HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 2:48 AM
BANNED

UCalgary Medicine

The University of Calgary's Faculty of Medicine is a prominent research intensive school, particularly in the areas of Cardiovascular Sciences, Brain, and Infection/Immunity/Inflammation. The Faculty, beyond being a substantial employer and generator of knowledge, is also an economic engine of sorts. Additionally, the advancements at UCalgary Medicine often also result in fantastic treatment, and unique treatment options, for those in the region. Thought this is worthy of a new thread.

Exhibit A - Brand new cardiac electrophysiology procedures being offered in Calgary at the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta:

Video Link

Once in a while, they also build cool buildings

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 7:43 PM
BANNED

New UCalgary video

Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 6:24 PM
BANNED

I know many of the folks on this list are UCalgary types but likely only visit the main campus and not the health sciences campus (connected to the foothills hospital). The cardiovascular institute is having a burger BBQ in support of the united way ($5 incl. pop - with min. $2 of that going directly to the charity) on September 20th (11:30-1:30) in the HRIC atrium, so it might be a great opportunity to come by and check out the buildings, have some grub, and support a good cause.

HRIC atrium:

Above photo released into public domain, per Wikipedia

On the same topic of UCalgary buildings, I visited the downtown campus a few weeks ago. The outside looks fantastic! That being said, the inside is quite industrial and was not what I was expecting. I suppose industrial is alright, but I couldn't see any space there that I'd be drawn to come and visit just to look at. Not sure if others have visited and share what I felt, or alternatively found it more appealing?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2012, 10:42 PM
BANNED

Just picked this up from one of AHS' twitter feeds.

Book takes history to heart
Authors chart 80-year story of Alberta cardiac institute
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/7430.asp

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy