HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 9:20 PM

Vision unveiled for West End Mall’s rebirth

Quote:
Elevator City Partners, a firm founded by Atlanta Beltline visionary Ryan Gravel and venture capitalist Donray Von, released new renderings today that show the overarching vision for the mall’s potential $400-million replacement.

The district would transform 12.5 acres about a mile southwest of downtown Atlanta into a retail, residential, cultural, and office destination, with a public green-space component and a MARTA station a block away.

An ECP rep told Curbed Atlanta, “We don’t have a ballpark timeline yet on initial construction,” but the project is described as a multi-phase, multi-year venture in a press release update that accompanied the new renderings.
https://atlanta.curbed.com/2020/1/21...elopment-close

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 10:16 PM

Ooh, I bet Gavel will be filling this development up with affordable housing.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 10:17 PM

Damn!!! That’s a helluva proposal.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Right on.

I didn’t grab a photo, but the Auburn Ave infill project (i think at Piedmont) is coming along nicely in downtown. Looks to be a great addition. Think there’s a newer rendering than the following:
Going back to this project....this rendering that you posted was the student housing project proposed at Edgewood and Auburn....the project under construction right now is a couple of blocks east. Here's the rendering and current construction pic...I never knew this project was proposed here.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 2:40 AM

But a tweet from the "South Downtown" twitter account is saying it's a movie set and not permanant construction. Hmm...

https://twitter.com/SouthDowntown/st...87004919058433

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
But a tweet from the "South Downtown" twitter account is saying it's a movie set and not permanent construction. Hmm...

https://twitter.com/SouthDowntown/st...87004919058433
I saw those renderings and I thought it was quite odd that there is so little info about the project, especially for a project under construction.  And I thought the construction looked weird as well. Now it makes sense. 

Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I saw those renderings and I thought it was quite odd that there is so little info about the project, especially for a project under construction.  And I thought the construction looked weird as well. Now it makes sense. 
Yeah I think this is a movie set as well. Construction does not go this fast and I'm pretty aware of most projects in this city...this wouldn't have gone by me. Interesting they would build all of this just for a movie.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 5:10 AM

New render for the Star Metals hotel

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 2:14 PM

The rendering is from this construction update.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 3:09 AM

Man! I love that project. The hotel has been VE'd but still looks great.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 1:40 AM

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 4:30 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
New render for the Star Metals hotel

Looks like the updated rendering is right on-time:

Star Metals Developer Joining Stormont Hospitality For New Hotel Development Arm

The developer of the Star Metals project is joining forces with a hotel builder to develop and operate two boutique hotels in Atlanta. Allen Morris Co. has formed a partnership with Stormont Hospitality Group to buy and develop hotels in the Southeast, it announced Tuesday. The venture, dubbed AMS Hospitality, has already targeted two local projects: a 176-room Star Metals Hotel that will deliver at the end of 2021 and the 205-room Midtown Union Hotel, which is part of MetLife Investment Management's Midtown Union mixed-use campus. Florida-based Allen Morris will continue developing office, multifamily and mixed-use projects. Stormont and all its current employees will be rolled under the AMS umbrella. The new company is working on a pipeline of new hotel projects in Georgia, North Carolina and Florida, officials said in a release. “Many of our mixed-use projects will be including hospitality aspects to them,” Allen Morris Co. Chairman Allen Morris told Bisnow. "That's why this is so important." Allen Morris is underway in West Midtown with its Star Metals District project, a mixed-use development that will include a 262K SF office building anchored by coworking provider Spaces, a 409-unit apartment complex and 50K SF of retail on the ground floor of the office building. The hotel will rise next to the office building. AMS' Midtown Union project will be next to MetLife's planned office tower that will be home to Invesco. Both hotels will be operated by independent hotel operators, but Morris did not say which ones. Like many of the new hotels sprouting up, both of AMS' projects will be heavily focused on food and entertainment, Allen Morris Chief Operating Officer Peter DiCorpo said. DiCorpo said the Midtown Union hotel will be designed with themes related to the nearby High Museum of Art. The Star Metals Hotel will include a rooftop restaurant and a jazz club on the ground floor.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...medium=Browser

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 5:11 PM

The Front Porch @ Auburn Avenue

Interesting project.

Details from Loopnet...https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/348-...a-GA/17663834/
Quote:
The Front Porch at Auburn Avenue is a mixed use redevelopment project with 38,000 sf of retail space, 13,000 sf of residential space for rent and 18,600 sf of residential space for sale.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 9:11 PM

675 W Peachtree transformation

Quote:
Collaborating with S Wilkinson Inc on potential building modifications, we developed ideas that redefine the overall scale, connect with the surrounding urban fabric & create a definitive destination within the southern portion of Midtown.

https://twitter.com/HGOR_ATL/status/1222972328558104576

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 9:23 PM

Thanks, but what exactly are we viewing? None of these are occurring?

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 9:24 PM

The Interlock Phase II gets preliminary $5.4M tax break

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/west-...XrvpyWkAy1mmM/
Quote:
Fulton County leaders on Tuesday gave conditional approval for a 10-year, $5.4 million tax break to developer S.J. Collins Enterprises for the second phase of its’ $450 million mixed-use development known as The Interlock in West Midtown.

On Tuesday, a majority of the Fulton board voted in favor of the tax break after the developer promised at least $5 million of infrastructure improvements and a 40,000-square-foot grocery store in a part of town that needs both.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2020, 11:38 PM

Welp once that that 2nd phase gets built, West Midtown will officially become a livable walkable urban neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 3:38 AM

16-story tower planned at 505 Courtland Street and Renaissance Parkway

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/..._news_headline
Quote:
A planned 16-story apartment tower is the latest sign of revitalization for downtown Atlanta's SoNo neighborhood.

Woodfield Development, a South Carolina based real estate company, is planning the new 280-unit tower at 505 Courtland Street and Renaissance Parkway, a block off Peachtree Street.

Woodfield aims to complete the purchase of the property later this year. It's lining up construction financing for the nearly $87 million project. It could begin construction in October.

Dwell Design Studio is the architect.

The 505 Courtland could add to roughly 1,650 residential units already under construction in downtown Atlanta, according to Central Atlanta Progress, a group of business leaders and planners that guide development. Another 6,000 downtown units are in planning.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 10:10 AM

Nice! There's a lot of room for infill in that area of the city. And I like these small footprint projects as opposed to the mega projects that level the whole block.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 4:05 PM

Progress on Ascent Peachtree downtown:

from curbed:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta