGI Drivers Handbook... I’m skeptical of Sask drivers’ ability at the best of times, when they’re being asked to understand a completely foreign signal? There will be issues.

(the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Hanbook does describe the Transit Priority Signal)

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to see the City trying something out to improve the flow of Transit... we’ll never increase ridership if Transit continues to take as long (or longer) than driving.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
The City’s page says ”buses will be given a green light first”... but the signage at the intersection, and the placement of the new signal lead me to believe it’ll be an actual Transit Priority Signal (a white vertical bar on a dark background), not a green light.

The Transit Priority Signal isn’t even in the SGI Drivers Handbook... I’m skeptical of Sask drivers’ ability at the best of times, when they’re being asked to understand a completely foreign signal? There will be issues.

(the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Hanbook does describe the Transit Priority Signal)

Don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to see the City trying something out to improve the flow of Transit... we’ll never increase ridership if Transit continues to take as long (or longer) than driving.
I don't think drivers will be confused. This is about as dumbed down as it gets. There will still be red light at the same time as the black and white signal, which is really distinct. Although given that drivers are unable to grasp the zipper merge, who knows.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 2:53 PM

I have to give the City credit for the Arcola Express initiative. this is the only way to increase ridership. You have to make transit as fast or faster than driving. They also got the Feds to pay much of the cost.

It is not clear if it is already active:

http://www.regina.ca/residents/trans...nges/route-60/

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I have to give the City credit for the Arcola Express initiative. this is the only way to increase ridership. You have to make transit as fast or faster than driving. They also got the Feds to pay much of the cost.

Be nice to hear some reviews from people. And if the City plans on doing a similar bus priority light on the opposite side of the bridge, heading east from downtown.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 8:43 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Not construction related, but it's nice to see that the city is finally doing something about street and park naming.

http://www.regina.ca/residents/herit...d-park-naming/

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
Not construction related, but it's nice to see that the city is finally doing something about street and park naming.

http://www.regina.ca/residents/herit...d-park-naming/
They started this by not letting Harvard have all the names they wanted in Westerra. But if they let another Greens on Gardiner/Wascana View/Maple Ridge happen I'll lose it.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:08 PM

"Yeah you're going to want to take a left on Green, then go past Green, then a bit further, then a right on Green, a left on Green, and then the third house after Green. If you hit Green, then you've gone too far."

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
"Yeah you're going to want to take a left on Green, then go past Green, then a bit further, then a right on Green, a left on Green, and then the third house after Green. If you hit Green, then you've gone too far."
We'll have to start giving directions the way they do in small towns.

"Head south, take a right at the stop sign, make a left at the red house, and then the place you're looking for is the one with the bushes in the front yard."

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 8:31 PM

Quote:

It is only a proposal at this point. The survey is open until October 16th. According to this link, it will be forwarded to council sometime in the new year. We won't see transit changes in 2017.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 11:33 AM

http://www.620ckrm.com/2017/10/11/re...er-initiative/
Regina’s AGT Foods, Protein Innovations Canada among finalists for Innovation Supercluster Initiative

Regina, SK, Canada / 620 CKRM
Ryan McNally
It was an exciting day for AGT Foods in Regina, as they are now one of nine companies in the running for 950-million dollars in federal funding from the Innovation Supercluster Program.

The program is a new opportunity to help Canada’s business clusters, positioning them for global leadership.

Murad Al-Katib, President of AGT Foods, says there is a growing demand for their product around the world.

“By 2050 we have to feed 10-billion people,” Al-Katib says. “Incomes are rising in emerging markets and protein consumption is on the rise. I think that that becomes the generational opportunity is to take our crop, add value, do what I would call total plant utilization; use all the fractions of the products that we produce to produce food ingredients, feed ingredients, food products, and really capture that value for Canada.”

Ralph Goodale, Minister of Safety and Emergency Preparedness, was on hand to make the announcement.

He says he’s positive in thinking AGT will be one of the five applicants chosen.

“I’m very optimistic, not just because I’m a hometown fan, but also because of the quality of this proposal. It has been put together in a very thoughtful way, with a very broad base of support.”

The nine finalists were chosen from thousands of applicants who went through 50 proposals all across Canada.

Only five superclusters will be selected for innovation supercluster funding.

The final submissions are due November 24th.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 11:34 AM

What is super cluster funding?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
A predetermined plan aimed at getting the liberals more votes.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
Maybe it was a typo. Super cluster fu**ing

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was a typo. Super cluster fu**ing
What a sad state of affairs this site sometime especially has become

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 8:20 PM

Hey Fourthtower according to the government here is their definition.

Supercluster:
A geographical region that is home to an especially strong industrial cluster or clusters linked through their shared reliance on specialized inputs, including technologies, talent and infrastructure. As compared to smaller or single-sector clusters, these innovation hotbeds benefit from stronger connections between firms and research talent, a long-term competitive advantage, global brand recognition, and an outsized impact on job creation and economic growth (GDP).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan