HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 9, 2019, 10:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
And yet living in the US for a number of years mostly after illegally over staying and then entering Canada without documentation through non official border crossings and claiming asylum or refugee status is somehow okay?!?
What are you banging on about? Why are you referencing my post in relation to asylum seekers?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
And yet living in the US for a number of years mostly after illegally over staying and then entering Canada without documentation through non official border crossings and claiming asylum or refugee status is somehow okay?!?
Who ever said that's ok? You know most of those people get denied right....?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Sadly....tragically....the answer is "no....he doesn't"

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 6:53 PM

Most of the people get deported after hearings. The other ones with legitimate claims stay. The whiny public never follow up on that part.

The latest whiner outrage today is the City fining people for not cutting their grass. So just cut your damn grass then.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 7:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
So what exactly is the point of allowing people in from the US who are undocumented (many intentionally) and who can't qualify for Canadian citizenship in the first place? It's just tax dollars to vet them anyway right!?!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 7:24 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Most of the people get deported after hearings. The other ones with legitimate claims stay. The whiny public never follow up on that part.

The latest whiner outrage today is the City fining people for not cutting their grass. So just cut your damn grass then.
Cutting one's own grass is one thing, but I've heard stories of being compelled to cut grass outside one's property line which is kind of crazy. It was a lot on a street corner and the grass beyond the fence on the main road side was outside the guy's legal property line and the city wanted to make him take care of it so he replaced it with rocks and got a massive fine.

There are legitimate concerns
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 7:40 PM

That's extremely common and an expected out come of owning a corner lot. Even in old areas. Depending on where you live, half your front yard is on city property.

In old grid areas, that's not the case most of the time. But yes cut the boulevard. I don't really see why this is an issue. It's just the typical lazy people complaining about how the city is screwing them. Either cut it yourself, or pay via taxes for the city to get it cut. The whiners don't want either option. They want someone to magically just cut it.

Most of the whiners are people in new neighbourhoods who are dumfounded when they need to cut the corner area outside there fence. They're probably paying frontage levi's on the area too. It takes like 2 minutes to cut the boulevard. These are things you should be contemplating when buying property.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 8:26 PM

^^ I have a friend who owned a residential lot but didn't build on it for a number of years. He was still responsible for cutting the grass on it, and if he didn't do it in time, the city would do it and bill him. He didn't complain or whine about it, just accepted that if he left grass cutting too long he would have to pay for his mistake. It's really NOT that big a deal, unless one is looking to be outraged by something.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
It's really NOT that big a deal, unless one is looking to be outraged by something.
I think this could be said about pretty much any CBC Manitoba news story.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardlow View Post
I think this could be said about pretty much any CBC Manitoba news story.
Yes, they certainly work hard to create indignant and outraged headlines don't they?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 4:18 PM

^Problem is the Facebook peoples eat that stuff up. I don't really frequent Facebook. But it's all full of babies and people complaining. Everything is a huge deal and Winnipeg is soooo stupid and people are terrified to go outside and blah blah blah. Actually quite depressing.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 6:26 PM

Quote:
^Problem is the Facebook peoples eat that stuff up. I don't really frequent Facebook. But it's all full of babies and people complaining. Everything is a huge deal and Winnipeg is soooo stupid and people are terrified to go outside and blah blah blah. Actually quite depressing.
Yes it takes a concerted and ongoing effort to dispute this sort of nonsense. Trouble is, it provides both the easy, convenient stereotypes that lazy readers enjoy along with the self-flattering delusion of a wisdom and comprehension others lack. In other words they eat up the lie "they're all stoopid and I'm so smurt! "

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 4:11 PM

And by babies I meant the little people who are just born. Not cry babies.

My biggest concern would be the heavy anti Trudeau posting I see, which is warranted sure haha See his latest boxed water gaffe.

But it's so anti Trudeau, everyone is defaulting to Conservatives and fearless leader Scheer. When I would not want that dipshit to be in power either. He'd probably be worse, along the lines of Orange guy. I dislike politics for these reasons. Partisan junk.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 6:22 PM

People should be happy they get all that boulevard space in front of their houses without having to pay property taxes it. Cut it. You knew the rules when you bought the property, and if you (somehow) didn't – that's on you.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 6:46 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
And by babies I meant the little people who are just born. Not cry babies.

My biggest concern would be the heavy anti Trudeau posting I see, which is warranted sure haha See his latest boxed water gaffe.

But it's so anti Trudeau, everyone is defaulting to Conservatives and fearless leader Scheer. When I would not want that dipshit to be in power either. He'd probably be worse, along the lines of Orange guy. I dislike politics for these reasons. Partisan junk.
How is Scheer even remotely close to Trump? Say what you will about Trump but the dude's got a spine and is actually getting lots of what he campaigned on done. Scheer is way too wishy washy to be lumped into the same category and it would be basically business as usual in a Scheer government. He's basically the most innocuous politician ever, no personality at all.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 7:01 PM

Racist, homophobic, etc, etc, etc. He's a wanna be Trump. No platform, nothing. Just making the opponent look as bad as possible.

Trump is getting zero done by the way. He takes credit for a lot of stuff but actually hasn't done much. Everything he says is a lie. Putin owns him. What else should we say about Orange?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 7:21 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Racist, homophobic, etc, etc, etc. He's a wanna be Trump. No platform, nothing. Just making the opponent look as bad as possible.

Trump is getting zero done by the way. He takes credit for a lot of stuff but actually hasn't done much. Everything he says is a lie. Putin owns him. What else should we say about Orange?
Alright well clearly reasonable discussion isn't gonna happen here. bye

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 2:56 PM

Today in rich, frothy irony:

Ken Zaifman has appealed the subdivision of a lot in Tuxedo because it would negatively affect his neighbourhood's amenities and desirability.

The same Ken Zaifman who owns the St Charles, and who is currently overseeing its obvious demolition-by-neglect.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkborkbork View Post
Today in rich, frothy irony:

Ken Zaifman has appealed the subdivision of a lot in Tuxedo because it would negatively affect his neighbourhood's amenities and desirability.

The same Ken Zaifman who owns the St Charles, and who is currently overseeing its obvious demolition-by-neglect.
Good grief. If only he held himself to his own standards.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Good grief. If only he held himself to his own standards.
Is there any legitimate reason the city hasn't taken the St Charles away from him yet?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan