HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 4:08 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

SA: Vidorra Update (Official)

I was hoping the MODS here could make this the official Vidorra related thread. Since construction has already begun and is in full string, I think we should have one.

Vidorra I

Details
  • Address: 215 Center St
  • District: East Town
  • Story Count: 20
  • Height: 295 FT
  • EOC: 4Q 2008
  • Units: 300

WEBSITE

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 5:11 PM

295 ft?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 5:32 PM
James

uhh when did 295ft happen? How could it have gotten 3ft taller and about 3flrs shorter? I'm not complaining, lol, I just want an explanation.

Last edited by jaga185; Aug 10, 2007 at 5:46 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 6:39 PM

i too can not understand why they are making the building shorter. they should X the second building and just make one really tall 40 floors

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 6:53 PM

Members of the historic design committee would have a heart attack if they tried to make 1 40 story instead of 2 20 stories.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
uhh when did 295ft happen? How could it have gotten 3ft taller and about 3flrs shorter? I'm not complaining, lol, I just want an explanation.
Yes, quite shocking if you will but very true. Chris Quinn over at the Express confirmed this with the developers and builders recently.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtobias View Post
i too can not understand why they are making the building shorter. they should X the second building and just make one really tall 40 floors
They're not making the building shorter.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 9:01 PM
James

Thats awesome, its going to be just as tall as the Alamodome spires! Which are about 300ft themeselves, this is going to give a nice little "canyon" for 37 to pass through.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
Thats awesome, its going to be just as tall as the Alamodome spires! Which are about 300ft themeselves, this is going to give a nice little "canyon" for 37 to pass through.
Yeah, soon 37 to Commerce is going to be like traveling to a mini DT!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 9:09 PM

Hey it might only be 295' and 20 stories, but I like the color scheme a lot! At least it will stand out some from the sea of pink and white across the highway from it

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 9:17 PM

I bet the previous design's height didn't include the fins. With the fins, that one was probably around 330' or so.

295', this is great news. We were prepared for a 240 or 250' building, max.

Also, if you count the floors on this design, it is at least 21 floors, maybe 22, but that may include mechanical area.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2007, 9:52 PM
JACKinBeantown

It'll be nothing to sneeze at. Nothing to get too terribly excited about either though. Still, it's a somewhat attractive design.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 12:31 PM
Meh

Well now, if it really is going to be 295 feet tall then that's fantastic. That'll be about double the height of the Staybridge Suites Hotel which is around ~150 feet tall. And yes, the spires on the Alamodome are 300 feet tall. Also the ceiling in the dome is 125 feet high. I'd imagine the top of the roof is a good 20 feet higher than that. I assume that 125 foot height is measuring it to the rafters and video/speaker system, and not the actually bottom of the dome. I guess they'd measure it that way for exact measurements since it might host certain events where they'd need the clearance.

Anyway, this is great news. 295 feet will make quite an impact there.

Oh and, I won't make this thread a sticky, there are a ton of building threads, so I'll just leave it unstuck. It'll fall down the list, but it won't be deleted since the forum's automatic pruning feature has been turned off, (used to delete threads that hadn't been posted in for 6 months). Anyway, if I see anyone post a new thread for the building, like with an update of photos, I'll merge it with this thread to keep the discussion healthy in a single thread.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 1:47 PM

This was in Friday's paper-

The Vidorra I is the first phase of the Vidorra high-rise residential complex near Sunset Station. When complete, tower one will be a 292-foot structure with 20 floors of apartments. Both towers will provide about 300 units, with a combined 670,000 square feet of space. The Vidorra will be equipped with a private fitness center, two swimming pools, a spa room, business center, private clubroom, rooftop garden, guest suites, full-time concierge service and other amenities. Units will average about $450,000. Tower one is more than 50 percent sold. Once tower one is 75 percent sold, tower two will begin.

Construction completion for tower one: End of 2008

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 1:54 PM

how do you get on the historic committee. or do you have to be 90 yr old. things are changing and sa needs to change with them

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post

The Vidorra I is the first phase of the Vidorra high-rise residential complex near Sunset Station. When complete, tower one will be a 292-foot structure with 20 floors of apartments. Both towers will provide about 300 units, with a combined 670,000 square feet of space. The Vidorra will be equipped with a private fitness center, two swimming pools, a spa room, business center, private clubroom, rooftop garden, guest suites, full-time concierge service and other amenities. Units will average about $450,000. Tower one is more than 50 percent sold. Once tower one is 75 percent sold, tower two will begin.

Well the paper miswrote one thing, they're condo units not apartments.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Well the paper miswrote one thing, they're condo units not apartments.
not only that, but the article also had the old fin design as the tower being built! those people are idiots... they are never current on anything... and it actually makes me even more skeptical of possible future developments because they can't even report correctly on a building that is under construction!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2007, 1:31 AM

It looks good!

Where is this being built in relation to the rest of downtown?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2007, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird9 View Post
It looks good!

Where is this being built in relation to the rest of downtown?

On the eastern edge of downtown right next to I-37, and just north of the Alamodome in the sunset station area, I think. Basically across the freeway from the Marriott rivercenter.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2007, 5:24 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post

I would be willing to bet they got that height off Emporis. Most newspaper writers know zilch about skyscrapers, so they scour the internet looking for info. Every once in a while they call your's truly.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio