HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Trump Towers Atlanta Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Atlanta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 1:37 PM

Trump apprentice may work here
Atlanta Business Chronicle - April 13, 2007by Jill Lerner FriedmanStaff Writer
Donald Trump's next apprentice may be coming to Atlanta.

The winner of Trump's reality show, set in Los Angeles this season, will be given the opportunity to oversee the $500 million-plus Trump Towers Atlanta.

The Atlanta project, at 15th and West Peachtree streets, will be one of two options, and has a high likelihood of being selected, according to a source familiar with the choices.

Trump and daughter Ivanka will be in Atlanta April 13 for a Trump Towers Atlanta broker event.

The appearance by father and daughter, along with the Atlanta tie-in to "The Apprentice," are sure to generate publicity for the development -- underscoring the importance of Trump Towers Atlanta to its namesake.

The reality show, now in its sixth season, follows 18 candidates as they vie to become Trump's "apprentice" and win the opportunity to work for the famed developer; each week, a contestant is "fired" from the competition.

Season one's winner, Bill Rancic, opted for the job of overseeing a 90-story Trump project in Chicago.

Several Atlantans have appeared as contestants.

While Ivanka and Don Jr. are leading the Atlanta project for their father's company, Trump said in a phone interview that he is a regular visitor to Atlanta and was not surprised when the U.S. Census Bureau announced earlier this month that Atlanta had added more residents than any other metro area from 2000 to 2006.

Atlanta absorbed about 890,000 residents during the period.

"I'm there quite a bit; it's an area I love," Trump said.

The population growth, he added, "was obvious to me."

The Trump Towers Atlanta preview office officially opens the weekend of April 14 and developers already have more than 1,000 names on a waiting list to buy units, according to Mark Randall, director of Atlanta-based Wood Partners LLC, which is joint-venturing with the New York-based Trump Organization and New York-based Dezer Properties Inc. to build Trump Towers Atlanta.

The preview office is located at Kenji Design Studios -- a design firm run by singer Kenny Rogers and his business partner Jim Weinberg -- which is consulting for Trump Towers Atlanta.

Randall said a survey of more than 600 people on the wait list indicated that a majority plan to live at the property rather than buy solely as an investment for re-sale.

Developers hope to begin construction on the first phase -- which will include more than 360 units -- in August. Expected completion is early 2010.

The second phase calls for 200 units.

R.J. Griffin & Co. in Atlanta is the general contractor for Trump Towers Atlanta and the architect is The Preston Partnership.

Dutch firm Global State Investments is the financial partner for the project and Merrill Lynch & Company Inc. is the lender.

Wood Partners and Dezer are in talks with Trump to partner on projects in Seattle and possibly Los Angeles as well.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 1:58 PM
Urban Explorer

Good news that 1000 people are on the waiting list....no so great news that they quote an August start, when the ABC reported a few weeks ago that it would break ground in June.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 2:03 PM
RePpiN GR sTreeTz !

Impressive.

-FerrariEnzo is the coolest forumer ever.

[>>]-Grand Rapids Boom Rundown-[<<]

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 5:59 PM

Pretty Impressive but not as impressed as I would've been. I wonder how I would've thought about it if I saw this before I saw the Mandarin post.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtec View Post
Pretty Impressive but not as impressed as I would've been. I wonder how I would've thought about it if I saw this before I saw the Mandarin post.
careful, markets might cut you for saying something - anything - negative about a developer. hehe

other than chicago, i can't really think of any other city where trump built a truly standout building. his new york developments are nice, but so is this - nice, but not amazing. i'd actually go as far as saying trump towers atlanta seem to be more attractive than most others out there; look at philly's or tampa's for example.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
careful, markets might cut you for saying something - anything - negative about a developer. hehe

other than chicago, i can't really think of any other city where trump built a truly standout building. his new york developments are nice, but so is this - nice, but not amazing. i'd actually go as far as saying trump towers atlanta seem to be more attractive than most others out there; look at philly's or tampa's for example.
Alright -- my CrackBerry is on the fritz, and I am downright crotchety today! But a fresh pot of coffee has restored my mellow outlook. Apologies to cokezero and innocent bystanders for my irritability. Dammit.

I agree with your assessment of Trump Towers Atlanta. There can only be one "best" -- and that one clearly is rising by the Chicago River -- but that doesn't mean that anything less can't still be very good. TTA is pretty damned nice, and will make a beautiful addition to the Midtown skyline. And I think the Mandarin renderings are beautiful. In general, unless a new tower is just plain butt-ugly, I'll tip my hat to the developer and hope he builds more...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 7:01 PM

Hey, until some actual dirt is moved and some concrete poured, TTA can still look any way it wants.

BY THE WAY... the website was updated with a VIRTUAL tour of the project.... in case
anyone is interested.

Last edited by ThrashATL; Apr 13, 2007 at 7:35 PM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 11:13 PM
JoeCooper

As strange as this may sound, does anyone think that there is a possability of a height increase for both towers seeing as how the sales may be way better than projected?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
As strange as this may sound, does anyone think that there is a possability of a height increase for both towers seeing as how the sales may be way better than projected?
I sure hope so... after watching the virtual tour I was disappointed with how short the towers looked. I mean, I'm glad they're being built at all, but I was surprised by their relatively short appearance

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 12:12 AM

I wouldn't mind a height increase, but it isn't necessary.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking1056 View Post
I sure hope so... after watching the virtual tour I was disappointed with how short the towers looked. I mean, I'm glad they're being built at all, but I was surprised by their relatively short appearance
thats exactly what I was thinking.....i mean this is TRUMP...I'm way more excited by the Mandarin project than this one right now.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:24 AM

Remember though, it is just the Trump name, not actually his group doing the construction. I think it would be more eye catching if they were taller, and I guess it could happen but...

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 4:13 AM

I don't think that the virtual tour is that accurate though. It shows the 4 Seasons towering over 1180 Peachtree and according to this site building diagram, 4 Seasons is shorter, plus someone posted eailer that the height for the 47 story tower was 576ft and 1280 West is only about 400ft. I don't know, I just hope it gets built!!!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 4:37 AM

The towers really do look wee. ...and ATLBlaxican, while I'm sure the tour wasn't exactly to scale all the time, you'd figure that they'd do as much as possible to make the two buildings in question pretty accurate.

I wish this would make more of a dent on the skyline and less of a dent at street level. That big ole fountain is kinda cool and certainly distinctive, but to me it's just one more impediment to a more pedestrian-friendly city.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 4:07 PM

Anyone watch the show last night? They had the Trump Atlanta as a choice, the winner went with the other one though, but it was still a very good plug for this project.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2007, 7:47 PM
BANNED

i hate donald trump, but congrads Atlanta...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
I don't think it can happen. I asked Wood about the possibility of that and he said the two towers, as is, maxed out the zoning / FAR for the parcel.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3eblover View Post
thats exactly what I was thinking.....i mean this is TRUMP...I'm way more excited by the Mandarin project than this one right now.
Ah...perhaps the Mandarin project might influence the Trump Project to go a little higher???

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 2:02 AM

So how tall will these towers be in feet? 500 feet?

Old Posted May 3, 2007, 3:09 AM
Tribune in all her glory.

I have a feeling they might do some adjustments before they start construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive