HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler19944 View Post
Neighbours opposed underground parking? I really hope that is not the case
"this" meaning the project. No doubt the surface parking was one of the complaints

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 3:03 PM

Any picture updates of the Victoria Avenue beautification project?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 6:11 PM

Does anyone know when the City plans on finishing Chuka so it goes all the way to Costco/Aurora ? Thought it would have been done by now.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
"this" meaning the project. No doubt the surface parking was one of the complaints
Ahh gotcha, sorry I misread that.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Does anyone know when the City plans on finishing Chuka so it goes all the way to Costco/Aurora ? Thought it would have been done by now.
Chuka will only be going to Arens Road for the next many years. The new subdivision north of Arens and south of Aurora is aways away before starting up.
The land I believe is owned by Dream?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 6:43 PM

Chuka punching through at Buckingham Drive will likely be done next year. Chuka and Arens connecting either in 2022 or 2023. It all comes down to how quickly house sales rebound.

The entertainment complex in the old Leader Post is shaping to be something big. Go Karts, Mini Golf, and a large restaurant.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Chuka punching through at Buckingham Drive will likely be done next year. Chuka and Arens connecting either in 2022 or 2023. It all comes down to how quickly house sales rebound.

The entertainment complex in the old Leader Post is shaping to be something big. Go Karts, Mini Golf, and a large restaurant.
I'd heard (possibly here?) that they ran into issues with the go kart track due to ventilation issues inside the building. Can't have people dying from Carbon Monoxide and all that.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2019, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I'd heard (possibly here?) that they ran into issues with the go kart track due to ventilation issues inside the building. Can't have people dying from Carbon Monoxide and all that.
They have electric go-karts these days. It's like a mini-Tesla.
https://www.sodikart.com/en-gb/karts/rental/rsx-32.html

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 9:10 PM

Looks like the city is adding a running/biking pathway along McDonald St. by the Douglas Park hill. This is so long overdue - go there any evening during the summer and its dangerous for everyone as there's no sidewalks at all, nor are there shoulders on the road for bikers/runners. Not sure how far they're taking it, but anything is an improvement.

One step closer to encircling the entire lake with bike paths.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Looks like the city is adding a running/biking pathway along McDonald St. by the Douglas Park hill. This is so long overdue - go there any evening during the summer and its dangerous for everyone as there's no sidewalks at all, nor are there shoulders on the road for bikers/runners. Not sure how far they're taking it, but anything is an improvement.

One step closer to encircling the entire lake with bike paths.
Good news. Paved or gravel?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Can’t say for certain - construction wasn’t far along enough yet. I’d have to imagine it will be paved though.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Huge news!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:50 PM

I noticed that 2 EV fast charges have been installed at Petro Can on Vic and Starlite. They had a couple of Prius plug-in hybrids there but it looked like they were just testing the chargers. In my view they should be next to a coffee shop, not a gas station. What are you going to do at a gas station for half an hour?
Walmart east is supposed to be getting Tesla Superchargers, but no sign of construction yet. 7 are slated for the TCH in SK for 2019. Moose jaw is under construction. Nothing for the yellow head or Highway 11 yet.
I recently purchased a turbo diesel and I am amazed at the fuel efficiency. My next vehicle may be an EV though.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:02 PM

Quote:
I noticed that 2 EV fast charges have been installed at Petro Can on Vic and Starlite. They had a couple of Prius plug-in hybrids there but it looked like they were just testing the chargers. In my view they should be next to a coffee shop, not a gas station. What are you going to do at a gas station for half an hour?
Walmart east is supposed to be getting Tesla Superchargers, but no sign of construction yet. 7 are slated for the TCH in SK for 2019. Moose jaw is under construction. Nothing for the yellow head or Highway 11 yet.
I recently purchased a turbo diesel and I am amazed at the fuel efficiency. My next vehicle may be an EV though.
I have been following this a bit lately and there seems to be quite a few new constructions in the past month.

