HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Somewhat. Although I will admit that downtown Philly has gotten cleaner last time I was there. But there is still all of that pollution when driving in!
the airport isnt downtown

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
"Downtown" isn't downtown either

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I wasn't talking about the airport. I was talking about the city. Calm down, I was just messing around so I could use my nickname. Yes PHL isn't that bad of an airport, and it definitely has improved recently. I'm also just happy that Wilmington now has commercial air service.

Last edited by jonesrmj; Jan 27, 2020 at 1:05 AM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

Dude has a weird Wilmington inferiority complex. Just ignore him.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 4:42 PM

Quote:
downtown Philly But there is still all of that pollution when driving in!
You do know that there is a train from Wilmington to Center City. People driving in causes a large portion of the population that exists in Philadelphia.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
Dude has a weird Wilmington inferiority complex. Just ignore him.
I'm not trying to start an argument, why is this becoming such a big deal? I was just posting an article that Frontier is flying again out of Wilmington and that means I don't have to fly out of Philly. Is there anything wrong with that?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 6:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to start an argument, why is this becoming such a big deal? I was just posting an article that Frontier is flying again out of Wilmington and that means I don't have to fly out of Philly. Is there anything wrong with that?
Calling Philadelphia "Filthydelphia" on a Philadelphia-based subforum was likely your first misstep.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 6:13 PM

Quote:
I was just posting an article that Frontier is flying again out of Wilmington and that means I don't have to fly out of Philly.
Well, that's really only true if you are flying to the very limited destinations that they would serve out of Wilmington.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 6:59 PM

^ I never understood that guy's deal with airports, as someone who grew up in northern DE having an international airport less than 20 miles away was/is awesome. PHL to Claymont, DE is under 14 miles. I mean you can't beat it.

I'm hearing Frontier will be to Denver, and a few other places, Orlando most likely. It's nice to have options for Delawareans, sure, but this is a little Mickey Mouse operation.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
^ I never understood that guy's deal with airports, as someone who grew up in northern DE having an international airport less than 20 miles away was/is awesome. PHL to Claymont, DE is under 14 miles. I mean you can't beat it.

I'm hearing Frontier will be to Denver, and a few other places, Orlando most likely. It's nice to have options for Delawareans, sure, but this is a little Mickey Mouse operation.
I also think that Philadelphia International is one of the nicer airports in the region. The only thing in NYC that is anywhere near as comfortable is Newark Intl. JFK and LaGuardia are far too crowded (and have terrible access to public transit). BWI is ok. Probably about the same as KPHL.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
Philly area developer Brian O’Neill to build cell and gene manufacturing facility in King of Prussia
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20200123.html
Yo, this is MASSIVE. 2000 people!?

This will also continue to cement our place as a gene therapy hub, wouldn't be surprised if this brings a number of new startups and established companies. Very good news.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 8:08 PM

Alright, Alright, Those are good points. Also, the "Filthy-delphia" was just a joke that I thought nobody would take seriously, but I guess I was wrong so I won't say it again.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Alright, Alright, Those are good points. Also, the "Filthy-delphia" was just a joke that I thought nobody would take seriously, but I guess I was wrong so I won't say it again.
No one took it personally, it's just not a good look on a Philly-based subforum. It's also not a great way to start a discussion.

For instance, if I started a conversation with you regarding Wilmington and called it something like "Killmington" or "Shillmington," it would set a certain tone for the rest of the conversation, regardless of substance.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post

I live near Trolley and PHL is only about 8-10 minutes farther that NCC in non-rush-hour traffic. The biggest benefit will be to people who live west and south of Wilmington.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 12:40 AM

More Details regarding Frontier Airlines return to Wilmington, DE

Well, I guess you guys were all right. Frontier announced they will resume flights out of Wilmington starting May 14th but are only flying to Orlando. They said the would add more routes if Orlando ends up being profitable. Here are some pictures of the new upgrade renderings they are doing to the Wilmington Airport Terminal:

I know that the first picture is obviously the Main Entrance but what are the other two pictures showing?

Here's a picture of the floorpan of the new terminal once it completes. It will add 2 gates to the airport, not sure if they'll be complete with jetways, and some more restaurants/shops:

If you book a flight from Wilmington to Orlando by 1/31, you get it for $29 one way! https://www.flyfrontier.com/

Last edited by jonesrmj; Jan 31, 2020 at 12:54 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 3:41 PM

Quote:
I know that the first picture is obviously the Main Entrance but what are the other two pictures showing?
Second and third pictures look like they are showing the baggage pick up. I haven't been to Wilmington, but Trenton is also a small Frontier hub and the baggage building is separated from the main terminal. Once they offload the baggage from the plane they put them through the big bay doors, usually with a conveyer belt.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 4:05 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Hello everyone! @jones looks like you have a new buddy because I also love Wilmington & Philly & Chester & etc.

But one thing you must understand, Philly has been a big city hub for 100+ years. Wilmington is now just getting on the train & from the pervious post Ive read you are speaking in passion & good heart.

Wilmington is growing well, I look at all projects & plans just as you have & many others have.

Before Wilmington can attract bigger players certain things have to happen for example here are some things that have to happen or are currently in progress

-Bus station be built /currently under construction

-Roads /Highways updated /Currently under construction or pending

-City Center being rebuilt /Currently under construction

-Neighborhoods being rebuilt aka gentrification /Currently being planned/ built

-Airport / currently being remodeled & services are planned. Now the only reason I believe the airport is coming back after 5 years is because Delaware & Wilmington as a whole is growing & the 301 finally being completed is giving life to connecting us with down south & moving traffic better. This means someone could easily go from middletown to ILG in 30 minutes compared to a Hour on local roads.

-Points of interest/ Wilmington has the riverfront which is starting to pop & look excellent, A bridge being built to connect with 13, which also has 495 0.5 miles down the street is a big WOO. Stadium & hopefully more venues will come to that side of the riverfront. Also southbridge being brought back to life & a big watershed park will also help tremendously.

The reason why Philly & other cities do great is because they have attractions & an atmosphere. Yes Wilmington has one but for a very long time it was very small & limited to 4PM.

Thats what causes people to go to philly instead of Wilmington, people want something to do & Wilmington didnt have that for a long time. They are also 10 years late to the party but its ok, because they are picking up speed.

Give it 5-10 more years bro & Wilmington will be the new talk of the town. I can already see at night the city is looking great & it will get better.

Also you cant disrespect Philly & its getting cleaner. But remember Philly is home of Gritty for a reason.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 5:17 PM

Some renderings of High Street Residential's proposed "Matson Mill" project in Conshohocken. 276 units.

https://www.hcm2.com/projects/matson-mill/

Additional info: https://morethanthecurve.com/a-wave-...ckens-future/?

With the station right there I can't imagine it'll be anything other than a massive success.

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Jan 31, 2020 at 6:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 5:46 PM

Worth noting that preliminary work begun on the new Conshohocken septa station. Very preliminary, but noticeable. There is also a new sign outlining the work.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Second and third pictures look like they are showing the baggage pick up. I haven't been to Wilmington, but Trenton is also a small Frontier hub and the baggage building is separated from the main terminal. Once they offload the baggage from the plane they put them through the big bay doors, usually with a conveyor belt.
I've actually flown out of Wilmington Airport back in 2014 when Frontier was there before. The baggage claim was not in a separate building, it was in the terminal. Also, the floor plan of the new terminal stuff that they are building looks like it may or may not add a second floor with a few gates maybe with jetways/jetbridges like in bigger airports. I'm not 100% if that's exactly what they are doing, but it looks like it to me. So I don't understand why the baggage claim would be a second building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations