HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 2:28 PM

Subway Fans - Toronto's Subway Enthusiasts --- Just launched and looking for help

Hello all! We would like your help to build Subway Fans!

Our original site, O-Train Fans has been going strong for over 2 years time and we are now expanding to Toronto and would like your help. We are looking for passionate volunteer contributors to help snap photos and write informational pages on the trains, stations and lines for Subway Fans (www.subwayfans.ca)

If you have already visited O-Train Fans in the past (www.otrainfans.ca), the goal is simple, to highlight and showcase the transit system in a clean, professional and informative way for enthusiasts and the general public alike. These systems are multi-faceted with so much to learn and discover and appreciate. Through our sites and your contributions we hope to share this knowledge with others.

Our forum also has started some sections for Toronto as well (including streetcars and GO). Feel free to join.

Whether you want to help by contributing (text information and photos) for one train or station, several or many, your time and effort helps us build our sites, filled with information for transit and enthusiasts as well as the general public.

If you would like to join and help contribute, please reach out to us by sending an email to media@railfans.ca. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2022, 1:10 AM

Hi All,
I Saw this Thread By Chance. When I Used to Live in the East, I Used to Rail Fan the
TTC Subways & Street Cars When I Visited Toronto, We Didn't Have GO Transit at the Time. It Was Just the H Subway Cars & the PCC Cars. It Was Great for Its Time. Had
a Lot of Fun.Its all Changed Now, but I Still Have Fond Memories of Subway & Street
Car Railfanning. There is a Person in Toronto Known as "Transmainia Ontario" (Do a
Google Search.)This Person Does Videos Using the TTC Subways & Street Cars. Might
Find it Interesting.

Tnx, Operater, Calgary. cnrex6218@gmail.com

Old Posted Feb 8, 2022, 1:08 PM

I'm from Vancouver and have always appreciated that Toronto's subway was by far the first in Canada, the Yonge Street line opening 1n 1954 if I understand correctly.
However, what I could not understand was for years, there was only the main East-West line, and the Yonge Street Line looping into the University Ave / Spadina line, which I will admit extends far.
But I was surprised that the crosstown Eglington LRT was finally given the construction green light and that now several other 'linking up' lines are planned.
Toronto is a great city and deserves and needs a top-notch rapid rail system, which seems to be coming down the pipeline (some of already being here, like the nascent Crosstown Eglinton LRT, GO trains, the already-lengthy subway, etc).
If I may say it, Vancouver's system of Skytrain and Canada Line is worth checking out. It already has 160 million pax/year bigger numbers than for much larger San Francisco's BART at 118 million (1)fnnad in fact ranks Eighth (8th) for all North American urban rail transport systems in passenger numbers. Canadian cities generally do well at planning urban rail transit, especially relative to the size of the cities here.
(fn2)

1:/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Area_Rapid_Transit
2:/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_ridership

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 2:55 PM
I am the law!

I sometimes wonder how more extensive the ICTS/Skytrain network would be in Toronto if the tech had taking off globally despite the higher costs and capacities to LRT. Also, would it be a good system for today if a more extensive network had been built?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto