HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Manhattan Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 8:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: 5Bfilms

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 9:47 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

This is fine, but it overshadows a great historic structure (the manhattan bridge)

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
This is fine, but it overshadows a great historic structure (the manhattan bridge)
That's always been my gripe with this building, that and its lack of neighbors. There are plans to have that strip along the river have similarly tall towers, but they would all dwarf the Manhattan bridge (and apparently it isn't selling well, so it may be alone for a while). There could have been a more respectful building to go there than a monolithic glass box. Given that less than a quarter of apartments have been sold even with a rent-to-own program, it seems just a bit excessive for the area in every way imaginable.

It looks nice on the skyline, though.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 3:24 PM
Show me the blueprints

Something like a shorter version of Chicago's 400 Lake Shore Drive where it tapers back away from tje bridge would have been nice. I agree nearly 900' slab is impressive but jarring.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 3:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Just wait until the other LES towers rise. Its really going to be a nice wall for the area. Once all the legal bs with the community subsides and they start rising. I expect next cycle.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 12:17 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
247 Cherry was halted. Same for the other LES towers. Some NIBMY bullcrap as usual. Delays, seeking more recommendations and guidance from the community. Court order too.

In time I think the LES Towers at Rutgers Slip and Cherry Street will rise, but not without some disheveled, and entitled folks fighting the good fight, in their eyes.

So time really, we just have to wait.

Nice dig at the poor.. I've seen you do that before, it's like a pattern with you. says a lot bout you honestly... walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck, right?

Last edited by aquablue; Jan 28, 2020 at 1:15 AM.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 3:24 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

I'm going against the wealthy or well-to-do NIMBYS and the rent stabilized folks who oppose such development because it'll block their views or because they want to keep the neighborhood the way they want it, and not in the mood for new residents.

The story is all over the city. Take a development that adds some nice affordable housing, and they complain.

On a side note, the "deshelved" wasn't a burn towards poor people, it was describing the usual look to the "entitled" people that show up to these meetings. If you've seen pics in the past of these protests and folks at community meetings, their a mess. Hairs all f'd up, looking like Bernie Sanders after a really bad hair day, and non-ironed clothing.

The poor need affordable housing. I support mass quantities of affordable hosing, but often those that have the cheese are the ones most against it and so they rally their politicians, and do what entitled people do, litigate.

If you check out any California thread, I always rally for the middle class and lower-class because its the wealthy snobs and yuppies that often block or hinder developments that can provide REAL units for these folks. NYC is not immune from these parasites that seek to keep the gate community aura.

You have close to 3k units under the LES plan, 25% affordable... and I'm rallying against the poor? Common aquablue... btw, I love that color, along with purple. Some guys like blue, I like purple!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 4:56 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

A look at the podium.

Credit: Tectonic

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Most of those "monthly common charges" are more than my rent! Damn some people are rich.
Same here.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 9:09 AM

I guess ludicrous monthly charges are inevitable when a building is so tall. Everything from window cleaning to pumping water so high is gonna require more and bigger equipment than a lowrise. It's probably why there have been no rental supertalls for us less wealthy folks so far. One was being planned north of the yards (I forgot its name) but was cancelled.

Does everybody living in a skyscraper use the same utilities provider? Power, gas, water, steam. I presume all these charges are extra to the monthly common charge.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 11:22 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 2:19 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Mar 7, 2020, 6:18 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 3:20 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 3:02 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Very classy.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2020, 2:08 PM

It's a shame they didn't keep the copper color on the sides like in all the renderings.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 1:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 4, 2020, 6:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Extell announces Covid-inspired price cuts at One Manhattan Square

Quote:
Extell Development, a leader in setting the bar for luxury prices, is offering discounts of up to 20 percent on all remaining units at its One Manhattan Square condominium.

In a statement Thursday, the New York developer said the decision to slash prices was made “in response to global conditions related to COVID-19.”

It’s the latest in a series of offers designed to spur sales at the 815-unit tower, which was grappling with a soft luxury market well before the pandemic hit. Last April, the developer said it would waive common charges for up to a decade — an unprecedented move, even in a concession-heavy market. Later, it introduced a “rent-to-own” program.

It’s unclear how many units will be subject to the latest discounts, however an analysis from January showed that at that time, 223 of the building’s 815 units had been sold, 39 were in contract and 553 were unsold. (A spokesperson for Extell declined to provide more up-to-date figures.)
================
TRD

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 5:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Annabelle

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive