HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 9, 2013, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctochico View Post
well he says i don't need lawyer for getting my money back,

but if i were to back out of the deal, i would need a lawyer to get my original desposit back becuase that was done last yr.

so really..its pretty much pay now, and then go to court yourself and get your money back...which my lawyer said will be easy to win since they dont' have proof on any of the documents that have me paying the extra.
The problem is FWS. Mechanical guys dabbling in the rest of the world. I deal with them a lot. I'm on the civil engineering side and they do things totally upside down. But they probably same the same thing about me.

The man trying to strong arm the regular Joe. And really, $500 bucks? On a what, $300,000 deal.... They must be scraping the bottom to make a profit.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2013, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The problem is FWS. Mechanical guys dabbling in the rest of the world. I deal with them a lot. I'm on the civil engineering side and they do things totally upside down. But they probably same the same thing about me.

The man trying to strong arm the regular Joe. And really, $500 bucks? On a what, $300,000 deal.... They must be scraping the bottom to make a profit.
seriously. i mean..im just obeying my contract..if it was on there i'd have no problems, the fact that they admitted it too that they're wrong, and both lawyers are in agreement with me...cant' get much easier than that...telling me that the other tenants are paying it, so show me then...thats all i ask. seriously..go back to school and learn something. the power of the key holder..whatcha gonna do.....

Old Posted Oct 9, 2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctochico View Post
seriously. i mean..im just obeying my contract..if it was on there i'd have no problems, the fact that they admitted it too that they're wrong, and both lawyers are in agreement with me...cant' get much easier than that...telling me that the other tenants are paying it, so show me then...thats all i ask. seriously..go back to school and learn something. the power of the key holder..whatcha gonna do.....
Hey - I sent you a DM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 4:04 PM

Time for James Avenue Parkade: CentreVenture
Friday, October 11

CentreVentre is circling the block for a new Exchange District parkade.

The downtown development corporation will ask the city on Wednesday to start seeking bids to build a parkade on James Avenue.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/1...-centreventure

Breaking news, they want to build a parking lot on James Ave(oops I mean parkade we already have a parking lot thier). Bids anyone?

Last edited by Cyro; Oct 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM. Reason: oops said parking lot..fixed it

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
Time for James Avenue Parkade: CentreVenture
Friday, October 11

CentreVentre is circling the block for a new Exchange District parkade.

The downtown development corporation will ask the city on Wednesday to start seeking bids to build a parkade on James Avenue.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/10/1...-centreventure

Breaking news, they wan't to build a parking lot on James Ave(oops I mean parkade we already have a prarking lot thier). Bids anyone?
About time! Hopefully the highrise Pumphouse apartments also goes through.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange View Post
About time! Hopefully the highrise Pumphouse apartments also goes through.
I believe there's a meeting to oppose the Pumphouse apartments shortly, as well as a petition against the height of the proposal.

Here are the details of the meeting, but I do not know if this is specifically to oppose the development, or simply to discuss the development where some people plan to express opposition:

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:01 PM
To: Pumphouse Neighbourhood
Subject: Re: Notes and Upcoming Meeting Date

Hi All,

Just a small update since there has been a change of plans regarding our next meeting.

It will now be:

Wednesday, October 23rd.
at Wanda's Studio (72 Henry Ave.)
at 7:00 pm.

Sorry for any inconvenience this change may cause.

Hope you can all make it.

Please RSVP before October 18.

All the best,

Tanya

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 8:05 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

im all for the proposed tower on the pump house and would love to see a mix us of its site

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
I believe there's a meeting to oppose the Pumphouse apartments shortly, as well as a petition against the height of the proposal.

Here are the details of the meeting, but I do not know if this is specifically to oppose the development, or simply to discuss the development where some people plan to express opposition:
A meeting for NIBBYS. Great. They always get their way.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 10:12 PM

When people take issue with building heights at Kenaston and McGillivray, I don't agree with them but I can at least understand where people are coming from being suburbia and all. But opposing height in the middle of downtown Winnipeg? For real? Give me a break.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2013, 10:26 PM

I have too much time on my hands ..I appologize.....

Before(as is)

www.winnipegsun.com

After (proposed)

www.winnipegsun.com

It's amazing how a dozen people have the ability/determination to leave the site in it's earlier original (pristine condition) 1906 rather than incorporate it into a developement that would benifit the entire neighborhood and increase the vibrancy of the area?..... Don't you love this town.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 12:44 AM

I was pretty frank with our building's representative for the opposition about things, over email. They seem to think there are ways to develop the existing building without putting a 20 storey tower on top.

Although, he kinda contradicted that when he suggested to me "At some point one wonders if it isn't better to look at a fresh new start in an environment that can make sense for retailers and service providers."

At which point I basically responded "Sorry, but if the suggestion is that we should demolish the building and start fresh with a suburban-looking building like the one we live in now then you've completely lost me."

After that he suggested "Actually some alternate ideas for the area are spectacular utilizing the structure and don't include a 24 story tower‎." I'd be interested in what they think is possible.

I'm all for the tower. I want some density. I've walked by the site daily for 3.5 years now and since day one I've envisioned a tower with the existing building as a podium.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 1:17 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

on another note
a new co-op multi stake holder type space is being started by frame arts wearhouse called media hub at 72 princess theres old cbc sound studios in there that i am working on getting up and runing if anyones got anything to donate let me know. or know of stuff being thrown away?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 5:42 AM
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
on another note
a new co-op multi stake holder type space is being started by frame arts wearhouse called media hub at 72 princess theres old cbc sound studios in there that i am working on getting up and runing if anyones got anything to donate let me know. or know of stuff being thrown away?

Beautiful space! I would love to have that view every day.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 5:01 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

its 4000 sqft
with a kitchen offices
elevator sound studio a balcony looking over the dance hall its an amazing space aparently theres another one down the st on princess thats a spring loaded dance floor thats one of 2 left in the world or something silly like that

Last edited by 1ajs; Oct 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 4:02 PM

^^^ great space, the whole area is/was amazing for these types of settings. Used to Jam in one of the buildings that is now the RRC campus. Quite a few Winnipeg musicians got thier 1st starts in this area.

THE City of Winnipeg is again offering $5 million to potential builders of a new parkade on the east side of the Exchange District.

In 2011, the Winnipeg Parking Authority made a search for private companies interested in building a parkade in the East Exchange, using $5 million worth of proceeds from the $23.6-million sale of the Winnipeg Square Parkade.

The cash was awarded to a consortium involving property developers Sunstone and Qualico, which both own new condominium buildings in the East Exchange. Their plan was to build a 450-stall parkade on a James Avenue surface lot owned by the Manitoba Centennial Centre, a provincial Crown corporation. The province offered the land on the condition it would spur residential development.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...228137011.html

I appologize if this has been posted already, but it appears to go on and on.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 4:58 PM

Should have added these photos with the above ^ post.

http://www.keshetldorvdor.com

RRC Exchange District Campus -- 160 Princess Street, Winnipeg

http://www.insightguides.com/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
work starting on St. Chares Hotel?? they're tearing off the siding and exposing the brick underneath.

from https://twitter.com/garethduplooy
Nice add HH...finally some movement.

The St. Charles Hotel, built in 1913, has been vacant since 2008. (Google Street View)

St. Charles Hotel owner meets city deadline
Ken Zaifman was required to make upgrades or have city take over historic property
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...line-1.1866357

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 6:49 PM

Construction crew noticed today on the roof of the Porter Building. Don't know why. For Sale signs sill in the front windows though.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 7:34 PM
the first stamp is free

^ might be roofing inspectors...

Old Posted Oct 21, 2013, 7:44 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

would imagin its getting close to needing a new one

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan