HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Jan 24, 2016, 8:47 PM
Community Guy

Edmonton|Citadel Cloud|Proposed| ~30 floors/~95m

Quote:
This design proposal carefully introduces an unconventional tower which will inject new life to the lobby level and create a second architectural identity at the same time. The concept is for a new contemporary building designed to seemingly float above the existing Citadel Theatre, supported only by a slender core.
The connection between the existing and the new is the key to this unique design; the contrasting tower design clarifies and strengthens the important 30-year-old design of the Citadel. The Lee Pavilion would be rejuvenated, with occupants from the Citadel tower above, and with the introduction of a green wall planting treatment on the core to strengthen the garden atmosphere.

This proposal would create a synergy consistent with the Arts District by providing accommodation in the form of a boutique hotel, residences, and affordable housing. Much like the Citadel Theatre itself, the proposed boutique hotel and residences would bring together various groups: theatre patrons to the hotel, professional actors to condominium apartments and drama students to affordable rental housing.
http://www.dubarchitects.ca/citadel-cloud.html

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 24, 2016, 9:20 PM

Wow this is an adventurous proposal! I wonder if they will have to rip up the existing gardens to put down the pilings the show on the cut away drawing, or do they already exist?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2016, 10:14 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

I love the idea and the design but together they are super awkward looking. A bit more refinement and blending and I'd say you have a winner. Churchill especially needs more liveliness on days and nights that don't have the square programmed and this will certainly help...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2016, 11:42 PM

Are we sure this is an active proposal? The architects website has it listed under concept projects and not current projects like Encore Tower. Other than the exposed concrete that supports the tower, it's a cool idea.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 1:13 AM
Love skyscrapers

That looks awful imo.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 2:48 PM
Community Guy

^^knowing this architect and their ties to our City, i'd say a proposal.

^to each their own I guess.?!?!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects