HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 2:24 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2047 View Post
I like this team's identity more this year than last however.
So do I! The bitterness of this summer is totally a distant memory for me. This year's team feels so organic in how the players now stepping are coming from within the system. Last year we threw the dice, got some mercenaries, and it worked out. But the team this year feels so much more satisfying in how it has come together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2047 View Post
KL moving on was in many ways a win win.
More for us, I think. Okay, call me a homer. Still, I think he'll regret it down the road, just like Vince and Tracy have both said that in retrospect they should have stayed in Toronto. If there's any justice, karma will bite Kawhi in the butt.

And I don't miss him at all. At all. I grimace now when I hear his barking when he drives to the hoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Star players usually beat team efforts however, I think the Raptors are as strong as they were last year.
This is definitely the received wisdom about the NBA playoffs. But I agree that they look as good now as they did last year, and who knows, maybe the Raptors can break the mould by bringing a team game to the finals?

Either way, I'm absolutely loving watching Pascal's development. It's astonishing and wondrous. And it's gratifying that the talking heads are finally taking notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
I have total faith in Nurse based on what we've already seen in his short time as HC, but I'm very intrigued to see how it plays out in the playoffs this year.
I think half the fun of this year is in anticipating how far the Raps can go without a marquee player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
Kawhi's calming offensive presence is what will be missed most. Siakam has made unbelievable progress, making step-back and pull-up threes with apparent ease. He still has a ways to go before he's on that Harden, Kawhi, Giannis level where you hand him the ball and ask him to make "The Shot"
And the other half is watching Pascal develop. Seems like the sky's the limit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada