HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 6:49 PM

I think having Whole Foods and Target there is a huge win.

The average shopper wants to shop were parking is easy though, so IMO that's why places like the Domain will always attract the bigger stores until our public transportation is better.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 7:48 PM
Love Austin

Sure does look nice. The huge sidewalks are a big win for the area. Interesting how many neighbors came out bemoaning how these buildings were way too tall. Looking at them, sure seems like another three-five stories would have been fine and would have provided more community benefits and needed housing. Sure wish we'd start thinking more about the needs of Austin 2025 than of Austin 1985. Thankful for Council Member Pio Renteria's continued leadership here. Many of his NIMBY curious colleagues did their best to kill this.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 5:22 AM
Everywhere all at once

I just love the precedent being set in central Austin these days by these clusters, and the consistency within them, of mid-rise residential or office with ground-level retail and great streets standards. East Austin is only one, East Riverside another, South Lamar, Mueller... the list goes on. The combination of factors gives me a sense that Austin could rebuild itself throughout as the most well-developed emergent urban center in recent memory.

If they could just get some damn train tracks laid we'd really be cooking with gas.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 12:38 AM

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 2:48 AM

Hello Target! Is that gonna be a full-size Target or a sort of mini-Target like the one at Dobie?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Hello Target! Is that gonna be a full-size Target or a sort of mini-Target like the one at Dobie?
This one is going to be around 30,000 sq ft, so rather small.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
This one is going to be around 30,000 sq ft, so rather small.
I guess that's to be expected of an urban store vs suburban big box. Hopefully it'll have all the goods of a regular target though. Still, glad that this and Whole Foods will be bringing in some good practical everyday stores to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
One thing I learned last year is that a full fledged sized Target has a capital T in "Target" and a small/mini Target has lower cased letters, "target"

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairkeith View Post
snip
Keith, did you happen to get any photos or take a look at the I-35 frontage side of the Saltillo Apartments? Last time I drove by it looked pretty disappointing design-wise. Maybe they've added some finishing touches that have spiced it up a little, but I can't tell from these pics.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
One thing I learned last year is that a full fledged sized Target has a capital T in "Target" and a small/mini Target has lower cased letters, "target"
Not true. They just renovated the Super Target in Pflugerville and it now sports the lowercase t logo.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 7:38 PM

I prefer stores with large 'T's.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2020, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
Not true. They just renovated the Super Target in Pflugerville and it now sports the lowercase t logo.
Ahhh that's strange. I remember seeing this and then noticing the smaller targets around my area: https://corporate.target.com/article...-format-stores

I guess I will keep a look out more to see if it's 100% true

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 3:54 PM

Five More Floors of Office and Retail Headed for East Austin’s Saltillo District

https://austin.towers.net/five-more-...illo-district/

The demolition of a long-empty East Austin warehouse dating back to the 1960s kicked off late last month at 1300 East Fifth Street, working to clear the site’s approximately 0.88-acre site — comprising a half-block facing East Fifth Street between Attayac and Navasota Streets — for the development of a five-story office building with ground-level retail space and three additional levels of underground parking

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 4:23 PM
Resident Moron

Anyone know what is going on with the old auto-shop and the Scoot Inn behind this project?

The Scoot in looks open, but I've walked by it several Friday nights in a row and its been closed. Not sure if thats covid related or if its gone.

I haven't been there since the SSSH's of the early aughts and it would be sad to lose one of the last last holdouts of the early days of the hipsterdom of the near-east side. Longbranch and TC's both changed hands already which would basically leave Shangri-la.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Anyone know what is going on with the old auto-shop and the Scoot Inn behind this project?

The Scoot in looks open, but I've walked by it several Friday nights in a row and its been closed. Not sure if thats covid related or if its gone.

I haven't been there since the SSSH's of the early aughts and it would be sad to lose one of the last last holdouts of the early days of the hipsterdom of the near-east side. Longbranch and TC's both changed hands already which would basically leave Shangri-la.
COVID. Live music schedule is back.

https://scootinnaustin.com

Old Posted Jun 5, 2021, 5:12 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SproutingTowers View Post
COVID. Live music schedule is back.

https://scootinnaustin.com
Great. It looked in better condition than it (ever?) has so it seemed odd it was closed.

The empty lot next to it along with the old building feel like a great rehab job for a beer garden as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin