HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

50 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 2:24 AM

A google link to those images said 55 Hudson Yards, the link to the page is broken however and that view seems too high.

http://content.related.com/HYImages/...or-outdoor.jpg

http://content.related.com/HYImages/...astructure.jpg

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 3:35 AM
DENNAB

that view doesn't seem too high if it will be over 1000' The silver towers are 650 or so feet so that seems about right by comparison

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 5:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
that view doesn't seem too high if it will be over 1000' The silver towers are 650 or so feet so that seems about right by comparison

Doesn't tell you much about the height. Those are views from a buiding, about 900 ft or so above the west side. I still don't think it's anything final, just something else to look at.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 7:42 PM

It looks like it's back to the original design on this one based on the new models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 12:06 PM
New Yorker for life

"They can build all they want, but they better not lay a finger on my McDonald's..."

Anthony Elizondo

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 2:51 PM

Quote:
"They can build all they want, but they better not lay a finger on my McDonald's..."
LOL, you are right about that.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 3:30 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ Last drive-through McDonald's standing in Manhattan. But yes, it would be nice to keep it.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 4:29 PM

I hate to be that guy, but there are at least a couple of drive thru McDonalds in Harlem. One is even by Strivers Row, which shouldn't have such a waste of space near it.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 5:17 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
LOL, you are right about that.
Oh no, that's not from me. It's what the guy in the pic is thinking, as construction looms ever closer...

I say bulldoze it tonight!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2014, 6:01 PM
New Yorker for life

http://nypost.com/2014/08/11/jpmorga...sfp=3160509449

JPMorgan scoping out office space on West Side
Company is also reportedly moving some of its employees to New Jersey and Delaware

August 11, 2014

Quote:
JPMorgan Chase has held talks with major developers about moving its headquarters from Park Avenue to the World Trade Center or the Far West Side — at the same time it is planning to move a “significant” number of employees out of town.

As part of an overall real estate reshuffle, the financial giant plans to move an unspecified number of its New York City employees to New Jersey and Delaware, insiders said, although headquarters and trading operations would remain in Manhattan.

No decision has yet been made to move from 270 Park Ave., the bank’s longtime home, and sources termed talks with developers “exploratory.” JPMorgan Chase declined to make an official comment.

But sources confirmed on condition of anonymity that the global giant is in the midst of a “comprehensive” review of its real estate strategy.

In recent months, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon has “kicked the tires” at Related Cos.’ 50 Hudson Yards, a proposed 1,110-foot-tall, 2.3-million-square-foot skyscraper at 504-522 W. 34th St. The land is now owned by Coach Inc., but Related is to buy it for $130 million once Coach moves to its new home at Related’s 10 Hudson Yards three blocks south.

The bank has also talked with Brookfield Properties about its Manhattan West project, and with Vornado Realty Trust about its Hotel Pennsylvania development site. (Vornado chief Steven Roth hinted last week he might have a tenant to get the project started.)

It’s also talked to WTC developers Larry Silverstein and the Port Authority and Durst Organization about anchoring the proposed 2 WTC, or taking space in near-finished 1 and 4 WTC or in under-construction 3 WTC.

Whether or not JPMorgan Chase moves to a new building, Dimon is looking to further prune his Manhattan real estate portfolio following the sale of One Chase Plaza to a Chinese company last year.

JPMorgan Chase still owns 270 Park Ave., the former Bear Stearns tower at 383 Madison Ave., and part of Metrotech in Brooklyn.

Although 1959-vintage 270 Park Ave. has been modernized, 383 Madison has proven less efficient for trading operations than expected, insiders said.

“There are many issues in play,” a source explained. “Can their Midtown ‘campus’ remain viable? Besides moving people out of town, will they also save money down the line by consolidating into a new, signature building?”

Dimon is said to covet the tech and environmental benefits and long-term efficiencies possible only in brand-new buildings.

The Related site, for example, called 50 Hudson Yards, is a parcel west of 10th Avenue including the current home of Coach Inc. at 516 W. 34th St., which can be razed by Related and its partner Oxford Properties once Coach moves to its new tower.

Related has a “50 Hudson Yards” in planning stages for theoretical completion in 2019, but it would not be built without a tenant.

Reps for Related, Brookfield and Vornado didn’t get back to us. A rep for the city’s Economic Development Corp. had no comment.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 5:32 AM
New Yorker for life

http://nypost.com/2014/08/11/1460-br...or-a-makeover/

By Steve Cuozzo
August 11, 2014

Quote:
Our story on Monday about JPMorgan Chase’s real estate “review” — which might result in the bank leaving its 270 Park Ave. headquarters for a new Manhattan tower — drew some strangely spun follow-ups elsewhere.

One story suggested that the Jamie Dimon-led behemoth wanted to reshuffle its property deck because it has reduced its Manhattan workforce.
It’s true the bank has done that, for example relocating staff from One Chase Plaza downtown, which it sold to Brooklyn’s Metrotech.

But the real estate re-evaluation has more to do with future job pruning. The Manhattan haircut has barely begun, and bank insiders told us the bean-counters are taking a hard look at how many positions in support areas can be transferred to buildings JPMorgan owns in New Jersey and in Delaware, where it recently bought a 357,000 square-foot complex.

We’re also a tad skeptical of suggestions that Dimon’s interest in development sites such as Related Cos.’ 50 Hudson Yards is merely a passing whim of the sort every CEO entertains about new product. Nothing may come of it, of course — but no one should write it off as mere window shopping.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 10:32 AM
don't *meddle*...

1,110 feet, hu? We need some solid 1,000 footers so the height increase is most weclome.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 10:59 AM
BANNED

is this the mcdonalds site? These numbers are so confusing.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
yes, the different terminology/numbers is confusing.
AFAIK 50 HY includes the the McD's.
Vertical_Gotham at SSC has a handy map:
http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/or...84e4915278.jpg
Vertical_Gotham

Old Posted Aug 12, 2014, 9:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
1,110 feet, hu? We need some solid 1,000 footers so the height increase is most weclome.
I still wouldn't bank on that being the final height though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
This should really be 2 Hudson Blvd, the second of the "four corners" towers, but Related is tying everything in to its railyard development. 55 Hudson Yards should be 1 Hudson Blvd. Extell was going with 1 Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 4:30 PM

I agree with you NYguy. This McDonalds is iconic in my opinion. Not to mention, it's served me and my friends after partying at the West Side megaclubs.

Quote:

Anthony Elizondo

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 6:12 PM

^ I am with you but I don't think NYguy shares our love for that McDonalds LOL.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 6:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The man in the bottom middle of the pic seems to agree. He's not looking at the tower nor traffic, but the McDonalds! In fact, he probably made a pilgrimage to it based on his bookbag.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanses View Post
I agree with you NYguy. This McDonalds is iconic in my opinion. Not to mention, it's served me and my friends after partying at the West Side megaclubs.
That McDonald's is an ugly blight and needs to be blown to smithereens and replaced with a beautiful tower and trees.

Such a dire looking photograph there.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 8:14 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

it would be fun to have a ceremonial explosion of this mcDs.

and I thought the one on the Lancaster Ave 476 exit in Philly was bad...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture