HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 1:30 AM

Anymore new restaurants planned?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 1:37 AM

I'm excited for the north side extension, but I'm more excited about the south side, I walked all the way south throught the king williams street area and it still comes to an end like the first time I walked on it. It's beautiful. I've always wanted to walk the whole river walk in one day but I've never done it and now it's getting harder to do. This last time I visited I managed to walk the whole north, south and loop, but I didn't get to go down the part that goes to rivercenter and the convention center, I was really close to walking the whole thing--It's already huge.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Anymore new restaurants planned?
Yes they have plans for restaurants, another mall, apartments, hotels and condos, but I'm not sure on specifics

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 1:47 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliendroid View Post
Yes they have plans for restaurants, another mall, apartments, hotels and condos, but I'm not sure on specifics
Another mall? That's the first I've heard of that.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 3:29 AM

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2007, 7:34 AM

Is that the Old Tropicana in the first pic?
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 10:33 PM
Squint Like Clint

Those renderings look incredible! I love the River Walk and certainly look forward to seeing it someday when all the new stuff is added.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 9:32 PM

Old subject, looking at the tunnel "inlet" picture, it is actually the outlet on the south east section of downtown near the old CPS power plant.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2008, 10:48 AM

All 13 miles:

Southside <------------------------------ Downtown ------------------------------> Northside

Confluence Park and Theater:

Old Posted Aug 18, 2008, 10:53 PM

This is so cool.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2008, 4:50 PM

That looks Great! I wish we could actually see some progress on the Trinity here.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2008, 2:28 AM

SO VERY VERY COOL..... I am so excited about this

Old Posted Sep 19, 2008, 5:37 PM
Closed account

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 9:29 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

From the SAMA website:
http://www.samuseum.org/press/releasedetail.php?id=39

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO – In conjunction with the San Antonio River Improvement Project, the San Antonio Museum of Art is currently engaged in one of the most significant campus improvements of its history, due for completion in May 2009. The new River Landing on the north side of the Museum’s property will comprise a River Pavilion, covered walkway and covered Terrace, creating an attractive and welcoming presence for SAMA along the river and providing the Museum with its first ever guest access to the Riverwalk.

“The San Antonio Museum of Art owns the longest stretch of riverfront property in town,” Marion Oettinger, Jr, the Betty and Bob Kelso Director of the Museum said. “To finally have pedestrian and barge access to the Riverwalk’s many visitors is an incredible opportunity for SAMA to increase access to our events and collections, and enhance SAMA’s visibility in the community.”

The River Pavilion, located behind the existing Cowden Gallery, will be a 3,464 square foot covered patio facing the River, open for both Museum and public events, such as festivals, receptions, lectures and meetings. The Pavilion will include men’s and women’s restrooms, a staging area for caterers and a ticket/security booth. The space can accommodate 300 people.

The River Pavilion will be linked to the existing Beretta Hops House and Luby Courtyard by an attractive 1,045 square foot covered walkway. A 1,473 square foot covered Terrace overlooking the River will be constructed along the north side of the Beretta Hops House. The Terrace will provide additional space for Hops House activities such as meetings and workshops.The new facilities and SAMA’s grounds along the river will be landscaped with native vines and flowering plants, adding to the aesthetic beauty of the area.

The design of the Pavilion is also environmentally sustainable, using the cool breeze from the River to support ventilation and capturing rainwater in cisterns to be used for irrigation. SAMA is working with Overland Partners, architects, on the River Landing and Zachry Construction is SAMA’s general contractor for River Development. Overland has a long history with SAMA, having designed the Lenora and Walter F. Brown Asian Art Wing and the Nelson A. Rockefeller Center for Latin American Art. “Both Overland and Zachry have been outstanding partners on this project,” noted Dan Walton, Director of Operations. “We couldn’t be more pleased.”

“Taking advantage of this public investment along SAMA’s riverfront property means we can coordinate our construction in tandem with the Museum Reach project and ensure maximum cost savings” added Oettinger, “but it also fulfills the Museum’s long-term goals to improve our campus and increase access to the Museum. We hope the increased visibility and access will not only boost annual attendance, but expand the Museum’s capacity to offer events and activities to our members and the general public.”

Old Posted May 15, 2009, 7:19 PM

Museum Reach river water returns

from mysa.com

By Tracy Idell Hamilton - Express-News
Quote:
With a countdown and a trickle, the 2-mile stretch of river that's been under construction for the past two years began to fill back up on Friday morning.

Known as the urban segment of the Museum Reach of the river improvements project, the $72 million transformation will be celebrated in grand style on May 30 – but first, water that had been diverted so crews could turn a trash-filled, overgrown ditch into a manicured extension of the River Walk had to be put back.

Mayor Phil Hardberger, who made the revival of the river a centerpiece of his tenure, led the countdown along with County Judge Nelson Wolff and Tom Weaver, chairman of the San Antonio River Authority, which oversaw the project.

read more...
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Old Posted May 17, 2009, 6:10 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Old Posted May 17, 2009, 8:03 PM

The Pearl

Old Posted May 17, 2009, 8:07 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
The front page belonged to River North and the Pearl today.
Thanks for posting these...

I see that Ed Cross has 3 tracts. Hope he acquires a few more...

Old Posted May 17, 2009, 11:39 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Looks like Cross finally has the financing to finish the Broadway monolith according to the article.

Old Posted May 18, 2009, 1:55 AM

A few pics i took today of River extension towards the pearl and SA Musuem of Art, will post other pics later.

Last edited by Paul in S.A TX; May 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio