HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 12:14 AM

Toronto based Primaris REIT acquired the Halifax Shopping Center in November for $370 million.

Then in December they upsized their unsecured revolving credit facility to: "ensure excellent liquidity and financial capacity for opportunities we see in the market."

I'm wondering if CF Champlain Place could be on their radar? It's interesting to note that the Simons department store will be opening in the Halifax Shopping Center this week. It's the only location in the Atlantic provinces. Logistically, having a 2nd location in the east would make a lot of sense.

I wonder what the odds would be of Primaris acquiring CF Champlain, and Simons replacing Sobeys with a renovated and rejuvenated west end of the mall? It's probably all just a coincidence though. But I'd love to see it.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2024, 7:54 PM

Primaris also owns Freddy and SJ's big malls already, so if they want the NB Hattrick, Champlain would certainly be on their radar. Could be some big shakeups coming in the months to come.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces