HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:02 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClendonRoss View Post
That's exactly my plan (or maybe even take the 803), too. I have no desire to drive with so many good breweries within walking distance of the stadium. I'm particularly excited for Circle Brewing just across the street on Braker. They don't get as much publicity as some of the others in the area but their beer is really, really good (Circle Blur is my second favorite local behind Live Oak Hefe) so I hope this gets them more visibility. I'm hoping they upgrade their tasting room a bit by the time the stadium comes on line, though. All of the breweries in the area should absolutely kill it on game days.
I'm a big fan of 4th tap as well, which flies under the radar a bit compared to some of the others (you should check out Party World Rasslin events if you haven't).

But yeah, if I was any of those breweries my tasting rooms would be a lot bigger, put in some TVs for game day and get some shuttles ready to run people back and forth from the stadium.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:02 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Based on the Cap Metro rep's comments on the day of the stadium vote, there will not be an at-grade crossing of the tracks unless there is a station there. Otherwise, pedestrians would have to cross at a controlled spot (Braker).
Any chance for a bridge or tunnel underneath? I think it's a real mistake not to allow for pedestrian foot traffic through there.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Based on the Cap Metro rep's comments on the day of the stadium vote, there will not be an at-grade crossing of the tracks unless there is a station there. Otherwise, pedestrians would have to cross at a controlled spot (Braker).
I think Hemingson's just angling to get a station paid for. CapMetro has pedestrian-only crossings.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3554...thumbfov%3D100

Literally there's no difference between a controlled pedestrian-only spot and a controlled crossing that includes a vehicle lane, except the former is cheaper.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Any chance for a bridge or tunnel underneath? I think it's a real mistake not to allow for pedestrian foot traffic through there.
If I remember correctly, the Cap Metro rep was asked if either of those were viable and he said yes as long as it met federal regulations for crossing an active passenger/freight rail line (and there was money to pay for it, which is probably the bigger issue here).

I'm still hoping that a deal for a station at the site will get done. PSV apparently won't pay for the full ~$16 mil cost of the station (which I believe would include double tracking that part of the line) but hopefully some combination of PSV/Cap Metro/COA/federal $ come together to make it happen.

If not, the Kramer station works for now but that will only be short term since it will ultimately go away with the opening of the Broadmoor station. A McKalla station is crucial, I believe, to moving significant numbers of fans to and from the stadium via transit.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
I think Hemingson's just angling to get a station paid for. CapMetro has pedestrian-only crossings.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3554...thumbfov%3D100

Literally there's no difference between a controlled pedestrian-only spot and a controlled crossing that includes a vehicle lane, except the former is cheaper.
That's good to know. Still want a full-fledged station but the at-grade crossing would certainly be helpful for folks taking ride shares and parking on the east side of the tracks.

P.S. Oh my gosh, I just realized where that crossing you linked to is. Many, many years ago, I walked to school at Wooten Elementary from my house on Pompton and I'm pretty sure that's where I crossed the tracks. Crazy.

Last edited by ClendonRoss; Aug 23, 2018 at 6:53 PM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:45 PM

Quote:
That's good to know. Still want a full-fledged station but the at-grade crossing would certainly be helpful for folks taking ride shares and parking on the east side of the tracks.
Cap Metro was pretty adment at council that at grade crossings only occur at streets or stations. I don’t think they can put in a at grade crossing on the property without having it be a station.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:50 AM
クラブトクヨ

Interesting.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 7:01 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Alright, they had me with green. That is my favorite color... I also love the logo with the oaks.

Now we just need a bad ass theme song like Belgium. There's a couple that I would recommend.

They really need a full train station on site. Doesn't make sense not to. If I'm going to attempt to go to a game, it will have to be by train because if I'm going to party anywhere after games, it's gonna be Downtown and I'm not driving

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Alright, they had me with green. That is my favorite color... I also love the logo with the oaks.

Now we just need a bad ass theme song like Belgium. There's a couple that I would recommend.

They really need a full train station on site. Doesn't make sense not to. If I'm going to attempt to go to a game, it will have to be by train because if I'm going to party anywhere after games, it's gonna be Downtown and I'm not driving
Doesn’t it make more sense for you to drive to COTA?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 8:01 PM

have they released merch yet?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 8:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbrickley View Post
have they released merch yet?
Starts next week.

https://twitter.com/mls2atx/status/1...286966272?s=21

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 9:22 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
Doesn’t it make more sense for you to drive to COTA?
I'll still go to COTA, sure but if I go there, I'll plan on not drinking much if at all...

Now let's not go this route, I'm barely on board with McKalla. The biggest reason why I became negative is cause of how rude the supporters of McKalla were. Best to put out an olive branch now to everyone in this city who aren't thrilled about its location if you want this to work.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 9:58 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
...Best to put out an olive branch now to everyone in this city who aren't thrilled about its location if you want this to work.
You mean a Live Oak branch, correct?

HA! Had to...

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 10:14 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
You mean a Live Oak branch, correct?

HA! Had to...
Sure, Live Oak branch will work.

I must say I think the logo is very well done. Great color, great logo which fits our city.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerover View Post
Grow The Legend??? Like the gear, not feeling the slogan. Is this a soccer thing? I'm willing to give MLS a try, but I'm not a soccer fan yet so I guess I need to get used to the tree and the slogan. But I think I'm going to get tired of hearing grow the legend, grow the legend, grow the legend. How can we be talking about legends when they aren't even here and haven't done anything yet? So far everything seems carefully worded to pacify the non supporters and the nay sayers. Seems kind of sappy to me. Certainly not on the same level of Hook'em or Gig'em.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 3:41 AM
Everywhere all at once

It would be my favorite thing ever if the new mid-rise apartments in the immediate area, and the neighboring future developments in and around the Burnet/Braker intersection
...became Austin's answer to Wrigleyville in Chicago.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
It would be my favorite thing ever if the new mid-rise apartments in the immediate area, and the neighboring future developments in and around the Burnet/Braker intersection
...became Austin's answer to Wrigleyville in Chicago.
So far the only mid rise planned for that area is a 23 story mix use tower. There are several apartments getting built next door but they more than likely wont be more than 4 or 5 stories. I hope like you said that the area will fill in more with mid rises closer than the domain.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 6:13 PM
lurker

Im happy for the location! right near where i play hockey! maybe i can learn something about soccer.

The future will be here, tomorrow

Old Posted Aug 31, 2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
I'll still go to COTA, sure but if I go there, I'll plan on not drinking much if at all...

Now let's not go this route, I'm barely on board with McKalla. The biggest reason why I became negative is cause of how rude the supporters of McKalla were. Best to put out an olive branch now to everyone in this city who aren't thrilled about its location if you want this to work.

In all seriousness, I get people who didn't want the stadium. I don't get people who didn't like that it wasn't close enough to them so they are against the project which is what you said before going off on how supposedly mean the supporters were. It's just like how you said you would vote against a light rail plan that didn't go to way south Austin even though doing the starter line on N. Lamar would be amazing for the city and there isn't any way to finance them both at the same time.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2018, 9:08 PM

Quote:

Can you point me to how rude the Supporters were in general? I’m sure there were a couple bad apples.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin