HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #861  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 6:54 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?
Downtown beside Avenue is one.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #862  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 7:10 PM
cityboy's Avatar
cityboy cityboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
Which Brewed Awakening locations closed?
11th Avenue and Campion College are the ones I'm aware of.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #863  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 8:05 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 858
Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #864  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 8:15 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBuild View Post
That's going to be awesome. Imagine a future Regina where Sask Drive is lined with pubs and cafe's for before and after game festivities, similar to Clark Street by Wrigley Field in Chicago.
81 regular season games vs 9, so not comparable, although the Brandt Centre, AffinityPlex and Cooperators Centre are all next door.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #865  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2019, 9:17 PM
cityboy's Avatar
cityboy cityboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGirl View Post
Didn't 11th avenue just move into Atlantis?

For a while Atlantis had Vic as well as 11th, then Brewed acquired 11th. Then they closed it. Shortly after that they acquired the entire Atlantis business, which was essentially the Vic location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #866  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 5:46 AM
Udon'tknow's Avatar
Udon'tknow Udon'tknow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 318
Bakery

For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!

https://www.facebook.com/saltinebakingco/

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #867  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 12:13 AM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 587
The A&W in the Southland Mall food court closed on Sunday. One of the other food court tenants said it was because the rent was too high.

Considering that malls are not as busy as they once were, maybe it is time for the landlords to adjust the lease rates. The former Robins Donuts closed and nothing has replaced it. The Mediterranean place never materialized, and supposedly there will be a sushi place going there, but again, nothing has materialized. Isn't it better to lower the lease rates and fill your empty units and give existing tenants a chance to make a living?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #868  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:53 AM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 856
Revival Music Room reopens Labour Day weekend and Pile O’ Bones taproom (with food by Malinche) opens tomorrow on Sask Drive and Cameron St.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #869  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:40 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,561
Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #870  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 2:47 PM
PhotoJim PhotoJim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Has anyone been to the Pile O’ Bones taproom?
Doesn't open until 11
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #871  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 3:39 PM
bourbonandbranch bourbonandbranch is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Chopped Leaf

I noticed last night signs on Victoria saying that Chopped Leaf was now open at Aurora. I imagine the other food services there will be opening soon as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #872  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 3:53 AM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
For those of you familiar with Saltine (Farmer's market) they've recently opened a permanent location on Gordon Road. These guys are the best bakery in the city, on par with the former Orange Boot Bakery, and in the same location. They are only open certain days of the week, but if you haven't checked them out I suggest you do if you want some quality bakery eats!
...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #873  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 1:18 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
...speaking of Brewed Awakening closing locations, this would be another location they closed, if Saltine is actually in the same location as Orange Boot was (Brewed Awakening bought Orange Boot's assets, and used the location as the bakery for their coffee shops around the city).

[EDIT] I see on their FB page that Saltine says they are located next to Brewed Awakening... so I guess BA is still open. Did they cut the bakery, and just focus this location on coffee? Would be weird to have a bakery open next to a bakery. Unless Saltine is related to BA? I'll have to pop by tomorrow.
The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #874  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 4:25 PM
StealthGirl's Avatar
StealthGirl StealthGirl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 858
Saltine is also available through Brewed one or two days a week.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #875  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2019, 7:14 PM
Drofmab's Avatar
Drofmab Drofmab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Regina
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
The BA Bakery used to be a full service location but then found that making coffee during the day was a distraction to the bakers so they locked their doors to the public and now just concentrate on baking.

Saltine is 'sort of' next to BA, they're on the other side of the mini-mall. The difference being Saltine sells their goods out of their location.
Makes sense, re: BA... when Orange Boot tried to be a bakery & coffee shop, it really messed up customer flow.

We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.
__________________
@drofmab
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #876  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 1:15 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
We stopped in yesterday, grabbed a bunch of stuff - all excellent. Saltine isn't on the other side of the mini-mall... it's immediately next to BA. In fact, BA's sign extends over Saltine's entire storefront. It's clear once you're inside that they aren't connected, though - but from the outside, I can imagine someone not noticing Saltine, or assuming it's part of BA.
Really? OK, I follow their instagram and their outside photos look like it's over farther. I'm mistaken then.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #877  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 12:52 AM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 587
Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #878  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 7:16 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Swiss Chalet and Harvey's are both closing on October 4th.
I didn't even know we had these.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #879  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:04 PM
PhotoJim PhotoJim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I didn't even know we had these.
We had a location on Albert & Gordon, too, but it shut down over a year ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:16 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.