Here are some pictures of the one in Whitewood.
https://twitter.com/planeboy1/status...72953645780992

And here is a tweet from the Co-op in Davidson that is installing a supercharger on Highway 11.
https://twitter.com/RiverbendCoop/st...54811612663811

I believe the other locations with stuff already built in Sask. is at the Maple Creek Co-op and maybe Swift Current as well.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
I have been following this a bit lately and there seems to be quite a few new constructions in the past month.

Here are some pictures of the one in Whitewood.
https://twitter.com/planeboy1/status...72953645780992

And here is a tweet from the Co-op in Davidson that is installing a supercharger on Highway 11.
https://twitter.com/RiverbendCoop/st...54811612663811

I believe the other locations with stuff already built in Sask. is at the Maple Creek Co-op and maybe Swift Current as well.
Interesting. Tesla does not show Davidson on their map. I assume there will be some in Saskatoon, Battleford and Lloyd soon. How do these work? Does Tesla issue your a card and pin or something or does the charger know your car when it is connected?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Interesting. Tesla does not show Davidson on their map. I assume there will be some in Saskatoon, Battleford and Lloyd soon. How do these work? Does Tesla issue your a card and pin or something or does the charger know your car when it is connected?
That is a very good question. I had to look it up.

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/supercharging

So it sounds like you add a payment method to your Tesla Account online or using the screen in you vehicle. Charging would then be automatic when you are at the supercharger.

One thing I didn't see was how it actually does that. Is it some sort of wifi connection to the charger, is there some data soehow passed through the charging cable itself?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Here is a tweet from @SaskPower.

Congratulations to Petro-Canada for installing its first fast-charging station in Saskatchewan! The electric vehicle charging station is one of 50 that they're installing along the Trans-Canada highway. We took two of our own electric cars to check it out. #Powering2030

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 4:27 PM

EV charging stations in SK

Electric vehicle charging stations being built along Trans-Canada Highway in Sask.

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...ighway-in-sask

"...Electric vehicle (EV) owners in Saskatchewan will soon have a lot more options when trying to find a place to plug in.

Tesla, Petro-Canada and Canadian Tire are all planning to build fast-charging stations in the province. Petro-Canada’s Regina station soft-launched on Tuesday, and three more in the province are expected to be up and running by the end of September.

Tesla is planning to have seven Supercharger stations in the province this year, with some already under construction. Canadian Tire is planning 10 charging locations, and is hoping to have them operating towards the end of next year.

The Tesla and Petro-Canada charging stations are both part of cross-country networks, meaning the all the Saskatchewan locations will be near the Trans-Canada Highway.

Saskatoon does have charging stations, but neither Tesla nor Petro-Canada have listed any upcoming locations in the city. A Petro-Canada representative said the company wanted to start with stations near the Trans-Canada, and more may come to the province in the future.

Canadian Tire, which received funding to build its stations through the federal government’s electric vehicle and alternative fuel infrastructure initiative, doesn’t currently have plans for a Saskatoon location. The closest one will be in Martensville.

Petro-Canada announced its cross-country network of 50 fast charging stations in February. The goal of the network is to allow EV owners to drive from Nova Scotia to Victoria, B.C., with charging stations placed approximately 200-250 kilometres away from each other. The Regina charging station, located at 2020 Coleman Cr. in the east end, is the first of Petro-Canada’s Saskatchewan stations to go online.

Petro-Canada’s other stations will be located in Whitewood, Moose Jaw and Swift Current. Petro-Canada said Saskatoon was not included because the initial goal was to establish a cross-country network of charging stations, but more may be planned in the future.

According to Tesla’s website, the company is planning to put Supercharger stations in Maple Creek, Swift Current, Chaplin, Moose Jaw, Regina, Wolsley and Moosomin. However, keen Tesla owners may have spotted other unannounced charging stations."

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 4:34 PM

I actually saw people charging at Petro Canada last night. No surprise I suppose given that it is free for now. Fast charging looks like it will generally cost around $20.

Canadian Tire has the right idea. People will go in to shop while they are charging.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 8:42 PM

Regina Information Centre Unveiled, Second Pavilion In The Works

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...iled-1.5253706

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan