HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybox View Post
How much bigger is non-downtown LA vs downtown population wise etc?
I think Downtown's population is now about 80,000 - maybe a tad higher.

The city is 4 million.

The county is 10 million.

The region (Los Angeles Combined Statistical Area) is almost 19 million.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 1:39 AM

Well the Godfrey Hotel is definitely stalling. Not sure if its permit or finance related. Netflix on Vine is cruising. I'll take a couple pics tomorrow

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 1:29 AM

Pile construction has begun at: https://westedgela.com/

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 3:27 PM

Good to see the Martin Expo project FINALLY get underway. I believe that it will be a REALLY nice addition to the area. I believe that this area has great potential and really should get more projects that include residential, office, and retail. Anyway I don't want to get off topic. Like this project quite a bit and look forward to seeing it go up. Hopefully we get some more highrise projects in the area.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 6:41 PM

The project at Hillhurst/Hollywood/Sunset is now at ground level after months of excavation and subterranean work. Really excited to see this one rise. Los Feliz deserves a better gateway than the crappy environment that's there now. Still pissed about Good Luck Bar closing across the street, but once that property gets rehabbed (I think it's going to be a boutique hotel), that intersection should be much better.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 7:06 AM

Please let this happen during my lifetime lol!

From Curbed LA

‘Exciting’ Hollywood Boulevard makeover unveiled. But don’t call it radical
https://la.curbed.com/2020/1/31/2111...trian-friendly

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 4:24 AM

The best solution to Hollywood blvd.

Get rid of street parking on both sides. sorry not sorry. Widen the sidewalks. 4 lanes as is but add a red car/trolley car going both directions down the middle for that old Hollywood glam from La Brea to Sunset, get rid of bus traffic down this stretch. Trees, fixed sidewalks/new stars. And done.

The current plan just shrinks the road and makes the sidewalks overaly massive when half of that stretch of Hollywood blvd isnt insanely busy. LA also needs to step in and see whats goign on with all of those seedy businesses and abandoned store fronts/buildings between Vine and Highland. that gap needs to be fixed asap. This helps but doesnt actually fix the issues.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
The project at Hillhurst/Hollywood/Sunset is now at ground level after months of excavation and subterranean work. Really excited to see this one rise. Los Feliz deserves a better gateway than the crappy environment that's there now. Still pissed about Good Luck Bar closing across the street, but once that property gets rehabbed (I think it's going to be a boutique hotel), that intersection should be much better.
Totally agree. This is a game changer for the area. Wish they kept the alleyway though. Could have been a cool space for retail, etc, but this will do. Now if LA could only fix that intersection. It's a mess.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2020, 11:54 PM

Amoeba Music announces relocation from Sunset to Hollywood Blvd

Will be located in the recently finished El Centro apartment complex across from the Pantages Theater, W Hotel, and the Hollywood/Vine metro station

Link to video of the new space's interior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrRMJbdJBs

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Last edited by ChelseaFC; Feb 6, 2020 at 1:42 AM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post

Will be located in the recently finished El Centro apartment complex across from the Pantages Theater, W Hotel, and the Hollywood/Vine metro station
Great news for that block on Sunset.

The Jack in the Box on Sunset and Cahuenga is closing sometime in March. That should clear the way for site prep on the new hotel there.

We could see both these projects rise at the same time.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2020, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post

Link to video of the new space's interior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrRMJbdJBs

Nice to see the recent and upcoming additions to this stretch of Hollywood Blvd.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2020, 9:58 PM

Any updates on Century Plaza?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 2:03 AM
LADevelopmentMap.com

Quote:
Any updates on Century Plaza?
Yeah this is from last week (forgot to post it here, sorry!)

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 3:21 AM

Thanks for that, I assume they're on floors 29-30 by now

Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that, I assume they're on floors 29-30 by now
^^^
Only 16 floors to go to topout. Maybe 3 months? Is the final height of the towers going to be 600 feet? If so, about 50 feet taller than the triangle theme towers across the street. They will be impressive from the 405.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2020, 7:12 PM

Faring Proposes Five-Story Office Building for the Hornburg Car Dealer Site on Sunset

Quote:
Faring, perhaps West Hollywood’s most prolific real estate developer, is making plans to construct a five-story office building on land on Sunset Boulevard now occupied by Hornburg Los Angeles, the luxury automobile dealer.

In its application to the City of West Hollywood for a development permit, Faring says the five-story building will be 90 feet tall with a total floor area of 53,030 square feet, and the majority of that (43,510 square feet) will be used for offices. About 8,380 square feet will be devoted to restaurant and retail use. It would have a 1,000-square-foot digital billboard. The site, whose address is 9160-9176 Sunset Blvd., is on the southeast corner of Sunset Boulevard and Cory Avenue.

The building is planned to include two levels of underground parking with about 100 parking spaces and 12 spaces for bicycles. It also will include 10,394 square feet of open space. It will span three lots totaling 18,608 square feet. Office workers would enter the parking garage from driveways on Cory Avenue and on the rear lane off Carol Drive.

In its development permit application, Faring describes the project as “a visual and communal gateway to West Hollywood. Its curvilinear shape is contextual, but formally innovative. It recalls the vocabulary of streamline modernism without being literal or nostalgic.” Actual images were not included.
https://www.wehoville.com/2020/01/22...ite-on-sunset/

Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 4:07 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ The design sounds promising based on the description. Interested to see it. I actually like those chateau-style buildings; they have a weird kitsch quality to them that just feels very old LA, even if they are obviously derivative. If we're gonna replace one of those dwindling stock, would want the design to be a worthy one.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 3:47 AM

Exclamation Long Beach

https://urbanize.la/post/215-million...own-long-beach

Not sure how or when this happened, I was in Long Beach today and saw a massive hole in the ground, apparently Onni broke ground on their 21 story tower in Long Beach I guess last year. Its amazing how quickly Onni moves, they barely acquired the site in 2018, looks like they started digging in 2019, they move quick. I just wish they would change the design of their towers. They are all cookie cutter, this one is very different but in general in the middle of the pack.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 6:21 PM

Long-stalled plans for hotel at 8950 Sunset back on WeHo Planning Commission agenda

https://www.wehoville.com/2020/02/20...ission-agenda/

Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
https://urbanize.la/post/215-million...own-long-beach

Not sure how or when this happened, I was in Long Beach today and saw a massive hole in the ground, apparently Onni broke ground on their 21 story tower in Long Beach I guess last year. Its amazing how quickly Onni moves, they barely acquired the site in 2018, looks like they started digging in 2019, they move quick. I just wish they would change the design of their towers. They are all cookie cutter, this one is very different but in general in the middle of the pack.
Yeah nice, thanks for that! I agree the cookie cutter design of those cracker stacks by Onni is getting old.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations