HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 2:32 AM
SR United Balla

San Antonio Grand Hyatt Model Pictures + Bonus Pics

The Model weve all been waiting for. This bad boy is really amazing, its huge! Anyways, the people at the sales office were all really cool and of course they know about our board so were all welcome to come check out the model and get information and stuff.

Hyatt construction pics(alot of them look the same)

Vistana

Drury Inn

Other Random Pics

A very lucky man

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 2:39 AM

Thanks for the great pics. Where is the sales office located?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 3:09 AM

NANO... great pics my friend!!! i'm glad that people are getting some pics up for those out-of-towners, now that we have a few cranes downtown! i really need to get a camera, my treo is just making me feel a little inferior compared to y'alls hi-res hi-rise pics.... keep it up though & thanks!

matt

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 5:09 AM
Meh

YES! You da man, Nano! Thanks so much for going up there.

So it looks like those top levels, (residential), will definitely be taller levels. Also we were wrong on them redesigning the mechanical penthouse. Apparently it was just the angle, although it really does look different.

Also, the facade looks good. Those upper condo units with the large windows are really going to add a nice touch to the building.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 5:13 AM
Meh

Oh, and that really is a lucky man. How do some guys do it?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 6:05 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

No construction shots of Vidorra???? I'm mad! lol But still very good photos. Man, that shot of the two Marriotts and the Hyatt looks so badass with Commerce St and Market St going through. I've always liked that shot even before the Gand Hyatt but now it's even more badass!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 8:37 AM

The Nano,
Awesome work man! Some threads seem like the same old, same old but this one was truely something to be excited about. Thanks again.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 9:09 AM
James

Eep, so they know about our board? That means they've read all the mean things we've said about it... haha. Glad to know what the finished product is. It looks fantastic.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 2:00 PM
Endless Moments...

Oh very nice. I have to say that model looks awesome. So the model looks better now with the differenet levels of the roof. ALso is the final model going to have those squares painted,(looks red and orange). I think it looks very nice. I have to say looking very awesome. Thanks for going and taking those pics...

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
Meh

Here's that optical illusion, (well, sort of). In this photo of The Nano's, it shows you better that the mechanical penthouse is of course the same height as it always has been. The reason it looks shorter here, is there's another little terrace/awning above the pool deck, that wraps around the mechanical penthoue, which makes it look shorter.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 11:30 PM

Wow looks great! I'm definitely gonna try and fix my rendering now!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Here's that optical illusion, (well, sort of). In this photo of The Nano's, it shows you better that the mechanical penthouse is of course the same height as it always has been. The reason it looks shorter here, is there's another little terrace/awning above the pool deck, that wraps around the mechanical penthoue, which makes it look shorter.
So doesn't that mean the roof height is taller than the 387' or whatever it was in the black/white photos

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 1:47 AM
SR United Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Yah, thats the second floor of the penthouse level, its not listed in the floor count because the elevators do not go up to it. Its gonna be a private terrace only for penthouse owners. The pool is going to be on the lower end of the building.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:02 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
So doesn't that mean the roof height is taller than the 387' or whatever it was in the black/white photos
Regarding the heights, the mechanical penthouse roof is at 424 feet. I believe this terrace level roof, the one we see here, is at 408 feet. Then the "mainroof" the actual terrace level floor is 385 feet. Then the top floor height is 370 feet. That would be the highest occupied residential spaces.

The real magic number to remember here folks is the 408 foot number. That's going to be the one that makes the largest impact on the skyline. Remember, the tower is 432 feet long, so imagine a 408 foot tall, 432 foot long wall in downtown. The impact will be especially intense on this side of the building, which I believe is the south side, correct? So the view from the Tower of Americas will show you the highest side of the building. I'm looking forward to that view.

Now here's one amazing thought, the Tower Life Builiding is around 100 feet wide and is 404 feet tall. The Grand Hyatt's 'tower' is 432 feet long. So imagine 4 Tower Life Buildings lined up in a row. That's about the width and height this building will have. This will be a truly massive building. I believe the total square footage is around 1 million square feet give or take a few thousand square feet.

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Aug 9, 2007 at 3:08 AM.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:27 AM

Does anyone know if it will be lit up at night where it says hyatt? I think if they light it up in a nice dark blue it will look good up there, especially since the marriot is in red. That could turn out lookin pretty cool

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:35 AM
Meh

Not sure about the lighting design, but if you look, the mechanical penthouse seems to have recessed hollows "holes" in it. Those probably have glass or some kind of clear coating over them. They may be planning to light the entire mechanical penthouse from inside. That could actually look pretty cool, and if you think about it it would match the building's base with the almost checker-like facade.

Seeing pictures of the model from all angles like this is really making me feel better about its design.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 3:44 AM
SR United Balla

The people at the sales office told me that the mechanical penthouse would operate similar to a lantern. The squares will be glass and lit up at night. I wonder how bright it will be though?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 4:34 AM

Great shots.... I was in SA a few weeks ago and drove around the site. Din't want to stop traffic to count floors..... what floor are they presentlyon and what is the total floor count of the project?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 5:11 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Great shots.... I was in SA a few weeks ago and drove around the site. Din't want to stop traffic to count floors..... what floor are they presentlyon and what is the total floor count of the project?
Total floor count is 34 occupied floors, plus two levels of mechanical levels. Last I heard they were working on the 25th floor.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2007, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
Does anyone know if it will be lit up at night where it says hyatt? I think if they light it up in a nice dark blue it will look good up there, especially since the marriot is in red. That could turn out lookin pretty cool
Agreed. That would look pretty sweet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio