HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 11:46 PM
Proud Homer!

The Westin in Clayton (St. Louis) | 15 Floors

Westin Clayton Opens Spring 2012 Outside St. Louis
Monday, April 20, 2009

Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) and RJ York announce plans to open a newly constructed Westin hotel in Clayton, Missouri, an affluent suburb just west of St. Louis. Construction on the 245-room hotel will start in early 2010 with an opening scheduled for June of 2012. In addition to its heavenly inspired guest rooms, The Westin Clayton will offer upscale dining, ample meeting facilities and the full suite of Westin signature amenities and services.

This upscale 245 room hotel and retail multi-use project in Clayton, Missouri, is being developed by RJ York. The property has a highly visible location off I-64/I-170 in the heart of Clayton, a chic suburban St. Louis community that serves as the center of St. Louis County

The hotel is part of a larger $90 million development in Clayton by York that also includes a six-level, 377-space parking garage and about 17,000 square feet of retail space. Westin Clayton will be highly visible from downtown Clayton and from I-64 and I-170.

Old Posted May 5, 2009, 12:49 AM

It's too bad they knocked off 8 stories when they dropped the condo component. Unfortunately, I now won't be able to see it in the skyline view from my kitchen. That stretch of Central ave is really the heart and soul of the Clayton CBD. This will be a nice edition.

more here
http://www.ci.clayton.mo.us/FileSyst...%20website.pdf

Old Posted Aug 12, 2015, 6:47 PM

Cancelled

http://nextstl.com/2014/12/opus-plan...entral-avenue/

Quote:
The Clayton property is owned by neighboring Graybar, whose corporate headquarters sits immediately to the west. The property was purchased after the Westin development failed. Graybar had opposed a high-rise tower on the site, which would have blocked views for their existing building, and has now apparently identified a development it can support.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive