HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2007, 5:41 PM

favourite architects besides Michelangelo?Maurice Fatio(1899-1947 ?)

I just wondered if there could be a favourite architects forum section on skyscraperpage.com?
I guess not all architects build skyscrapers ,or what would be classed as a skyscraper nowadays,say compared to like say 4,000 years ago at Palenque built by the Mayans;the buildings are not particularly tall but they are constructed on a big hill and presented some quite astonishing structural difficulties ,i would think for the architects?
To go-off on a slight -tangent i am just getting interested in the architecture of Maurice Fatio(Palm Beach darling circa 1920's-40's) but i can't find-out all that much about him apart from the fact he was Suisse and died young in his forties.His buildings are !estupendos! 'though: clean lines,symetrical,elegant detail in mouldings,doorways,staircases ,dreamy!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture